Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KarathAnno
04.17.2013 , 04:12 PM | #21
That was a very disappointing post with a lot of information that was simply wrong.

Alacrity is not good for the Juggernaut at all, I don't believe it is good for the Marauder either but I don't have enough experience with that AC to say for sure. It does not reduce the channel time of Ravage or increase rage generation except by allowing us to spam our weakest attack more often. Switching out any DPS stat for alacrity will result in a loss of damage (with the one exception of accuracy over the hit cap).

Also while the Immortal tree is vastly improved it still has no answer to the vast amount of CC most of the trash mobs have in this game. It can be unbelievably frustrating to play now.

He also fails to mention that Saber Reflect scales negatively for tanks; meaning it gets worse as your gear, specifically your defense rating, improves. I find this a mindbogglingly bad design choice that I hope is reversed soon.

tman_ac
04.17.2013 , 05:24 PM | #22
You still should consider to raise the timer on the Merciless debuff by at least 5 seconds. More and more boss encounters in this game makes it nearly impossible to keep your stacks and if you lose them, your sustained damage goes down like crazy.

I already suggested that @ the PTS forums. Prior to 2.0, Merciless could stack up to 3 times with a 15s refresh timer, now in 2.0 it can stack up to 4 times with the same timer. For example on Titan 6, a combat sentinel will always outperform a watchman sentinel cause you are losing your stacks.

Hope some Dev will read this and may change this in an upcoming patch.

And btw, alacrity does nothing on a sentinel. I mean, I used now 2 alacrity enhancements and the result is the same dps. Every skilled sentinel/marauder player will always prioritize Surge/Accuracy over Alacrity. In addition, Masterstrike seems not be affected by alacrity at all...
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Karkais
04.17.2013 , 05:30 PM | #23
Despite my initial prejudice toward any change, I have been enjoying my carnage marauder a lot. Thank you for this update.

Doublesaber throw seems like a very good aoe power where previously I only had the smash, and I think the DST is a very good improvement. Particularly when fighting weak mobs which are in abundance in Makeb..

I am not sure about alacrity yet, but I have certainly seen and approve the effect. Funny to activate berserk and then force charge animating much faster etc.. I would say the alacrity changes are good

Quote:
Carnage has been criticized for being a little too simple to play. While they have lots of fun utility, their core rotation was a little boring. However, some players like a more relaxed playstyle, so itís important to us that we donít change things too much.
This I however can't wrap my mind around, since my carnage marauder remains my most complex character to play, particularly in pvp; But no matter, the changes are good regardless. I feel that my marauder got better.

ps. the rotation didn't actually change much at all..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Icebergy
04.17.2013 , 05:32 PM | #24
I am very happy with the changes to Defense Guardians overall, however I will echo what others have said. The amount of CC that trash mobs currently have is just out of control. I charge in and before I can even aggro the group, I am knocked across the room, stunned, then knocked to the other side of the room, meanwhile the melee DPS pulled aggro on everything that I was unable to hit yet and dies. Then I am CCed again while the mobs go after the ranged DPS.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Aelther
04.17.2013 , 11:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I am very happy with the changes to Defense Guardians overall, however I will echo what others have said. The amount of CC that trash mobs currently have is just out of control. I charge in and before I can even aggro the group, I am knocked across the room, stunned, then knocked to the other side of the room, meanwhile the melee DPS pulled aggro on everything that I was unable to hit yet and dies. Then I am CCed again while the mobs go after the ranged DPS.
Yeah the knockbacks are totally out of control. There are some mobs who actually knock you back and then grapple you back. So when there's more than one you are being ping ponged all the time. It's impossible to do anything. I really just can't understand why would so many mobs use those annoying knockbacks. It's just so annoying.

GrIMDaemon
04.17.2013 , 11:41 PM | #26
Reading over the changes and looking over the new trees makes me want to play my Guardian more. Guardian was my main since early access and I want to play him again but I don't want to play him when all of my friends are on another server. Mmos are meant to be played socially not solo.......
Survival Strategy is recruiting all players for our Op groups. APAC welcome!

Merras
04.18.2013 , 02:16 AM | #27
What about a very much needed smash nerf?

Alec_Fortescue
04.18.2013 , 02:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
What about a very much needed smash nerf?
About what...?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Alec_Fortescue
04.18.2013 , 02:28 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
This post states that smash has been significantly reduced.

I crit a sage today for 8k and a Merc for 7.2k . I guess I could only imagine what those numbers would've been had they not "nerfed smash significantly".

I do like these posts in general, but there are some gems of untruth. (For the Medicine operative, it was something about their healing being limited. The best healer in the game....had limited healing.)
Everyone has got increased hp (and all kind of damage in general) and bolster is still bugged, isn't it? They also removed expertise from war hero gear. Proportionally, Smash might do less damage than before.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Merras
04.18.2013 , 02:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
About what...?
Smash needs a huge nerf but BW did nothing. Smash still has 7-8k aoe crits.