Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've given up on Flash Points and Operations.

mikebevo
04.01.2013 , 03:23 PM | #11
As other have stated join a guild for Operations. Period....GF is very hit and miss when it comes to Operations and it is largely miss.

As to random flashpoints. No clue, I will heal anyone that needs it in a HM FP. I don't care about gear or rotation, with the exception of HM LI (which is another I thing I only do with guild members). all the rest I don't mind people not geared or people still learning rotation.. I like to think (and have) out healed any fresh 50 mistake in a HM FP short of them falling off a platform. Expecting people to be great without seeing HMFP is just asking for disappointment.

Learn your rotation, learn your defensive cooldowns, learn kill order and don't stand in AOE's and you learn that you don't need much healing in a HMFP. Now if you were pulling ahead of the tank, then the tank and the healer may have just not tanked or healed for you. I don't do that unless the tank ask me to do it and then only after I warn the dps.

JamieKirby
04.01.2013 , 03:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
He is a dps and complains about not getting healed?

A dps should not even need to be healed much in most flashpoints, except sometimes very rarely.

If you are constantly needing to be healed as a dps, you are doing something wrong. And it has nothing to do with the gear.
I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, i am in tionese gear and player pointed me to the pvp stuff that gave me better implants and a better earpiece and it helped, i got hurt alot, but i also got healed, i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.

I never had a problem ,but i was smart enough to get into a good guild, guild runs tend to be more maturity, unlike the LFG groups, that seem to be full of 'a single wipe and give up mentality.

mikebevo
04.01.2013 , 03:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever,
Big difference in a Operation and a HMFP, but yeah everyone needs healing (says the healer). However, I have done many HM FP without a healer or tank, just 4 dps running around killing everything fast. I would not even attempt that even in SM EV.

Swaption
04.01.2013 , 04:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
I'm not lvl 50 for long, I®ve played just some hm FPs so far and daily missions/heroic missions. I don't consider myself perfect player and I did a couple of mistakes, but I've only met wonderful people so far who always answered my questions and didn't call me out for anything once, let alone kick me. That seems to be almost unimaginable according my experience I'm on Progenitor, very nice people there.

Btw. that rotation thing mentioned above seems to be a bit too harsh. Of course everybody has some system of abilites he use based on his experience. But in HM FPs there is no reason IMO to worry about that because they are actually not that hard.
Rotation is only important for less geared people or certain classes. Of course a full 63 sniper can do decent dps with just snipe/ambush, but if the same sniper is in tionese your group will be slow. Or if a deception sin only uses maul, you will also have issues.
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

AshlaBoga
04.01.2013 , 06:23 PM | #15
I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, i am in tionese gear and player pointed me to the pvp stuff that gave me better implants and a better earpiece and it helped, i got hurt alot, but i also got healed, i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.

I never had a problem ,but i was smart enough to get into a good guild, guild runs tend to be more maturity, unlike the LFG groups, that seem to be full of 'a single wipe and give up mentality.
In regards to EV AoEs unless the tank isn't doing his job, the ONLY AoE that should be hitting you is on the 1st boss (big droid). If Gharj is smashing you then either you as a ranged dps then you're doing it wrong (as a melee unless you have Force Speed or Intercede then you can't avoid it. (Boss 3-4 don't have an AoE). Soa's AoE on the 1st level is one you should never get hit by and the Pillar smash should never hit anyone either (yes, even the tank).

So, tldr: the only AoE in EV that should hit you (if you're a ranged dps) is on the first boss.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Eternalnight
04.01.2013 , 11:02 PM | #16
I did Eternity Vault or whatever its called last night, my first Operation ever, ...
i got hurt alot, but i also got healed,
Can you read? I said flashpoints, not operations. With very few exceptions, in most flashpoints even though there are some, there are far fewer things that are designed to damage the whole group.

As for EV, a lot more of that AOE damage you suffered can be avoided than you think. Learn to play.

But really when a dps player posts stuff like this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Instead, I get ridiculed, mocked, and straight up not-healed by LFG healers until I die and then left without a Res.
The first thing that comes to mind is some ninja pulling dps (typically sentinel) who constantly rushes ahead of the rest of the group and jumps into new enemy mobs before the tank has pulled causing the whole pack to attack him, then expecting to be healed through it or expecting the tank to have aggro before the tank is even there.

