Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HELLOooOoOO? Quality Control...anybody home?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HELLOooOoOO? Quality Control...anybody home?!

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 02:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Light-years View Post
You can resize and disable any UI element you like. Every aspect of the UI is 100% optional.

Please educate yourself before creating threads.
Please educate yourself on reading the posts you quote before trying to write responses to them.

Light-years
04.04.2013 , 02:49 PM | #12
Copperfield is much better at this than you.
Z'of Z'ipe
The Tempesta Legacy

jedip_enguin
04.04.2013 , 02:50 PM | #13
Maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be, but I cant see anything amiss here...
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

ikinai
04.04.2013 , 02:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
How'd it ever come to this...

The new U.I. looks, simply put, outright atrocious ever since the 1.2 update. And it keeps getting worse (now there's an achievement toggle that overlaps with the mini-map).

Compare and contrast, folks.

OLD U.I. in standard extended quickbar mode:

http://docholidaymmo.com/wp-content/.../05/SWTOR2.jpg

NEW U.I. in standard extended quickbar mode:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...0-02-04-04.png

And yes, I know we can change it. But U.I. customization should be optional, not mandatory.
I'm guessing they're all at work and not at home, just guessing.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Arlbo_Nabbins
04.04.2013 , 02:52 PM | #15
How'd it ever come to this..
Oh look, its another complaint thread based on your opinion being fact.

My opinion is that the 1.2 UI change made things a lot better.

Again, U.I. customization should be optional, not mandatory. That's just basic game design principles, kindergarten stuff.
It's not an issue with the resolution. I got that pic from someone else, and am positive that it looks like that for everyone.
The screenshot that you are complaining about is not the default. That has been customised.

ninjonxb
04.04.2013 , 02:58 PM | #16
The ironic thing about this entire post. Unless I am mistaken that screenshot is not the default layout anyways.
So complaining that you did something optional and it doesn't want to look right and saying UI customization should be optional not required... Well you are right. It isn't required. But if you start customizing it a little bit then you might as well just dive in.

dorpen
04.04.2013 , 03:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
The ironic thing about this entire post. Unless I am mistaken that screenshot is not the default layout anyways.
So complaining that you did something optional and it doesn't want to look right and saying UI customization should be optional...
Pretty much this, thread over everybody. The troll has been feed a bit too much, its bad for its self image if it gets too over weight due to its owners over feeding it.

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 04:31 PM | #18
Folks, I'm not trying to troll anyone. I'm simply pointing out that the default U.I. looks terrible.
I'm all for U.I. customization, provided the standard U.I. looks at least halfway presentable. This is far from being the case with SWTOR at the moment.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
The screenshot that you are complaining about is not the default. That has been customised.
You're right, I hadn't noticed. It's actually been customized to look marginally better, so that the uppermost quickbar doesn't overlap with the character tab. In the default U.I. it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/ChE7C3J.jpg

Yup, it's that bad. Almost makes me wish we were back to this sordid state of affairs.

Well, not really. But you get my meaning.

TheBBP
04.04.2013 , 04:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Light-years View Post
Copperfield is much better at this than you.
No joke. At least Copperfield appears competent.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Machine-Elf
04.04.2013 , 04:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
No joke. At least Copperfield appears competent.
What is it that annoys you, exactly, or that strikes you as being especially trollish, about what I'm saying?