Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Performance booster


LordSitho's Avatar


LordSitho
03.29.2013 , 09:22 PM | #1
Hello everyone

I know many are struggling with performance problems. I'm happy to announce that this tool might help you alot.
What it does is cleaning the computers memory. It's a known issue that swtor is leaking alot of memory.

This package contains Memory Cleaner by koshyjohn.com and my own personal script written in AutoIT.

My script allows you to clear the computers memory every x second. Memory Cleaner is limited to once every 5minutes.

Settings.ini
Code:
Path  = "C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\KoshyJohn.com\MemClean\MemClean.exe"
Delay = "30000"
You need to change Path to wherever you installed Memory Cleaner. This is my setup.
Delay is set by default 30000ms which is 30 seconds.

You can also right-click on Cleaner icon and select "Set Priority".
This will change swtor.exe priority from Normal to High. A good place to do this is when you are at character selection.

The source is included so if you don't trust my compiled version you may compile it yourself.

I can now play without lagspikes so I'm very pleased. Thought I'd share this with the rest of the community.

You might need Autoit, I'm not sure. You can download it here http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
I think though it should work without Autoit installed. Tested on Windows 7.

Download here

JMCH's Avatar


JMCH
03.29.2013 , 10:03 PM | #2
Not to say anything about the program because I don't know it, but...

Seriously, can we trust someone who claims to have worked with/for more than 6 companies in 3 years of time? (Microsoft references are really suspect, btw)

Everyone should be warned most of these "optimizers" do nothing to optimize and some even have background keystrokes captures and such very useful side features.

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
03.29.2013 , 11:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSitho View Post
Hello everyone

I know many are struggling with performance problems. I'm happy to announce that this tool might help you alot.
What it does is cleaning the computers memory. It's a known issue that swtor is leaking alot of memory.

This package contains Memory Cleaner by koshyjohn.com and my own personal script written in AutoIT.

My script allows you to clear the computers memory every x second. Memory Cleaner is limited to once every 5minutes.

Settings.ini
Code:
Path  = "C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\KoshyJohn.com\MemClean\MemClean.exe"
Delay = "30000"
You need to change Path to wherever you installed Memory Cleaner. This is my setup.
Delay is set by default 30000ms which is 30 seconds.

You can also right-click on Cleaner icon and select "Set Priority".
This will change swtor.exe priority from Normal to High. A good place to do this is when you are at character selection.

The source is included so if you don't trust my compiled version you may compile it yourself.

I can now play without lagspikes so I'm very pleased. Thought I'd share this with the rest of the community.

You might need Autoit, I'm not sure. You can download it here http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
I think though it should work without Autoit installed. Tested on Windows 7.

Download here
There is a much safer alternative, made by a SW:TOR fan, with approval from Bioware.
SW:TOR Unleashed

The instructions for install are perfectly clear, he includes the links needed for the other software program needed to run it (ImDisk - virtual RAM drive program).
Be sure to read his directions, or it won't do anything for you unless you know how to set it.

I DO NOT endorse the method of the OP. No offense intended to you, OP.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

LordSitho's Avatar


LordSitho
03.30.2013 , 07:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
Not to say anything about the program because I don't know it, but...

Seriously, can we trust someone who claims to have worked with/for more than 6 companies in 3 years of time? (Microsoft references are really suspect, btw)

Everyone should be warned most of these "optimizers" do nothing to optimize and some even have background keystrokes captures and such very useful side features.
Yes, autoit is safe.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
There is a much safer alternative, made by a SW:TOR fan, with approval from Bioware.
SW:TOR Unleashed

The instructions for install are perfectly clear, he includes the links needed for the other software program needed to run it (ImDisk - virtual RAM drive program).
Be sure to read his directions, or it won't do anything for you unless you know how to set it.

I DO NOT endorse the method of the OP. No offense intended to you, OP.
I didn't know about that program. Anyway it's not safer than these tools.

Memory cleaner by koltyjohn is legit and my source is included. So if you don't trust it you may compile it yourself.

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
03.30.2013 , 04:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSitho View Post
I didn't know about that program. Anyway it's not safer than these tools.
I would say a program approved by Bioware is much safer than programs pointed to by some stranger on the forums.


Quote: Originally Posted by LordSitho View Post
Memory cleaner by koltyjohn is legit and my source is included. So if you don't trust it you may compile it yourself.
Just because you say its legit, doesn't make it so. Just because the internet says its legit, also doesn't make it so.
Our posts are not meant as an attack on you, we are merely pointing out that there is already a much better alternative in place, and it has the personal approval of Bioware already. A much more trustworthy and legit source than what you have provided.
While I'm sure this method works fine for you, you'll find many people will not approve of it for varying reasons, the biggest being SW:TOR Unleashed has been around since launch, and is a proven & polished software product.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Gray's Avatar


Gray
03.31.2013 , 08:39 AM | #6
Bloody good boost, now running the game on solid 58-62 FPS while 242 people are in the same instance (Imperial Fleet).

Thanks LordSithlo!
CARNAGE

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
04.01.2013 , 03:03 AM | #7
This has something to do with this Subject, and will probably post about this on My Server forum. But today I had the New Gefoforce Nvidia Experience look up to see if there was a new driver, now I know I shouldn't dl a New Driver the first days or 2 it's out, but I did.

And everything was going fine as I had my 2 Nvidia 680s 2gigs each in SLi, anyway to make this short, for some reason on Fleet I got Lag, which should never happen with a GPU that almost a Thousand dollars each, and have never had problems with my cards with the older driver, Now I also have 16gigs of 1600-2100 RAM. So when I was on a Warzone the lag was so terrible that I couldn't even see where I was going.

Anyway, i'm thinking oh oh, I need to re-roll back to my last driver for my GPU, But everything was ok before, so it has to be the server, I told other ppl about this lag that I should NOT be experiencing at all, and another person had the same problem and for some reason 1 guy didn't.

Memory is a must for this game I would've built it myself if it wasn't for my back, but I got all the parts myself, and It's a RIG, not a normal computer, everything on the game should have been working fine.

Me I dont't trust about any program period, even if it's proven, because i'm not the 1 who made it. SWTOR Dev teams should've known better when they rolled out the game which most of us at least think EA made the game come out before it should have. For me i'll have to look more into this Memory leakage that I thought was gone, but 16gigs should be fine.

If the OPs program works according to what he says, great, but even if it's proven I usually don't even dl stuff.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

LordSitho's Avatar


LordSitho
04.01.2013 , 07:28 AM | #8
I'm not blaming you guys for not testing but keep in mind that the source is included. My source code can't give you virus, just compile it yourself. And to the poster above, yes it works. Here's a little proof.



Quote: Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Bloody good boost, now running the game on solid 58-62 FPS while 242 people are in the same instance (Imperial Fleet).

Thanks LordSithlo!
You're welcome

Flintfire's Avatar


Flintfire
04.01.2013 , 05:01 PM | #9
When I suddenly loose connection to the server and I am kicked off, is that what this would fix?

LordSitho's Avatar


LordSitho
04.01.2013 , 06:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Flintfire View Post
When I suddenly loose connection to the server and I am kicked off, is that what this would fix?
What? It's a memory cleaner.
It has nothing to do with your connection or is the reason you're getting kicked from the server.