Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

unacceptable server wait times

drunkenspy
12.20.2011 , 05:38 PM | #1
Is this going to be fixed any time soon? When I get home from work, I just want to relax by paying for a game I paid for. Server maintenance is one thing, waiting to get into the game because you're rationing it out is completely unacceptable.

I didn't request to be on a server with a wait time, Bioware moved my guild there. Move us to a non-wait time server, I'm sure we'd all be ecstatic about it.

I know there is an existing thread about this somewhere (probably several), but it's difficult to find such thread; I don't even know how to search these features and most posts I find through google are dead links.

GamePwner
12.20.2011 , 05:39 PM | #2
Does anyone else have lag cause I have a brand new computer with the fastest processor: I5 and I have SEVERE lag to the point where when i try to walk all i do is run into a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassell
12.20.2011 , 05:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by drunkenspy View Post
Is this going to be fixed any time soon? When I get home from work, I just want to relax by paying for a game I paid for. Server maintenance is one thing, waiting to get into the game because you're rationing it out is completely unacceptable.

I didn't request to be on a server with a wait time, Bioware moved my guild there. Move us to a non-wait time server, I'm sure we'd all be ecstatic about it.

I know there is an existing thread about this somewhere (probably several), but it's difficult to find such thread; I don't even know how to search these features and most posts I find through google are dead links.
Agreed this is complete BS.

They "take it seriously" but won't do anything to address the problem.

Balboskii
12.20.2011 , 05:42 PM | #4
I am getting disconnected left and right. its unacceptable.
SWTOR Beta Tester

calidor
12.20.2011 , 05:42 PM | #5
I too am pissed that Bioware moved our guild to a server with HUGE Wait queues. DO NOT PLAY ON IRON CITADEL!

I would gladly abandon my guild just to move to a server that is available when I want to play. Either add additional hardware to the servers or allow server moves to low populations servers...UGH!

As for the game, it ROCKS! Love the concept and it is more enjoyable than WoW.

Keep up the great story lines! You guys should direct the Star Wars Movies..at least in the Dialog dept...

THanks again
May the Force be with me...forget you...

Souphtc
12.20.2011 , 05:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by drunkenspy View Post

I hope they offer player transfer off of Fatman soon. I waited three hours last night only to be DCed a few times. I logged in earlier and there was a minimal wait, DCed and now have been waiting in a queue for over an hour. This needs to be addressed.

Zaknafia
12.21.2011 , 06:29 AM | #7
As a 7 year Warcraft veteran I fully expected some issues at launch, but surely not this kind of chaos.

Who in their right mind could utterly fail to appreciate the demand to play a game based on the biggest selling franchise of any product on this planet at any time in its history.

To put it simply I am staggered at the imcompetance on show, I have no idea if the problem stems from Bioware or EA but in each case it is incomprehensible how a game of this potential magnitude can be unleashed in such a manner.

This was in some way demonstrated during the late November Beta phase when only 1 EU English PVE server was made available, I mean seriously *** is that all about ?

I like so many of you guys have spent not an inconsiderable amount of time & cash on this game so far and to get such appalling customer service is simply unnaccpetable.

If they think that all early adopters are willing to pay for this on a monthly basis I suspect they may be in for a suprise, despite my copy costing me 130 I may well not bother to pay for any further subscription time.

EA/Bioware : shame you wasted the greatest opportunity to deliver a truly immense product for gamers & even more shame on you for not even caring.

You won't be getting any further business from myself.

Z.

MylzDavis
12.21.2011 , 06:32 AM | #8
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

i've been playing fine now... no server queues whatsoever...
only having latency issue, but i'll fix that this weekend, gotta knock a hole in a wall here and there

Daisycutting
12.21.2011 , 06:41 AM | #9
Will these queue times all drop when schools back? Coz i aint re rolling to a third LIGHT population realm that now has a wait time of 25-30mins

nathionez
12.21.2011 , 06:43 AM | #10
they've made a mistake by making it so that people who are logged out on the server arnt counted in the server. what they should have done is capped each server with people in it and when it was full make more. it means that people are joing servers that at one time during the day are light or medium and at another full.

i dont think they can seriouly expect loads of people to give up there characters. if your like lvl 4 then its a bit like you could do that in an hour but people who got early access and have like lvl 30+ characters you cant just throw them away.

They should offer free or at least massively discounted server changes for people to change into lighter servers. cause you usually have to pay for this they'd loose money but its their own fault for the server problem. if your in a guild i dont know what they'd do, maybe offer it to people who arnt in a guild first as they have less commitment to the server.