Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Slicing broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Slicing broken?

Toxxo
03.29.2013 , 11:34 AM | #1
Hello all

I send one of my crew (Malavai) to complete the slicing mission "Data Race". It costs's 1425 credits to send him on this mission which supposedly has an 'abundant yeild'. He has 10000 affection - the max. After completing the mission, I open the lockbox to be rewarded with......1249 credits. Surely this can't be right? This is just one instance but it happens all the time! What gives?

Zorash
03.29.2013 , 08:07 PM | #2
Slicing is not broken at all. On average you earn money from just running the lockbox missions without taking into consideration the tradeskill missions it can yield.

Isxossk
03.29.2013 , 08:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxxo View Post
Hello all

I send one of my crew (Malavai) to complete the slicing mission "Data Race". It costs's 1425 credits to send him on this mission which supposedly has an 'abundant yeild'. He has 10000 affection - the max. After completing the mission, I open the lockbox to be rewarded with......1249 credits. Surely this can't be right? This is just one instance but it happens all the time! What gives?
This is accurate and the system isn't broken. On most slicing missions you either get back a little under what you spent or a little over. However, every now and then you will crit and get crafting missions and a much larger payout. There is a post somewhere on slicing that helps you see which missions give the best credit per minute return. Off the top of my head they are Taking back control and Fly on the wall (level 41-48) and Missing probes (level 33-40). Those are the only three missions I run with Slicing and if they aren't available I divert my companions to Underworld Trading missions.
Isxossk - Fugative Spy from SWG (Ahazi)
Former Member of Veterans of Ahazi (VOA)

Lasica
03.30.2013 , 03:03 PM | #4
Overall you make more credits than you spend, especially if you sell the crafting missions on the GTN which can sell for a lot of money if you don't need them yourself.

Lasica
03.30.2013 , 05:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Isxossk View Post
Off the top of my head they are Taking back control and Fly on the wall (level 41-48) and Missing probes (level 33-40).
Hmm just to comment on this. I lose about 400-600 credits every time I run Taking Back Control mission. And that's with my slicing pet.

Holinyx
03.30.2013 , 06:53 PM | #6
I run all the Grade 5 and 6 missions and i'm making a profit. so.../shrug
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Lasica
03.30.2013 , 07:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
I run all the Grade 5 and 6 missions and i'm making a profit. so.../shrug
I may have just been unlucky for a few times. Last 2 times I did it I got 2.3K credits and 6.7K+recipe.

Koyaanisqat
03.30.2013 , 10:47 PM | #8
Two nights ago Mako came back with a 7.1k crit.

So, yeah. It's pretty much luck.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Zorash
03.30.2013 , 11:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
I may have just been unlucky for a few times. Last 2 times I did it I got 2.3K credits and 6.7K+recipe.
I can gaurantee you that the lockbox missions give more money than they cost (on average). I have slicing alts that I only use for slicing missions and I just watch their credits increase slowly over time.

Toxxo
03.31.2013 , 06:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Two nights ago Mako came back with a 7.1k crit.

So, yeah. It's pretty much luck.
I have NEVER had this much from a slicing mission and all my companions have max affection (i've heard this plays a part in crewskills?). I only ever get 1200-2200 and the most I remember yet is 2700. :/