Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

Aurbere
04.14.2013 , 08:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Alter Environment gets rid of this advantage. Make the ground soft or quicksand-like around Jinn, or make the ground simply go into the water (it's a swamp). This would also tire him out as he would have to be constantly moving to evade the altering environment.
There are several issues with that (while I applaud your creativity ).

Firstly, I do not believe that one can turn the ground into something quicksand-ish. It could be possible, but I don't think so. But even so, this would hurt Plo Koon just as much as he would have less room to move.

Secondly, he can't force the ground to go into the water. He can, however, draw the water out of the swampy ground to accomplish the same effect. Again, though, this affects Plo Koon just as much.

Plo Koon can, however, freeze the water that surrounds him, limiting Qui-Gon's movements. However, it is likely that this would distract Plo Koon (if only momentarily), which would give Qui-Gon an opening to strike.

We should also remember that Qui-Gon Jinn fights with his intuition, which means that he adapts to the flow of battle. While Qui-Gon Jinn lacks tactical forethought, he is a smart duelist.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

marcelo_sdk
04.14.2013 , 09:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
There are several issues with that (while I applaud your creativity ).

Firstly, I do not believe that one can turn the ground into something quicksand-ish. It could be possible, but I don't think so. But even so, this would hurt Plo Koon just as much as he would have less room to move.

Secondly, he can't force the ground to go into the water. He can, however, draw the water out of the swampy ground to accomplish the same effect. Again, though, this affects Plo Koon just as much.

Plo Koon can, however, freeze the water that surrounds him, limiting Qui-Gon's movements. However, it is likely that this would distract Plo Koon (if only momentarily), which would give Qui-Gon an opening to strike.

We should also remember that Qui-Gon Jinn fights with his intuition, which means that he adapts to the flow of battle. While Qui-Gon Jinn lacks tactical forethought, he is a smart duelist.
Canino exagerated a little the effects, but his idea is right. The power to change the environment would be decisive for Koon to win. He doesn't need anything drastic like turning the water to ice, he just needs a subtle thing, like making the air more heavy by evaporating some water and increasing the air moisture. That would break Qui-Gonn even more quiclkly, and Koon would feel nothing due to his oxfilter. But even if he choses to do something more drastic, I don't think it would had any major effects on him, assuming he was a master with this tecnic.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 09:29 PM | #23
Well his only feat with Alter environment that I could find show him doing, is moving clouds to provide cover.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...icture__2_.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...icture__3_.jpg

There is also the bit, that he can make fog or ice.

Quote:
A Kel Dor, Plo Koon can control the environment to create fog or ice.

--Taken from The Ultimate Visual Guide
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

marcelo_sdk
04.14.2013 , 09:48 PM | #24
Quote:
In particular, he used his expert knowledge of physics along with the Force to alter the environment—the resourceful Jedi could create small whirlwinds as well as a dense fog over a limited area, freeze tiny rivers and lakes, and raise or lower the temperature of his surroundings enough to incapacitate an opponent.

Plo Koon's Wookieepedia article
I haven't read this until now, but that's exactly what I said. By changing the air moisture he could incapacitate the targets, what would be even more critical to Qui-Gonn.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]

Beniboybling
04.15.2013 , 04:21 AM | #25
Wait, when did Savage Oppress exploit Plo Koon's breathing mask weakness, or even face him for that matter?

But anyway, concerning Alter Enviroment - I doubt its going to come into play here seeing as it needs a deal of concentration of Koon's part, something Jinn's aggressive style will not permit.

Query: Are you sure Koon is a master of Djem So? I've come across several (while not exactly reputable) sources stating he was a master of Shien... although it would seem plausible that he was a master of Form V as a whole.

But either way, I think your right to say that Plo Koon would win this. And I agree with the edges you've given.

YoshiRaphElan
04.15.2013 , 08:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Wait, when did Savage Oppress exploit Plo Koon's breathing mask weakness, or even face him for that matter?
Yeah, I don't remember Savage and Plo ever fighting.

Aurbere
04.15.2013 , 09:15 AM | #27

Query: Are you sure Koon is a master of Djem So? I've come across several (while not exactly reputable) sources stating he was a master of Shien... although it would seem plausible that he was a master of Form V as a whole.

But either way, I think your right to say that Plo Koon would win this. And I agree with the edges you've given.
Savage and Plo Koon fight in the comic 'The Sith Hunters.' For the most part, the duel was even (despite the focus on Maul's duel with two Jedi). It didn't change until Savage ripped Plo Koon's mask away.

Gotta go with this:

Quote:
Possessing great strength, Koon was a master of hand-to-hand combat. He was also a master of the fifth form of lightsaber combat, Djem So.[42][45] Master Plo was considered amongst the most skilled swordsman in the Jedi Order, being capable of fending off even Asajj Ventress while being encumbered by a broken arm. He was also trained in the use of Ataru.[46]
- Plo Koon's Wookieepedia page

If I have the time, I'll go through some of my books. Though it is possible that Plo Koon is a master of the whole of Form V, considering his skill in blast deflection.

Interestingly, the above quote says that he was trained in Ataru.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

marcelo_sdk
04.15.2013 , 09:53 AM | #28
Let's not bring this concentration thing back, that's seems to me as lack of arguments, people did the same thing in Plagueis vs. Vitiate about the late's power of mind control, wich lead to the absurd win (at least for me) of the Muun Sith Lord.

Plo Koon was no idiot, not like he was going to change foccus oin the middle of Qui-Gonn's offensive. And as I said, a subtle change in the air moisture, not anything drastic, would be enough to increase Jinn's fatigue.

But even if we take environment control out of the table, I see Plo Koon winning. As said before, just a swift victory would do for Qui-Gonn, but that's very unlikely to happen against the experienced Kel Dor Jedi Master.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Beniboybling
04.15.2013 , 09:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Savage and Plo Koon fight in the comic 'The Sith Hunters.' For the most part, the duel was even (despite the focus on Maul's duel with two Jedi). It didn't change until Savage ripped Plo Koon's mask away.

Gotta go with this...
Interesting, it would seem Wookieepedia has yet to add this to their databanks, most disappointing *tut* *tut*

I'm surprised that Savage Oppress managed to go toe-to-toe with Plo Koon, let alone 'defeat' him. I look forward to his appearance in the BattleZone, and will be sure not to underestimate him.

Query: How did Plo Koon survive that? And how did Oppress manage it in the first place. Lol, I really wanna read this comic now. Savage Oppress is a favourite character of mine.

Aurbere
04.15.2013 , 10:01 AM | #30
Interesting, it would seem Wookieepedia has yet to add this to their databanks, most disappointing *tut* *tut*

I'm surprised that Savage Oppress managed to go toe-to-toe with Plo Koon, let alone 'defeat' him. I look forward to his appearance in the BattleZone, and will be sure not to underestimate him.

Query: How did Plo Koon survive that? And how did Oppress manage it in the first place. Lol, I really wanna read this comic now. Savage Oppress is a favourite character of mine.
Well the duel lasted roughly three pages, but it wasn't the main focus. Darth Maul's duel with two other Jedi was.

However, the duel was quite even. They exchanged blows for a bit, but then Savage removes Plo Koon's mask. Plo Koon is literally instantly taken out of the fight and left gasping for breath. Kenobi and Skywalker come in in their starfighters and attack Savage and Maul from above. Plo Koon gets his mask back on. The end. /sigh

I don't know how long the duel could have gone on for, but they seemed pretty evenly matched in regards to saber skills.