Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HELLOooOoOO? Quality Control...anybody home?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HELLOooOoOO? Quality Control...anybody home?!

TheBBP
04.04.2013 , 04:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
What is it that annoys you, exactly, or that strikes you as being especially trollish, about what I'm saying?
I don't think that you are trolling and you aren't annoying me. You just come across as grossly incompetent. It's the fact that you are crying about a UI element that is easily moved coupled with the fact that you think that these elements should be perfectly sized and in-place regardless of your screen resolution is absurd.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 04:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I don't think that you are trolling and you aren't annoying me. You just come across as grossly incompetent. It's the fact that you are crying about a UI element that is easily moved coupled with the fact that you think that these elements should be perfectly sized and in-place regardless of your screen resolution is absurd.
The way these elements are arranged look the same on everyone's monitor, irrespective of resolution.

Now, lets examine this image:

-The Quest Log toggle is placed about 8 centimeters off the top-right corner of the screen, where it should be.

- Quickbar # 1overlaps with the player character tab

- Quickbars #4, #5, and #6 are placed, and sized, in such a way that they overlap with whichever quests the player has active, as well as with the mini-map.

- The companion quickbar has the background element automatically switched on, which looks odd.

And to add to this list of goodies, you can now expect an achievements tab to overlap with the mini-map as well.

TheBBP
04.04.2013 , 05:10 PM | #23
you can now expect an achievements tab to overlap with the mini-map as well.
And if that happens you can bet that I will move and/or resize it without a tantrum on the forums about it. That's just me though. Your experience may differ.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Karkais
04.04.2013 , 05:14 PM | #24
Again, U.I. customization should be optional, not mandatory. That's just basic game design principles, kindergarten stuff.
You cannot please everyone with same UIm no matter what it looks like. With customizable UI we get the chance to change it ourselves for the one we like.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 05:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
And if that happens you can bet that I will move and/or resize it without a tantrum on the forums about it. That's just me though. Your experience may differ.
Of course you will. As will I.

But the whole point of U.I. customization is to allow us to rearrange it to our own preference, not to force the player into a sort of crisis management, where—in order to reach even a semblance of visual coherence—he or she is absolutely required to re-work the U.I.'s presentation almost from the ground up.

Dimoxinil
04.04.2013 , 05:23 PM | #26
How'd it ever come to this...

The new U.I. looks, simply put, outright atrocious ever since the 1.2 update. And it keeps getting worse (now there's an achievement toggle that overlaps with the mini-map).

Compare and contrast, folks.

OLD U.I. in standard extended quickbar mode:

http://docholidaymmo.com/wp-content/.../05/SWTOR2.jpg

NEW U.I. in standard extended quickbar mode:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...0-02-04-04.png

And yes, I know we can change it. But U.I. customization should be optional, not mandatory.

EDIT: THIS is actually a better (or is that worse?) representation of the new default U.I., since in the example above the player had arranged quickbars #1 and #2 to look a little better.
I honestly thought this was dated 2011, before UI customization...but no. So I'm sorry but this is one of the stupidest complaint posts I've seen here.

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 05:27 PM | #27
No one notices what the problem is here? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Taleek
04.04.2013 , 05:32 PM | #28
No one notices what the problem is here? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
The layout of the UI is pretty bad, but you can easily remove the two extra bars (which are basically pointless anyway) in like 20 seconds. So, it may be a problem, but its an EXTREMELY minor problem.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 05:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Taleek View Post
The layout of the UI is pretty bad, but you can easily remove the two extra bars (which are basically pointless anyway) in like 20 seconds. So, it may be a problem, but its an EXTREMELY minor problem.
Put yourself in the shoes of a new player who has yet to accustom himself with the game's inner workings:

1.) You are not even aware yet that U.I. customization is an option
2.) It will blow your mind how bad the U.I. looks once the quickbars are extended
3.) Once you finally figure out that the elements are arrangeable, you will then spend at least a grueling half-hour of your time becoming familiarized with the system.
4.) Your first impression of the game is now tainted, possibly irreversibly.

PurpleLynx
04.04.2013 , 06:05 PM | #30
Put yourself in the shoes of a new player who has yet to accustom himself with the game's inner workings:

1.) You are not even aware yet that U.I. customization is an option
2.) It will blow your mind how bad the U.I. looks once the quickbars are extended
3.) Once you finally figure out that the elements are arrangeable, you will then spend at least a grueling half-hour of your time becoming familiarized with the system.
4.) Your first impression of the game is now tainted, possibly irreversibly.
Elf, I see your posts alot, it seems that you are destined to find SOMETHING wrong with the game. No game is perfect. If you hate the game as much as your complaints seem to make it seem, why bother playing? Not a dig, just curious.