Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Doomed Sith Empire


BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
04.12.2013 , 02:07 PM | #21
Fair enough, there may have been better example, but what I was trying to get at with the Lenin example is this idea that a people in a state of desperation will unite even if a leadership is not the nicest of people/prone to schisms, and not to say its a good thing at all but from militaristic point of view it arguably gives them a sort of strength of will that maybe a more complacent society does not have.

Anywho, aside from that, all very good points.

Think I'll still stick with my agent, though. As I said, Intelligence has shown a lot of disdain for Sith power games anyway, which ultimately led to Intelligence being shut down.
EDIT: Also noticed this discussion attracted more pro-Republic types. What's the deal?
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

drfumblez's Avatar


drfumblez
04.16.2013 , 09:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Fair enough, there may have been better example, but what I was trying to get at with the Lenin example is this idea that a people in a state of desperation will unite even if a leadership is not the nicest of people/prone to schisms, and not to say its a good thing at all but from militaristic point of view it arguably gives them a sort of strength of will that maybe a more complacent society does not have.

Anywho, aside from that, all very good points.

Think I'll still stick with my agent, though. As I said, Intelligence has shown a lot of disdain for Sith power games anyway, which ultimately led to Intelligence being shut down.
EDIT: Also noticed this discussion attracted more pro-Republic types. What's the deal?
Because we want your feeble Empire to fall, dude!

Jedi Knighting, tho.

stormdrakelord's Avatar


stormdrakelord
04.16.2013 , 10:29 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
EDIT: Also noticed this discussion attracted more pro-Republic types. What's the deal?
Pro-republic here, but can see the side of the Imps, even if it is not much. To me, the Empire is bound by the sith.

Spoiler
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
04.16.2013 , 02:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Think I'll still stick with my agent, though. As I said, Intelligence has shown a lot of disdain for Sith power games anyway, which ultimately led to Intelligence being shut down.
EDIT: Also noticed this discussion attracted more pro-Republic types. What's the deal?
My main's a Sniper. I just disassociate my interest in the storylines on Imp side characters with my approval of the Sith Empire vs. the Galactic Republic.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Nyysjan's Avatar


Nyysjan
04.26.2013 , 01:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
1) Human High Culture. This originated with George Lucas. He was working with a UK crew, and UK union rules, saying a certain amount of British actors had to be in his production. Lucas is not the kind of guy who likes being told what do do, so he had his required contingent of British actors sitting at the Evil Overlord table. And having blown his makeup budget in the Mos Eisley Cantina, they were all (old, white, male) humans. When the budget increased and the EU got a catalog of fantastic species to work with, the inevitable question came up about why all the Moffs were (old, white, male) humans. Making the Emperor and his toadies believers in human supremacy was his dodge. In-universe, the most likely explanation for this is that humans and Sith Purebloods likely had the easiest time cross-breeding, the highest rate of Force Senstivity, or that the majority of the Dark Jedi that got shipped to Korriban were humans, or some of all three. However, 90% of the galaxy's sentient population is made up of other species.
So, what you're telling me, is that the part about the empire, i always considered the most stupid, both from ingame, and out of game, came about because George Lucas is petty?
Figures
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
04.26.2013 , 01:18 PM | #26
The bad guys lose in Star Wars. Palpatine got the closest, and he did it via manipulating the democratic system and not warfare. The Sith are in Star Wars to provide an opponent for the heroic Jedi. They aren't the main characters.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
04.26.2013 , 01:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyysjan View Post
So, what you're telling me, is that the part about the empire, i always considered the most stupid, both from ingame, and out of game, came about because George Lucas is petty?
Figures
The Empire is George Lucas's Atlas Shrugged!

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
04.26.2013 , 02:12 PM | #28
look given that this is a faction based MMO, I think we can take a few bits of things in mind. most importantly..odds are the next chapter will see the Empire win. they'll use an Isotope 5 weapon as their dues ex machina to I dunno obliterate a key republic offensive that leaves the Republic vulnerable to a counter offensive.

winning the war in SW:TOR is a bit like getting off the island in Gilligan's island. it won't happen because that would end the series.

Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
04.26.2013 , 02:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
look given that this is a faction based MMO, I think we can take a few bits of things in mind. most importantly..odds are the next chapter will see the Empire win. they'll use an Isotope 5 weapon as their dues ex machina to I dunno obliterate a key republic offensive that leaves the Republic vulnerable to a counter offensive.

winning the war in SW:TOR is a bit like getting off the island in Gilligan's island. it won't happen because that would end the series.
Yep. To the OP: the Emperor is "presumed dead" by the Republic. His spirit is alive and recovering. I bet he'll return in a future xpack and the Republic will have egg on its face after publicly announcing they took him out (see end of Makeb storyline).

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
04.26.2013 , 02:50 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
look given that this is a faction based MMO, I think we can take a few bits of things in mind. most importantly..odds are the next chapter will see the Empire win. they'll use an Isotope 5 weapon as their dues ex machina to I dunno obliterate a key republic offensive that leaves the Republic vulnerable to a counter offensive.

winning the war in SW:TOR is a bit like getting off the island in Gilligan's island. it won't happen because that would end the series.
I don't know. Maybe the Sith classes decide to get out while the getting is good and start their own empires somewhere while the bounty hunter and agent seek opportunities with new employer. I think it might be very interesting if the Empire slowly died during the life the games as we know they will.