Second thing that comes to mind is some dps (again most typically sentinel) who stands still on some easily avoidable aoe damage thing that he could have simply just moved out of, and then blames the healer after killing himself with his own stupidity.

In both cases no healer with brains would waste energy in a futile attempt to try to save a dps like that. And any mocking and ridicule he gets is well deserved. It has nothing to do with gear at that point.

I have never seen anyone mock or ridicule or refuse to heal a tionese geared dps who plays smart.
(perhaps one exception might be that SOME people don't look kindly to random pugs who join Lost Island hardmode in tionese or worse)

Oh and almost forgot...

i guess you got carried through everything then, cause dps do get hurt, its called 'aoe' and other boss stuff.
Well you guessed wrong.
And actually you got carried through by overpowered healers because you got hurt "alot" and needed "alot" of healing.
I can do EV as a dps without needing "alot" of healing. While I might need some healing from healers, I only need a minimal amount of healing.

Oh, by the way... one more thing
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
the ONLY AoE that should be hitting you is on the 1st boss (big droid).
Even though most people don't use this tactic anymore (but remember the good old days), as most people now prefer to just aoe heal through it now, actually the aoe from the first boss can also be avoided almost completely, especially on storymode, by hiding behind the towers left by the 2 turrets you destroy before the boss appears.

AshlaBoga
04.02.2013 , 01:30 AM | #17

Oh, by the way... one more thing

Even though most people don't use this tactic anymore (but remember the good old days), as most people now prefer to just aoe heal through it now, actually the aoe from the first boss can also be avoided almost completely, especially on storymode, by hiding behind the towers left by the 2 turrets you destroy before the boss appears.
True. Back then if any dps got hit by an AoE at any point I'd point it out to them afterwards so they could improve. Of course, in the good old days no one bothered min-maxing because you'd have to spend 16 weeks doing HM EV (since HM KP was only 1 boss).

I do NOT miss Dec '11/Jan '12, especially the repair bills (ugh, remember when dying at level 36 cost you 9k?).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

mikebevo
04.02.2013 , 10:24 AM | #18
In both cases no healer with brains would waste energy in a futile attempt to try to save a dps like that.
Funny I thought the healers role was to heal. Silly me

Sorry, but it does not take 1/2 a brain to know that living dps out damages dead dps. I will heal anyone, anytimeÖPeriod...As a healer, my job is to heal the tank, myself and then dps and to practice good energy management so that I have the ability to keep the tank on his/her feet at all times. I will prioritize DPS. The one playing smart will get healed before the one standing in Lava, but I will heal both unless it is killing my energy and thus hurting my ability to keep the tank on his/her feet. I understand that even bad dps is going to (usually) produce more damage than me, so for a smooth fast run healing people through mistakes is my priority. I will make respectful comments and suggestions, but I am not there to force anyone to do it my way. So they can take or leave my advice, if they canít handle respectful advice and get over defensive, then I will let them be and ignore. I will still healing them through the rest of the instances though, my job isnít to teach those that donít want to be taught a lesson (that they will not learn), my job is to heal.

JMacneish
04.02.2013 , 11:11 AM | #19
may of been said but if you want succesfell endgame expirance join a guild or suffer endless pain.

galadimana
04.02.2013 , 01:26 PM | #20
... which is too bad. This kind of elitist snobbery - insulting newer players, telling them to 'lrn2play', berating them for not knowing the 'proper order' of their attacks, etc.. - this kind of garbage will absolutely drive me out of the game (and people like me).

Game designers/Devs, take note - choosing this path of designing the game to be unfriendly to casual players will be the end of the game, and good riddance.

Making the game so sensitive to not using the proper, perfect attack rotation is both petty and boooring. I have better things to do than play a game that requires me to 'become an expert' at it - or with players that insist on the same.

But whatever - if the game becomes dominated by this attitude, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere to get insulted by supercilious morons.

OP - find some friendly people to play with. Don't stand for abuse from others. It's just a fricking game people.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.