Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Pugs. Let My Companion into Operations.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I Hate Pugs. Let My Companion into Operations.

AshlaBoga
04.19.2013 , 06:34 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcadamsl View Post
What he said, companions in raids would turn every fight into nothing but a tank and spank fight, waste of time and resources for Bioware to do,,,
I think the OP is focusing on the kinds of players you encounter in pugs, the ones where if you made no changes whatsoever to the operation, a companion would still be superior. My advice is this: STOP PUGGING. JOIN A GUILD.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Xenith
04.19.2013 , 06:43 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
lol, agree,
further more, CHANGE the dmn SWTOR into a console game, we DON'T need an MMO.
You can't change an MMO into a console game once it's made and a year later, for PC.
Peace is a lie... and so is your Order.
CE_VIP

MastaKorgy
04.19.2013 , 06:49 AM | #23
Love this
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

Mcadamsl
04.19.2013 , 06:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I think the OP is focusing on the kinds of players you encounter in pugs, the ones where if you made no changes whatsoever to the operation, a companion would still be superior. My advice is this: STOP PUGGING. JOIN A GUILD.
How does a companion do phase one or even phase two of Operator IX fight in TFB ( this is the fight where you have to channel or stand in a colored circle based on your class, ) to make comanions able to even just run as dps during a raid fight you either have to rework any part of a fight that requires them to do more then stand there and pew pew or make them immune to aoe and standing in bad stuff , or they will suck up some much of healer resources that what is the point of them.

These type of post and the ones that want a min item level to run a pug all was get me, Really If you dont want to deal with a random person who if you mind isnt as skilled as a very limited AI then grab 3 or 7 friends that you know and trust then group up and que for flash point or Op. you can que up with a full group it doesnt require you to have random players in it. the reward doesnt change

Themanthatisi
04.19.2013 , 07:08 AM | #25
I think it would be better to show others how to play them better.... maybe they will even join the guild.

TheBBP
04.19.2013 , 07:18 AM | #26
I have no problems with this, but the rewards should reflect such a situation and be reduced.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

AlienEyeTX
04.19.2013 , 07:39 AM | #27
I like this idea. Yes, I am in a guild. I run Ops only occasionally. It would be great, though, when someone drops, or when we're getting a group together, to be able to pull up a companion, rather than pulling in some random person to help.

Basically, I'm all for pretty much any idea that makes companions more useful.
Be a lamb and click on this referral link, would you? You get free stuff and I get free stuff. Nothing to lose.

AlienEyeTX
04.19.2013 , 07:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I have no problems with this, but the rewards should reflect such a situation and be reduced.
Disagree. The content is the content and rewards should be the same no matter how the content is completed.
Be a lamb and click on this referral link, would you? You get free stuff and I get free stuff. Nothing to lose.

Aelther
04.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcadamsl View Post
What he said, companions in raids would turn every fight into nothing but a tank and spank fight, waste of time and resources for Bioware to do,,,
What are you all talking about? We're not asking to change any fights or any mechanics. We just want a simple ability to summon companions in ops, like in flashpoints. THAT IS IT.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I think after swapping stances from neutral to active every 3 seconds those people deserve to get full rewards if they pull it off.

Thundergulch
04.19.2013 , 01:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Disagree. The content is the content and rewards should be the same no matter how the content is completed.
By all means, use your companion, just don't come to the forums crying because you can't get past Operator IX , and demand they change the fight because you are unable to make your comp go to their color circle.