Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beryllius?

pandelume
08.26.2013 , 02:27 PM | #51
In regards to "anecdotal evidence":

If it was only a few players who got masses of Frasium without getting the Beryllius they need, it wouldn't end up destroying the GTN price of Frasium to way below any other blue material. You currently can't give away the Frasium, even at the low prices, it just expires for the most part.

In regards to statistical probabilities:

Like someone else said: a primitive RNG only frustrates players and often enough makes the game look broken.

Thats why people invented smoothed RNGs. They add a small bonus to success chance on each fail, until the bonus gets reset to zero on a hit. Easy enough to tweak to avoid overall % chance from changing.

In regards to schematics:

Obviously, a constant, ever repeating drop of a very small selection of armor schematics can only lead to an economic mini disaster. The GTN price for those is actually below the vendor payout (I guess some people don't check npc vendors before using the GTN on marginal items) schematics have very limited use, as a crafter only buys it once, so on crew missions, all drops should likely not be a consumable where a single use is all you'll ever need.

If I was in charge of the economy at Bioware, I'd have the database show me all abnormally low prices that coincide with high item volume on the GTN on a daily basis - figuring out the reasons would probably point me to most economic issues. And I'd make sure the back-end code is such, that adjustments can be made without needing a software engineer every time I want to fine tune drop rates or even change what does drop. So I wouldn't have to ever post that "people are working on it" cause a change could be made at the same time the issue is recognized. Lastly, you'd follow the engineer's rule of "only change one parameter at a time, then observe, before changing the next" Game companies who don't follow this rule always end up over-boosting or over-nerfing and having to backpedal later on, with more man hours wasted.

morfius
08.26.2013 , 11:45 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by pandelume View Post
In regards to "anecdotal evidence":

If it was only a few players who got masses of Frasium without getting the Beryllius they need, it wouldn't end up destroying the GTN price of Frasium to way below any other blue material. You currently can't give away the Frasium, even at the low prices, it just expires for the most part.

In regards to statistical probabilities:

Like someone else said: a primitive RNG only frustrates players and often enough makes the game look broken.

Thats why people invented smoothed RNGs. They add a small bonus to success chance on each fail, until the bonus gets reset to zero on a hit. Easy enough to tweak to avoid overall % chance from changing.

In regards to schematics:

Obviously, a constant, ever repeating drop of a very small selection of armor schematics can only lead to an economic mini disaster. The GTN price for those is actually below the vendor payout (I guess some people don't check npc vendors before using the GTN on marginal items) schematics have very limited use, as a crafter only buys it once, so on crew missions, all drops should likely not be a consumable where a single use is all you'll ever need.

If I was in charge of the economy at Bioware, I'd have the database show me all abnormally low prices that coincide with high item volume on the GTN on a daily basis - figuring out the reasons would probably point me to most economic issues. And I'd make sure the back-end code is such, that adjustments can be made without needing a software engineer every time I want to fine tune drop rates or even change what does drop. So I wouldn't have to ever post that "people are working on it" cause a change could be made at the same time the issue is recognized. Lastly, you'd follow the engineer's rule of "only change one parameter at a time, then observe, before changing the next" Game companies who don't follow this rule always end up over-boosting or over-nerfing and having to backpedal later on, with more man hours wasted.
All wants purple ... blue is not for them.
Players doesn't care about frasum or other level 55 blue mats, they sell them away if can.
Same with cloth, Slicing mats, ArmT mats ... only Biochem blue mats are used well.
Most of those have no CT to use it (I have 2 or 3 companions per alt in blue 66 whole set + 2 on my wife chars, all chars that reach 53 are in blue at the moment of reaching, after that upgrade if mean to play in endgame) - those that have going to buy it or just use it.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

psandak
08.27.2013 , 09:52 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
All wants purple ... blue is not for them.
Players doesn't care about frasum or other level 55 blue mats, they sell them away if can.
Same with cloth, Slicing mats, ArmT mats ... only Biochem blue mats are used well.
Most of those have no CT to use it (I have 2 or 3 companions per alt in blue 66 whole set + 2 on my wife chars, all chars that reach 53 are in blue at the moment of reaching, after that upgrade if mean to play in endgame) - those that have going to buy it or just use it.
And that's where I step in...

