Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A real expansion

mathol
04.18.2013 , 11:21 AM | #1
So, i was thinking, when will we get a real expansion for Star Wars Old Republic??
An expansion where you get like 10 more lvls and not 5(which you can lvl up easly within a few days)
An expansion where you actually will get on with the war, i mean we haven't really seen a lot of the real war/battle going on, just minor fights between smaller ships and groups
An expansion where we can continue with our companions/romance.
And maybe an expansion where both republic players and empire players get a chance to do a flashpoint, which will give us the chance to infiltrate Drumund Kaas and Coruscant
And maybe changes of companion for some new, interesting ones.

Skyrison
04.18.2013 , 11:23 AM | #2
The REAL expansion will be the space expansion. You can count on that
Legacy of the Eternal

Shingara
04.18.2013 , 11:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
The REAL expansion will be the space expansion. You can count on that
Agree.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

AlaricSevGirl
04.18.2013 , 11:40 AM | #4
Well, I'm going to go with never. That's right, we're never going to get a real expansion although....EA would make some money on it. Say 200K subscribers at 60.00 for the expansion would be....around 12 mil. See EA, a real expansion would pay off and I was going low on the number of people who would buy it.
GSS Legacy, Jedi Covenant,
Guild Leader for Galactic Security Solutions (Pub)
Imperial Independence (Empire)

Alavastre
04.18.2013 , 11:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
Well, I'm going to go with never. That's right, we're never going to get a real expansion although....EA would make some money on it. Say 200K subscribers at 60.00 for the expansion would be....around 12 mil. See EA, a real expansion would pay off and I was going low on the number of people who would buy it.
I disagree. I think they may come out with a full blown expansion, with some mini makeb type expansions in between. There was a long layoff on content for the F2P stuff, and now that all of that is over, I think you will see more of a focus on new content.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Soluss
04.18.2013 , 12:06 PM | #6
IMO, I dont think we ever will. It took them an entire year to bring this to us. They just dont have the staffing to do a large expansion. If you see them start hiring a bunch of people then maybe but this is EA. They dont hire people, they fire them.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Alec_Fortescue
04.18.2013 , 12:12 PM | #7
I loved Guild Wars expansions :'(

Skyrison
04.18.2013 , 12:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I loved Guild Wars expansions :'(
Well this isn't GW now is it
Legacy of the Eternal

chuixupu
04.18.2013 , 12:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
IMO, I dont think we ever will. It took them an entire year to bring this to us. They just dont have the staffing to do a large expansion. If you see them start hiring a bunch of people then maybe but this is EA. They dont hire people, they fire them.
Their staff isn't all that small, actually. And they have been hiring new artists, designers, client tech since the fall. Haven't seen any QA positions open up, though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Jeweledleah
04.18.2013 , 12:21 PM | #10
would people stop fixating on 5 levels? why does it have to be 10? by that reasoning, WoW haven't had a real expansion since Wrath of the lich king, since the last 2 "only" gave you 5 levels.

and you know what? I'm GLAD that gear gap is almost negligible. I'm glad that you don't ed up replacing all your gear with a bunch of quest rewards from the very few quests that you do, if you've been 50 for a while. and that you can still use your old gear to start on new end game content.

would it be nice to have more companion content, completely personal stories instead of personalized main ones? yes. but you do realize that it would cost 4 times as much, would take a lot more time to develop and would STILl be eaten up by eager player base in a matter of weeks.

this is a mini expansion. it was marketed as such. and its real enough.