Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JasonNH
04.16.2013 , 01:50 PM | #11
My dirty fighting scoundrel thanks you for these changes. The ammo management is much better and the ability to fire off wounding shots more often is very welcomed. The change to prevent shrap bomb from breaking CC was very needed so this helps a lot. I feel like we are in a good place to be productive now along with other DPS. Big thumbs up.
Tashili, Medeira, Arreldon, Kaatta, Windemere
Raschtok, Chantea, Sterbefall, Toede

pooks
04.16.2013 , 01:58 PM | #12
Increase the dps to the concealment operative so they are viable on raids.

The guild I am in does not want me to run raids as a stealth operative; they say I don't and won't put out the needed dps for raids. I don't want to play Sniper. I also don't want the Lethality tree. I got stuck on a pvp server when I moved with my guild.

This is their quote :

"Not to cut on Ops but since they are considered a melee class and are not doing as well as others, such as Maras, PowerTechs, Jugs, or Assassins, an Op DPS that does well will still have a harder time making a raid especially an 8man because a leader will typically want 2-3 range and 1-2 melee. The melee that will be chosen will usually be Mara first for Blood Thirst Utility and then Assassins and PTs for off tanking abilities and then finally a Op."

"I just want to see you get more time in the raids. In 2.0 the sniper will be the best DPS class as far as we can tell"

"This message is to not sway your decision or force you to change your main, but to offer some insight that this change could be more beneficial for you since we are heavy on melee DPS and Ops will likely not beat out most of the other classes."
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

beefyandbeef
04.16.2013 , 02:01 PM | #13
*Post deleted due to mysterious disappearance of other posts*
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness

Kieranjames
04.16.2013 , 02:42 PM | #14
awesome im going to do some dirty kicks to npcs in the area with this new update
if they hit us we are dead if they miss us we are dead what great is the odds?

Zeneren
04.16.2013 , 03:13 PM | #15
my scrapper thanks you for this ! happy face
balance is a key to achieve knowledge and understanding

MitchPB
04.16.2013 , 03:39 PM | #16
So is there a DR for alacrity
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <Midian>

Glower
04.16.2013 , 04:05 PM | #17
Mr Peckenpaugh... Pls, tell me - why overbuffed sniper need it?

Quote:
Spotter: Now when Snipers enter cover, they start building stacks of stealth detection. These stacks climb steadily over 30 seconds and stack up to 30 times. Each stack increases stealth detection by 1 level. This effect ends when you leave cover. We wanted Snipers to feel like they really owned an area, especially if they’ve “set up shop” for a while there, so to speak. Stealth characters can still sneak up on Snipers when approaching them directly from behind, but now a deeply rooted Sniper makes a great lookout, even against unwitting stealth characters.
Rock beats paper, right?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

KettleBelll
04.16.2013 , 04:30 PM | #18
How about a small cooldown on that Operative roll eh?

seven_deadlies
04.16.2013 , 05:37 PM | #19
Still can't say I'm inspired to play an Agent just yet...

I started an Agent and a Smuggler at the same time. Played them both up for a little while, to compare.

First off, the Agent uses a pistol during cinematics, but can't really use one at all.

More importantly, the Agent gets hit more often while charging abilities. Charged Shot leaves the Smuggler behind cover while charging, then they stand up long enough to fire. Sniper Shot leaves the Agent standing while charging, so they get hit more (and suffer knockback) before eventually firing.

It's the little things, that made me delete the Agent eventually and play up the Smuggler instead.

FelixGoldenHeart
04.16.2013 , 05:48 PM | #20
Lol @ complainers. The sniper was always this powerful. You just didn't notice it because of all the smash monkey and Pyrotechs. We get a few moves to make us more mobile and hold our own in a 1 vs many fight and you complain? Ha ha I say... Ha ha.