Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Plight of the Lonely Crafting Mat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
The Plight of the Lonely Crafting Mat

Plicitous
04.05.2013 , 12:45 AM | #1
I have to ask forgiveness in advance because I'm about to whine about a pet peeve that's trivial, harmless and none of my business.

Do people really buy basic, low-level crafting mats one lonely unit at a time? I can totally understand why someone would sell single units if it's an expensive purple mat that can only be had if you crit or run a discovery mission, but seriously, how often do people really buy single units of a ubiquitous low-level gathering mat like Desh which is neither expensive or hard to come by? I can't shake the idea that the sellers do it for the thrill of seeing 37 new mail messages every time they log in.

I know this is a petty and pointless complaint, but seeing such gross inefficiency is like nails on a chalkboard because I know it's precisely that kind of behavior that forced BW to institute the painfully low cap on GTN slots that I curse on a daily basis. If nothing else, it's annoying to scroll through pages and pages of lonely crafting mats when scouring the GTN for bargains.

Please help the cause against loneliness and stack responsibly. Everyone needs friends. Even crafting mats.

Thank you and goodnight.

wainot-keel
04.05.2013 , 05:36 AM | #2
I do sometimes when I'm short of a few to craft and I'm too impatient / lazy to run the mission myself or to go farm it.
Hell, I've bought mats just to avoid the annoyance of logging out / logging in to send sssstuff from an alt ( BW y u no legacy bank !! )

asbalana
04.05.2013 , 07:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
I do sometimes when I'm short of a few to craft and I'm too impatient / lazy to run the mission myself or to go farm it.
Hell, I've bought mats just to avoid the annoyance of logging out / logging in to send sssstuff from an alt ( BW y u no legacy bank !! )
LOL, I think that we have all done that.

I go to craft something and it is a no go because I have 3 of the 4 required mats. Of course, another character has ten stack of 99 in his cargo hold.

Do I -

1. Buy one mat or

2 Log off and wait for character screen to load, log back on and wait for fleet to load, summon speeder and go to cargo hold area, use splitter and get one mat, go to mail box and mail myself one mat, log off and wait for character screen to load, log on and wait for fleet to load, and then go to mail box and get one mat.

I don't get the people who list one mat at a time (other than expensive purples) considering the time it takes to split stacks and then do the listing. You can grow old just listing two stacks of ten one mat at a time. I doubly don't get the people who do it with cheap low level mats with almost zero profit per unit. That I don't get it is meaningless because it is done all of the time. I can see listing one item at a time in a game that allows multiple listings in one pass by just specifiying the number of listings and number of items in each listing, but although most games have this capability swtor certainly does not. Other than when I do need the one mat, in which case I just click on the first / cheapest listing, when I pull up something on the gtn I just skip the first few pages of ones and twos.