Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

ZahirS
04.16.2013 , 08:34 PM | #21
Jaina Solo:
"That kid can fly."
―Han Solo, referring to Jaina

Quote:
She also used the Force to help her and Jacen eventually escape imprisonment and was capable of producing light by rubbing air molecules together telekinetically.[23] At some point, she learned Force lightning[15] and could break the grip of a Force choke
As teenager:

Quote:
At the age of sixteen, Solo flew a record time course through the asteroid field Lando's Folly near Dubrillion, beating out the record previously held by Jedi Master Kyp Durron
On healing:

Quote:
She was trained in the use of a Jedi healing trance, which she employed on the mission to Myrkr to help heal the torture she suffered during a brief period of Yuuzhan Vong captivity
Jaina Solo, her enemies

Quote:
she stood her own against Supreme Overlord Shimrra's slayer bodyguards in the final battle of the Yuuzhan Vong war.[76] While dueling her brother for the first time, he described her fighting style as conservative, brutal, ruthless, designed to deal damage without suffering any in return
Her Lightsaber combat, Note she deafeated Darth Caedus
Quote:
Her considerable skill with a lightsaber was such that in 40 ABY, she was able to slay her twin brother[85] and in 43 ABY, she was able to defeat four Mandalorian warriors attacking the Jedi Temp
Powers:

Quote:
Also, during the Yuuzhan Vong War, she and her brothers were able to re-create the Jedi battle meld,[7] focusing a unit of Jedi together into one cohesive group.
Quote:
Solo could also use the Force to control her breathing[85] and clear toxins from her body
Quote:
Solo learned the shatterpoint technique from Luke Skywalker, which she had long thought lost. She also learned how to shut down in the Force, so as to be undetectable, from her cousin Ben.[85] Later, Solo demonstrated an affinity for the Beast Control power, being able to bend a large number of different animals to her will at the same time.[86] However, despite her skill as a Jedi Knight, pilot, and combatant,

GarfieldJL
04.16.2013 , 08:40 PM | #22
I still say the fight wouldn't go anywhere...

They're likely to destroy just about everything in the immediate vicinity, but I really don't see either of them having a significant advantage over the other.

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 09:14 PM | #23
Well, modesty apart, my arguments were far better than yours ZahirS. Among all you presented, Jaina's greatest feats than would be killing his brother after an very bad explained fight wich ended with Caedus kind of turning back to the light side, thus abdicating from the duel and killing four mandalorians. And from where I know, she participated in the assault to Shimrra's Citadel, but Luke defeated the supreme Overlord without almost any help from his nephews, who were fighting the Slayers.

So let's compare, Darth Sidious/DarthVader/Shaak Ti X Darth Caedus/4 Mandalorians. Well, the judgement is yours.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

ZahirS
04.16.2013 , 09:22 PM | #24
Well I disagree Marcelo I think your arguments are pretty superficial once you get to it, as you got them mostly from gameplay perspective. Jaina on the other hand is more fleshed out character and she has a unique ability against Galen which is Shatterpoint technique.

Galen and Jaina are both wrecking balls of the force but Jaina has a slight advantage in my opinion.

Wolfninjajedi
04.16.2013 , 09:24 PM | #25
Wasn't Jaina amped by Luke though? Didn't he like, project an image of himself so that Caedus thought he was fighting him and also gave Jaina a boost in her own power?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ZahirS
04.16.2013 , 09:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Wasn't Jaina amped by Luke though? Didn't he like, project an image of himself so that Caedus thought he was fighting him and also gave Jaina a boost in her own power?
Don't remember exactly, but I do remember Caedus was badly injured in the fight with Jaina.

Wolfninjajedi
04.16.2013 , 09:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Don't remember exactly, but I do remember Caedus was badly injured in the fight with Jaina.
Wait here we go, quote.

Quote:
Despite the ringing in her ears and the gauze in her head-despite her hugely aching skull and the big knot of hurt swelling on her brow-Jaina had never been so filled with the Force. She could feel it in every cell of her body, swirling through her like fire, burning more ferociously every moment. She had never felt so strong or so quick or so alert. She could drive her fist through a durasteel wall, or catch a blaster bolt between her fingers. Despite the red curtain of blood cascading from the gash where Vatok's helmet had split her forehead, she was aware of everything."

Then after

"Then Jaina experienced an abrupt draining as her Force energies returned to their normal level. Suddenly she felt cold, tired, and in pain, and she barely had the strength to hold her lightsaber as it flicked back and forth, batting away blaster bolts."
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

marcelo_sdk
04.16.2013 , 09:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Well I disagree Marcelo I think your arguments are pretty superficial once you get to it, as you got them mostly from gameplay perspective. Jaina on the other hand is more fleshed out character and she has a unique ability against Galen which is Shatterpoint technique.

Galen and Jaina are both wrecking balls of the force but Jaina has a slight advantage in my opinion.
Now I agree with you. I'm not saying that Jaina can't win. But some people stated that Jaina would kill Marek with one hand tied to the back, wich is absurd. Someone here literally said that Marek is only "slightly above average", I just can't such a nonsense like that and keep quiet.

But yes, the two are very powerful, and we would have a fierce and spectacular fight. But I still would give the advantage to Marek. He says a lot more skill as a swrodsman and has pretty overwhelming powers. And after turning to the light side, he mastered the precognition hability. And I'm not saying that from gameplay perspective, since gameplay is non-canon. All the references are taken from cutscenes from the game, wich are canon, or the novelization.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Ventessel
04.17.2013 , 02:52 AM | #29
How is killing four Mandalorians listed as a point in Jaina's favor? That's got to be one of her least significant accomplishments.

During the Mandalorian Wars, Jedi would kill dozens of Mandalorians. Galen Marek slaughtered elite guardsmen and stormtroopers by the bushel during his missions after being betrayed by Darth Vader. Taking on four of Karen Traviss' vaunted Mandalorians shouldn't even cause a well-trained Force User to break a sweat.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

ricofico
04.17.2013 , 05:09 AM | #30
I don't know why people think Starkiller didn't bring down that StarDestroyer.

Because I sure did!

Gravity helped once I got it to free fall!

Anyways, I read some of the books with Jaina Solo and played as Galen Marak/Starkiller on Forced Unleashed. I'd have to say, I think Galen would win. My reason really is due to his force powers not so much his light saber skills. He doesn't have all these crazy powers. But the few he did have he pretty much perfected! While Jaina maybe be great as a pilot, we are talking about ground combat I assume. Where Jaina has great skill with a light saber. Galen was also trained by Vader! So I have to say that's a win for Galen.

They way I see it going down is, they both go straight to a lightsaber fight dueling it out. After a couple of swipes and near death experiences. Galen has to use his powers to win. Because Jaina is just too strong! And Jaina based off of only the books I read, doesn't really have much of a defense against force powers. As Galens' is just too great. So unless she has some crazy special ability I don't know of or a way to get close enough to kill Galen; he wins.

or she runs away (tactical retreat) jumps into a fighter and blasts him from the air!!! LOL
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.