Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Mandalin
04.14.2013 , 10:02 PM | #1
I'm almost level 53 and simply cannot get it done. Too often none of my abilities execute so I can't keep the refueling bots off the slug. Is this not a one-person mission?
Mandalin Tun, owner and operator of Tun Enterprises Inc
google.com/

I_Sithed_MyPants
04.14.2013 , 10:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandalin View Post
I'm almost level 53 and simply cannot get it done. Too often none of my abilities execute so I can't keep the refueling bots off the slug. Is this not a one-person mission?
1. Ability delay is annoying lots of people.
2. Lots of people can still finish this mission.
3. Learn to play your class?
4. Get friends and do it in a group.
5. Also...cc is your friend.
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

HiltoftheDragon
04.14.2013 , 10:11 PM | #3
I did it at lvl 54. My solo attempt was a 1 shot effort....but it wasnt at all textbook and i almost died twice but talos threw off a couple lucky heals on me. Killing the droids is the most important thing. If he stacks 60 then he'll burn you down with that laser.

I never did use the yellow items to kill his recharge. I pretty much kited myself back and forth to talos to heal me then would knock more droids down. I would dps archon when there was a break in the action. Overall not too difficult but its a busy keyboard smacking fight.
The Starkillerz Legacy
"Death is an old friend of mine"
Grievance @ The Shadowlands
Creedess 55 * Serinety 55 * Noliana 55 * Adea 55 * Revenup 55

pooks
04.14.2013 , 11:12 PM | #4
this quest needs to be easier. fewer droids maybe.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

Aryh
04.14.2013 , 11:17 PM | #5
I died two times with vette, then I chose Quinn. The quest suddenly became way too easy for me, I was really bored.
I think it's a nice challenge and if you kill the droids it should be fine. Yeah there are a lot of them and they are annoying but it adds to the difficulty.

coille
04.14.2013 , 11:42 PM | #6
I did it with Quinn and it wasn't too hard.

ChuangTzu
04.15.2013 , 12:56 AM | #7
I'm 55 healer and i cant do it! And dont give me the learn ur class line. It is just too hard to keep my comp alive while killing the droids and avoiding his huge aoe attack.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

OddballEasyEight
04.15.2013 , 01:31 AM | #8
Apparantly you just have to sidestep the laser when he gets going and you'll be fine... or so im told.

chuixupu
04.15.2013 , 01:40 AM | #9
I think I got it on the second try, once I looked up the strategy. Just make sure to kill the adds ASAP because they recharge him, don't interrupt his casts because you want him to drain energy,, and you can in ft side step that laser if it comes to that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Eege
04.15.2013 , 09:56 AM | #10
What about the 4 or so AOE circles he clusters around on the ground? How do you avoid those. As a marauder, I don't have the ability to get out of them that fast. And I take a good chunk of damage when they hit.
Eege

~"Master Windu. I worked hard to earn that title, and even harder to deserve it."~ Mace Windu - Shatterpoint