Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

Wolfninjajedi
04.04.2013 , 01:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
OK...just to be clear on what you're saying - the Rebel Alliance knew of the vulnerability, they knew they needed to shoot 2 torpedo's into a tiny hole, but they were unaware of the exact bend needed - they were making a best guess as to what could stop the Death Star. So the only possible way their plan could have worked (assuming every pilot had taken a shot) was for Luke to guide his down using the Force, making his shot that much more impressive?!

Bah...you edited after I was replying The "heat seeking" could work...
Pretty much yes, if you recall Red Leader had a perfect shot and it only impacted on the surface.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kameki
04.04.2013 , 01:42 PM | #22
How did Darth Sidious keep the entire Jedi Order in ignorance despite the many clues and mysteries revolving around the Clone Wars?

(Related) In the many many encounters between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, why was Obi-Wan not interested in the master of Maul? It would personally be the first thing I asked him if I got the chance.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

Diablo_Cow
04.04.2013 , 03:19 PM | #23
Do Sith Lords have to pay electricity bills? Are baby wookies as cuddly as they sound? Does Darth Vader sometimes force choke himself before he beats his wookie?

Doctoglethorpe
04.04.2013 , 03:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well obviously some of the inhabitants survived (since both jawas and tusken raiders are related to the original inhabitants) meaning some parts of the planet must have been left intact. As for the rest, time and nature has a way of changing things. The glass would erode and im sure meteorites helped speed that along.
The inhabitants adapted to the new enviroment and evolved into jawas and tusken raiders.
They hid underground to escape the planet's destruction, there was no untapped surface oasis. Reemerged years later.

And then aliens came for the prospect of mining.

Doctoglethorpe
04.04.2013 , 03:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kameki View Post
How did Darth Sidious keep the entire Jedi Order in ignorance despite the many clues and mysteries revolving around the Clone Wars?

(Related) In the many many encounters between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, why was Obi-Wan not interested in the master of Maul? It would personally be the first thing I asked him if I got the chance.
Dark Side shroud. Jedi were so used to being able to just look at somebody and go "yep, thats a sith" that they took it for granted. That said, in the later years of the clone wars the dark side energy around Palpatine did become more obvious and harder to miss. They mistook this for being influenced by the sith rather then being the sith himself. In fact right up at the end of the war they were pretty much knocking on his front door in terms of tracing the clues back to him. The entire campaign to take Palpatine hostage by the confederacy was a way of getting him "away from the crime scene" figuratively speaking. Then after that battle, the end was rushed to completion since Sidious knew he couldn't delay any longer once the investigation was resumed.

So that pretty much answered your second question too, the Jedi did care about the master. A great deal. They just weren't very good at looking.

Euphrosyne
04.04.2013 , 04:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kameki View Post
There's an entire book about this, called Labyrinth of Evil. It's pretty good.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

TalonVII
04.04.2013 , 04:30 PM | #27
How in the name of hell did R2D2 avoid all those memory wipes?

And better yet, how big is R2D2's memory core? How in the hell can he hold that much data?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
finished all chapter 3 arcs. Currently JK, Sith Sorc, and Agent to 65

StarSquirrel
04.04.2013 , 06:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
How in the name of hell did R2D2 avoid all those memory wipes?

And better yet, how big is R2D2's memory core? How in the hell can he hold that much data?
Star Wars has advanced tech, gotta assume their memory and processing power is light years ahead of anything we can even conceive of.

As for how he avoided memory wipes, R2 is an astromech so most people don't really care about him telling people stuff and Bail even made a point of wiping 3-PO's memory but not R2's. Remember in IV both Luke and 3-PO understood R2 but they hardly believed him. He is also crafty, and is almost always in the possession of someone who wouldn't wipe his memory (ie... Anakin, Padme, Obi-wan, Bail)

Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
Do Sith Lords have to pay electricity bills? Are baby wookies as cuddly as they sound? Does Darth Vader sometimes force choke himself before he beats his wookie?
No. Yes, till their claws slice clean through your jugular. I...uh...no?
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Slowpokeking
04.04.2013 , 06:07 PM | #29
Does Darth Plagueis count as Anakin's father?

zzoorrzz
04.04.2013 , 06:25 PM | #30
Great that his thread poped up, because just today this question came to my mind - how do we even know that ToR's Emperor =/= movies Emperor ?

Spoiler

Sorry if the answer is somehow obvious and I'm just not aware of it.