Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 New Player Mistake: Not Selecting Advanced Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
#1 New Player Mistake: Not Selecting Advanced Class

Kokkomo
06.18.2013 , 02:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Right, on the Fleet:

Republic Fleet = go to Tython and Ord Mantell Departures Lift (West Side) = Talk to NPC with Quest there.
Imperial Fleet = go to Korriban and Hutta Departures Lift (East Side) = Talk to NPC with Quest there.

Come back if you have problems.
Dear Tatile, first of all very thanks ! I went to Tython & Mantell Dep. Lift. But there is no NPC or Adv. Class Mission (Choice). Even I went to back Tython Planet ! There is no solution ! I wrote to Customer Services. I want to go back Tython PLanet Leaving in the story. I hope the problem will be solved tomorrow.
RESIST !

Tatile
06.18.2013 , 03:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Yeah, that's the video guide you need.

Edit: Kokkomo - there are literally no quest on Carrick Space Dock (round thing) near that lift? As in - no Bounty Board with Crew Skill/Social and no set of four NPCs (two on each side) that interactable?

Nmyownworld
06.18.2013 , 03:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokkomo View Post
Dear Tatile, first of all very thanks ! I went to Tython & Mantell Dep. Lift. But there is no NPC or Adv. Class Mission (Choice). Even I went to back Tython Planet ! There is no solution ! I wrote to Customer Services. I want to go back Tython PLanet Leaving in the story. I hope the problem will be solved tomorrow.
Hi Kokkomo.

When you traveled from Tython to Republic Fleet, did you use the planetary shuttle on Tython, or did you use your Fleet Pass? After completing the initial (in this case) Typhon class missions, if you use the Fleet Pass instead of the planetary shuttle, your class story may not progress, even though you are already on Republic Fleet.

I recently leveled a Smuggler up, my first character as a subscriber. I had leveled characters on Ord Mantell before. I knew the next stop for my character was Republic Fleet, so after I completed the class missions on Ord Mantell, I used my Legacy Fleet Pass to get to Republic Fleet, not the shuttle on Ord Mantell. My mission log continued to show, "Take shuttle to Republic Fleet" or some such wording, even though I was already on Republic Fleet. No new missions were triggered on my log.

I had to catch a shuttle from Fleet back to Ord Mantell, and then catch the planetary shuttle from Ord Mantell, to Republic Fleet. Then, my mission log showed my next mission.

NOTACTICS
06.18.2013 , 03:30 PM | #15
For such an important I think rather than mess about with having to go to NPC mission giver, that when you reach Level 10 regardless where you are that a codex messge pops up stating your can now select your advanced class. You can then just open up the window to select which one want from there and pick up the supply pack you get and allocate your initial skill points. Surely this would be simple to implement and will avoid players missing out accidently.

I think alot of the problem is that quiet a few new players will leave the starter plenet at level 8 or 9 miss the advanced class mission giver and move on without realising.

Kokkomo
06.19.2013 , 01:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah, that's the video guide you need.

Edit: Kokkomo - there are literally no quest on Carrick Space Dock (round thing) near that lift? As in - no Bounty Board with Crew Skill/Social and no set of four NPCs (two on each side) that interactable?
Customer services solved my problem. Thanks ...
RESIST !

Tatile
06.19.2013 , 01:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokkomo View Post
Customer services solved my problem. Thanks ...
What was the problem, anyway? Did you perhaps pick up the quest but it bugged or you abandoned it?

The-Uncreative
06.19.2013 , 02:13 PM | #18
I've also seen several players running around without AC, or asking in General chat how to get it, I usually tell them to talk to Sammo Kob for smuggler, Master Nimi for Knight, Master Ostar-gal for Consular and Captain Jefris for Trooper.

those quest-givers are also on Coruscant (am going to find the Imp side ones and write them down) Sammo is near the first taxi you find, Nimi is next to a statue a bit further, Ostar-Gal is at the entrance of the senet plaza and I think that Jefris is next to the trooper class trainer (not shure about that)

So It's not just on the fleet that you can find them, I try to make it common knowlege, but usually ppl say you have to go back to the fleet.
I am everywhere*!!!
(*everywhere does not include RP-servers, PvP-servers or non-English speaking servers)
---> this is a referal Link.... wanna be my friend now?
Legacy Level 50 .... obviously....

Helig
06.19.2013 , 02:27 PM | #19
The "number one" new player mistake is failing to learn the very fundamental basics of their class - like what stats does it benefit from the most. Seeing mid-level Juggernauts in Aim gear (default aim mods and all) makes me want to force choke people through the Internet.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

AlixMV
06.19.2013 , 04:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
The "number one" new player mistake is failing to learn the very fundamental basics of their class - like what stats does it benefit from the most. Seeing mid-level Juggernauts in Aim gear (default aim mods and all) makes me want to force choke people through the Internet.
I made that mistaken when I started. It's not as if there are tooltips to explain it (or, wasn't back then).
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee