Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Doomed Sith Empire

BradTheImpaler
04.11.2013 , 05:33 PM | #1
So from what I've been hearing, by the point in the timeline of "March to Makeb", the Republic has won "a few key victories", some of which are obvious, i.e. Balmorra. But where are the Empire's victories?

What are my fellow Imps' thoughts on this predictable turn of events? Even though we all know who ultimately wins, is there any hope of breaking through the Republic plot armor for a few decades/centuries, or is it just going to be a one-way ticket to defeat?

In other words---the Emperor's gone. Malgus is gone. Corellia is lost. Balmorra is lost. Probably most of the other planets are lost. What has the Empire actually won since the Sacking of Coruscant? It sometimes feels like in the next content update, Republic troopers will be storming Kaas City.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

SpacemanR
04.11.2013 , 06:48 PM | #2
I'm sorry that I do not know the answer to your question, but from reading your post, doesn't this game seem a little bit like the Command and Conquer series? I mean, GDI vs Kain. From the game itself, we all know that GDI (Republic) are the ultimate winners, but we get to see an alternate reality in which what would happen if Kain (Sith Empire) won. So, do you think this is a correct assumption?

drfumblez
04.11.2013 , 06:52 PM | #3
You have been winning. The Empire's been winning for the past 40 years. -__-

Sorry the Republic actually managed to turn around and stop on your winning streak, but hey, maybe if the Sith stopped stabbing each other's backs, you'd win. /shrug

yoomazir
04.11.2013 , 07:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
.., but hey, maybe if the Sith stopped stabbing each other's backs, you'd win. /shrug
I'm not worried about that, thanks to the Republic own corruption, we will come back stronger than ever.

zzoorrzz
04.11.2013 , 07:15 PM | #5
I think the best thing to do would be to figure out where Tython is and strike with all resources against Jedi. Without them Republic would be hopeless. yoomazir said it well. Republics politicians, corruption together with democracy is something that we beat easily.

SpacemanR
04.11.2013 , 07:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
I think the best thing to do would be to figure out where Tython is and strike with all resources against Jedi. Without them Republic would be hopeless. yoomazir said it well. Republics politicians, corruption together with democracy is something that we beat easily.

Hahahahahahah!! I'm a bounty hunter and I laugh at both Republic and Empire. While they both are tearing each other apart, I'll be in complete control of the whole galaxy. What then boys and girls?

BradTheImpaler
04.11.2013 , 07:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I'm not worried about that, thanks to the Republic own corruption, we will come back stronger than ever.
Amen. Not to mention that even when things seem to calm down we still have agents....everywhere.

BradTheImpaler
04.11.2013 , 07:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SpacemanR View Post
Hahahahahahah!! I'm a bounty hunter and I laugh at both Republic and Empire. While they both are tearing each other apart, I'll be in complete control of the whole galaxy. What then boys and girls?
Well, somebody has to hire you!

TalkingDinosaur
04.11.2013 , 08:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Meanwhile 3000 years later...
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

BradTheImpaler
04.11.2013 , 08:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
Meanwhile 3000 years later...
They didn't bother invading Alderaan and just blew the backwater planet up!