Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Imperial Agent and Smuggler Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.16.2013 , 11:09 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Senior Designer, Austin Peckenpaugh, shares details about the class changes to the Imperial Agent and Smuggler now live in Game Update 2.0. Discuss them here!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

WaldoA
04.16.2013 , 11:30 AM | #2
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU.

~still to read more!

EDIT: You said you've changed Stim Boost for the better, in my opinion it's nowhere near as handy at the moment. Playing as a DPS in PvE (Concealment) is very hard on the energy pool and often find myself having to use default attack a lot. I'd like to see a change made to stim boost that would possibly lower it's active coolown by X (5?) seconds everytime you consume a Tactical Advantage. This would be a trait in the Concealment tree ofcourse, as the Medicine tree uses an awful lot of Tactical Advantages and would be able to have a large alacrity boost often.
Assassin - 53 // Juggernaut - 50 // Vangaurd - 50 // Gaurdian - 51
Operative - 51 \\ Sorcerer - 50 \\ Sniper - 52 \\ Marauder - 46
Powertech - 47 // Assassin - 35 // Shadow - 36 // Sage - 37

Coldin
04.16.2013 , 11:37 AM | #3
I've really liked the changes with Scoundrel Scrapper so far. Definitely an improvement. More consistent DPS and fewer energy problems. It's really nice seeing Flying Fists proc more than once per second as well. I do kind of wish Underdog boosted the crit damage on Sucker Punch though.

We're still incredibly squishy, with no real defensive talents. Changing Pugnacity pretty much killed how Surprise Comeback works, leaving us with no effective way to restore health while in combat or in stealth. I'm hoping that particular talent might be reevaluated.

bhakail
04.16.2013 , 11:55 AM | #4
Any relation to Sam Peckenpaugh?
“...if something is there, you can only see it with your eyes open, but if it isn't there, you can see it just as well with your eyes closed. That's why imaginary things are often easier to see than real ones.”
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

Darth_Wicked
04.16.2013 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote:
Sniper Volley: We’ve improved this ability in three ways to make it an even better signature skill for Marksmanship. First, the Alacrity it provides is now very useful. Second, because Series of Shots is so much better than before, finishing its cooldown is now even more useful. Finally, Sniper Volley now lasts 15 seconds (up from 10).
Someone forgot to mention that the animation for Series Of Shots looks absolutely terrible, having in mind it's channeled way faster. Would be nice if you guys actually payed attention to that sort of details, since it's not the first time either. Overload for inquisitors anyone? Underwhelming to say the least.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Agent Madel Felth, Imperial Intelligence
If we mourned every conquered planet, we would NEVER have become an Empire.

Dannakin
04.16.2013 , 12:51 PM | #6
I like what you have done to the smuggler class skill-wise but I do have a question about the new smuggler gear.
Since i had a hard time getting my accuracy-cap i had to replace some enhancements to get more hit, and on the new gear is no accuracy at all... why is that? This would mean that when i would buy the new gear I would be doing more dmg with crit/surge but i have more chance to miss the target

CaptainApop
04.16.2013 , 12:56 PM | #7
I got better energy management so I could use a hard-cooldown ability that I burn on cd more often (recuperative nanotech). I'm hardly complaining but I am confused.
One bit I'll add though is I'm not a fan of kolto pack/infusion having a cooldown. You claimed to be giving us more options but homogenized an ability. It was freeform (fair enough it was also bad and niche) and now it's another "burn on cd" ability.
Personally I'd like to see the cd removed and the healing adjusted to pay for that change. It's clear on live we have more tactical advantages than we can even burn and that makes cool talents like "surprise surgery" rather underwhelming. The ability to kolto pack on multiple targets would make vanish into a viable burst cooldown for op healers rather than just our umpteenth method to get our energy back.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

jersyiii
04.16.2013 , 12:59 PM | #8
i like how bioware is boasting with their new fotm class
normally one could expect balance, but no, lets make a very strong class (sniper) into faceroll mode

means mister peckenpaugh has no clue about pvp ... really no clue

Luxidenstore
04.16.2013 , 01:12 PM | #9
Oh, how I'm looking forward to the VG/PT one....

paowee
04.16.2013 , 01:31 PM | #10
I like the changes to Engineering. Covered Escape and Scatter Bombs made the tree competitive in end-game PVE on large scale bosses. It does exceptional damage when you can utilize your Scatter Bombs, and average damage when you are not. Thanks for making 3 very distinct, viable and competitive specs for us to play with in a PVE environment. Good job!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records