I craft almost exclusively blue quality item modifications (I tend to save my purple mats for myself and friends). While the overall value is far less - between 10k and 20k per unit - the profit margins are typically better than purple. What purple crafted item can claim a near 100% (or better) profit margin?

And when one can buy 10 blues for one purple and deck out quick...that helps too

Brotok
10.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #54
I used to get Beryllius every 2nd or 3rd UT mission. Haven't received any in 3 weeks. Period.

NeoDio
10.02.2013 , 03:08 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Brotok View Post
I used to get Beryllius every 2nd or 3rd UT mission. Haven't received any in 3 weeks. Period.
Indeed, and curiously, armoring pieces and mods which require Beryllius have never been so low on the GTN.
KOTOR Veteran,bought KOTOR1&2,played them several times.Made countless petitions for KOTOR3 and KOTOR2's cut content to be released.Been waiting for KOTOR3/SWTOR for years!
Meet me on The Red Eclipse!
BETA ExperienceBETA Ending Party

Oneirophrenia
10.02.2013 , 04:27 PM | #56
If I get a dollar for every Master Striker or Dread Scout glove schematics I have received from these 450 rich/bountiful UT missions... I'd have enough to buy SWTOR and then change the damn thing myself.

It has gotten so irritating that I no longer run the standard missions and instead changed two other characters over to slicing for a total of 3 slicers just for feeding purple missions.

Mike_Hawke
10.02.2013 , 07:06 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by bigdaddytim View Post
Is anyone else having problems trying to get some Beryllius from Underworld Trading? I sat tonight for 2 and have hours waiting for a drop and got nothing. Plenty of blues, but I need this to make LVL 66 Purple armorings and mods. Any ideas or suggestions?
Don't waste your time. 156(66) mods & armor are classic now .... they all drop like candy all over the game

JamieKirby
03.25.2014 , 12:55 AM | #58
Well, i spent the last 3 hours, while questing on Voss, sending my companions (all 5) on UT missions, ranging from Moderate to rich and none of them have gotten me any Beryllius.

No wonder why its so expensive on the GTN, the greedy sods take advantage of needs of the economy.....quite abit over the top in price though.

I hope bioware make them more common, i mean buying the material from the GTN is just like getting a loan from loan sharks.....INSANE and stupid, even i wouldn't sell them for the prices i have seen on the GTN, but then i wouldn't have made them THIS rare if they were so vital at endgame.

I really do hope they make some changes for the better, cause i started crafting with cybertech to avoid paying the way overpriced prices on the GTN for gear, only to hit this roadblock....only time will tell.

JamieKirby
03.25.2014 , 01:07 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_Hawke View Post
Don't waste your time. 156(66) mods & armor are classic now .... they all drop like candy all over the game
The issue is that you need the makeb stuff to do the content that rewards the classic commendations....not sure if the makeb level 50 blue quality armourings and mods are good enough or not, i just know the purple quality versions are and i was hoping to craft the armorings and mods in purple quality and get the enhancement via the commendations, but the extremely rare Beryllius resource is making that impossible for anyone, but trillionares. (ie. the greedy sods)

Now, if the blue quality mods are good enough to do the content for the classic commendations, then i will stick with those.

JattaGin
03.25.2014 , 06:34 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well, i spent the last 3 hours, while questing on Voss, sending my companions (all 5) on UT missions, ranging from Moderate to rich and none of them have gotten me any Beryllius.

No wonder why its so expensive on the GTN, the greedy sods take advantage of needs of the economy.....quite abit over the top in price though.
What server are you on? I have hundreds of pieces of Beryllius in my storage. It only costs a few thousand credits on the GTN and I wasn't willing to sell my pieces for like 5.000 credits. So I just locked them away and forgot about them. Are they selling now again, yes? I am smelling profit. Not.