Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Removing F2P endgame = bad business?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Removing F2P endgame = bad business?

Balnazaar
04.19.2013 , 03:40 PM | #41
This is very annoying. Not only for F2P, but subbers too. I loved much of the old level 50 endgame gear, Columi, Tionese and all that, because I LOOKED GREAT! So what if it was not the best gear anymore? I STILL USE WHATEVER I MANAGED TO GET. Its a true shame that all those nice sets had to go into the EA mega-trasher, they could've remade the items easy. And since they are only removed from the VENDORS, the items still exist in the game. I hope they add those old nice items back, at level 50. Would be nice started Endgame Gear, since the games class story end at level 50, dont you think?

jedip_enguin
04.19.2013 , 04:00 PM | #42
What the hell is this guy gibbering about?
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Jeweledleah
04.19.2013 , 04:18 PM | #43
f2p people can still buy flashpoint/ops passes on GTN AND run them. they could continue to run warzones for, I don't know fun >_>

as for gear sets that were removed, I personally think that most of them looked awful, however... some people do like them, so I think they should bring them back as orange shell recipes, purchasable with classic coms - aim/cunning sets for armormechs, force/strength sets for synth, sabers etc for artifice and blasters etc for armstech

and while we're at it, I wouldn't mind it if some of the old now super rare colors were brought back as more than just "RE crystals you managed to hoard prior to patch and if you don't get a recipe, tough noogies"

make the recipes rare drops or make them purchasable with elite commendations, or something like that. because right now they are unattainable for majority of the crafters which encourages price gouging.

feel free to disagree, this is just my personal opinion.

chuixupu
04.19.2013 , 04:21 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDajin View Post
If you have followed the patchnotes from the PTS on 2.0, you may have noticed that with the arrival of level 55, most end-game grinding gear, such as tionese and war hero gear have been removed.
Wait, since when was Tionese ever "end game grinding gear?" That was the cheeseball starter set.

1) you can get Rakata level mods from planetary coms
2) You can buy campaign/Black hole with classic coms, which you get from doing classic dailies and flashpoints.
3) You can get level 53 gear with Basic coms, which you also get from 55 dailies and quests.
4) you get Elite coms from running 55 hard modes which you can use to buy entry level 55 gear.

Quote:
F2P will no longer have an incentive to continue playing warzones at level 50 for example.
Currently, they can buy warzone passes from the GTN and use it to play and grind for better gear.
In 2.0, they have no reason to purchase said passes, as there is nothing to work towards and thus these peope will probably stop purchasing passes and lower the warzone population.
I thought people pvp'd for fun, and the gear was just to help you have an advantage while playing?
Or do people just get the gear and then stop playing them?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Jeweledleah
04.19.2013 , 04:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Wait, since when was Tionese ever "end game grinding gear?" That was the cheeseball starter set.

1) you can get Rakata level mods from planetary coms
3) You can get level 53 gear with Basic coms, which you also get from 55 dailies and quests.
4) you get Elite coms from running 55 hard modes
only if you own rise of the hutt cartel.

Quote:
2) You can buy campaign/Black hole with classic coms, which you get from doing classic dailies and flashpoints.
this however is still available to f2p accounts.

chuixupu
04.19.2013 , 04:29 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
only if you own rise of the hutt cartel.
I thought this was just about F2P people...because that limitation would obviously exist for subscribers who don't buy RotHC as well.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Andryah
04.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDajin View Post
If you have followed the patchnotes from the PTS on 2.0, you may have noticed that with the arrival of level 55, most end-game grinding gear, such as tionese and war hero gear have been removed.

Will this mean the end of some of the advantages F2P has brought this game?

F2P will no longer have an incentive to continue playing warzones at level 50 for example.
Currently, they can buy warzone passes from the GTN and use it to play and grind for better gear.
In 2.0, they have no reason to purchase said passes, as there is nothing to work towards and thus these peope will probably stop purchasing passes and lower the warzone population.

This is seperate from the fact that the new 'Top tier/ranked warzones' are again behind a cash barrier, thus resulting in the very problem of low population, that F2P was supposed to solve.

Is this yet another bad move? Discuss
F2P can purchase and use the ExPac just like subs can. They just have to pay more for it. Buy it... continue on your F2P access plan as before.

You buy the Expac to get Expac access (MMO 101). Then continue to play (sub or F2Pwpasses... your choice).

I really don't see what there is to discuss here.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Xcontentia
04.19.2013 , 05:04 PM | #48
What is there to discuss? They made a product you clearly all use. They want money in return to cover their cost. If you can not understand that simple fact, then i do not know how you survive outside the comfort of these forums. Trolls!

fungihoujo
04.19.2013 , 05:07 PM | #49
If you don't buy an xpac, you don't get access to its features- that's always been a part of mmos.

Jeweledleah
04.19.2013 , 07:30 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I thought this was just about F2P people...because that limitation would obviously exist for subscribers who don't buy RotHC as well.
yes. its was. which is why I pointed out features that you listed that are NOT available to ANYONE who doesn't own Makeb, including f2p accounts OR subscribers. as well as features that are.

black hole/campaign/dreadguard gear. which is still something to work towards if gear acquisition is your thing.

but do try buying anything from makeb vendor with your planetary coms without having expansion attached. you'll have about as much success as trying to buy anything from security key vendor without security key. or CE vendor without having CE. subscription =/=acess to anything that has to do with Makeb. subscribers without makeb can spend their planetary coms on Corellian vendor instead. just like f2p accounts. I'm not sure whether to be amused or flabbergasted at the fact that people STILl don't see the difference between paying subscription, vs buying dlc. one doesn't automatically grant you access to the other. separate purchases, independant from each other.

btw, I'm not complaining about it. I think its fair. I'm just pointing it out.