Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ready Check not usefull for tanks atm

oofalong
03.28.2013 , 09:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sallanna View Post
There are thousands of SW:ToR players of varying degrees of skill. Using the RC function isn't something that should be condemned, even in Flashpoints.

For many, this will be their first MMO, others may appreciate a RC.

And claiming to be a good tank because you haven't played a certain game is laughable. I've personally tanked since early EQ, and have done so on numerous MMOs. Never, have I see anyone get upset over a tank who uses ready checks and keeps a good pace.

On many boss encounters in other games, even in small scale dungeons, ready checks allow DPS and healers to make sure their cooldowns are up. Being able to have all of your tools at your disposal during a fight is invaluable to the success of your group.

You're also giving me that "douche-tank" vibe. Maybe if you let your head deflate you'd be able to see that not everyone agrees with you, nor should they in this case.
Sallanna you raise a number of valid points in your post. You were logical and informative. So why did you end your post with something inflammatory? I feel it will ultimately undermine the good things about your post.

I'm just trying to minimize the hostility one post at a time
The Shadowlands
*Mostly Updated for 3.0* Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
*Updated for 3.0* Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Ryluk_Shouja
03.28.2013 , 02:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
If all tanks get the ability to use ready check in flashpoints, as a healer I want the ability to freeze everyone in place unable to attack until I feel I'm ready for the next pull. What if the tank doesn't ready check? I'd hate to wipe because they didn't ask if I was prepared!
^this.

Ready check is a raid tool. Leave it that way.

Tatami
03.28.2013 , 02:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Cool, excellent idea vote kicking a tank

Enjoy the waiting time of 1h+ for a new one

W
I've vote kicked plenty of tanks. Khem tanked better than they did. Don't consider yourself immune!
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

steave
03.28.2013 , 04:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatami View Post
I've vote kicked plenty of tanks. Khem tanked better than they did. Don't consider yourself immune!
Confirming this. When healing, I often prefer my companion tank over many player tanks since they simply don't know how to tank.

Koyaanisqat
03.28.2013 , 07:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Confirming this. When healing, I often prefer my companion tank over many player tanks since they simply don't know how to tank.
Skadge has campaign Supercommando, what's your tank got? I'm pretty sure I can keep him up against Mentor just as well.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

ubermouth
03.28.2013 , 09:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Cool, excellent idea vote kicking a tank

Enjoy the waiting time of 1h+ for a new one

W
Most groups can clear fp w/o a meat sheild.

TrillOG-
03.29.2013 , 12:51 AM | #27
Hi Im a tank so therefore I must be in control of everything, and be treated special. Just let it go, who cares? You're the first to pull in the first place, and if you're rcing in fp's oh man..,

slafko
03.29.2013 , 01:09 AM | #28
There are thousands of SW:ToR players of varying degrees of skill. Using the RC function isn't something that should be condemned, even in Flashpoints.

For many, this will be their first MMO, others may appreciate a RC.
On the other hand, there are thousands who won't appreciate being probed every few seconds in content they've beaten hundreds of times and can clear it without breaking stride. Constant checks will break that stride and cause unneccessary aggravation. Instead, those new tanks might want to announce their inexperience and have older, more experienced, players show them the ropes.

I've kicked a tank from BoI yesterday when I was playing sentinel. He did not respond to my "does everyone know what do to here" at the start of the flashpoint. Then he did not follow the three of us but rode his speeder thru all the mobs up to the first boss and aggroed something like 30 of them. Wiped us. To my repeated question, he did not say anything again. He wiped us again and only then did he say he hasn't done BoI before. Vote kick, summon Scourge, requeue, clear and get a second human tank by the time we hit the hangar after destroying the consoles. gg

And claiming to be a good tank because you haven't played a certain game is laughable. I've personally tanked since early EQ, and have done so on numerous MMOs. Never, have I see anyone get upset over a tank who uses ready checks and keeps a good pace.
Ready check and good pace in the same sentence? Only if there's a strong negation between them.

As for tanking, it is my firm belief that tanking in a game in which you're literally spoon-fed by a variety of add-ons and macros makes one a bad tank.

You're also giving me that "douche-tank" vibe. Maybe if you let your head deflate you'd be able to see that not everyone agrees with you, nor should they in this case.
My playstyle and thinking processes do not require people agree with me. They usually come to see things my way. Some sooner, some later; depending on their intelectual and cognitive abilities. In regards of your "douch-tank vibe" comment, let me clear it up for you: I'm not in the business of taking ****, especially on my free, pleasure, time. What you call "douche vibe" is actually a healthy attitude towards ***** being thrown at oneself. That said, you'd call me a "douche-healer" when I'm healing.

Stay frosty.
xoxo, slafko

NrDLeipe
03.29.2013 , 03:49 AM | #29
the rc is good for pug ops.
For fps not realy needed for me,most trash packs i can pull without a healer anyway.

i do agree though that tank should have leader or LT, just incase you need to mark a target.
( boarding party last boss, sometimes i need to mark the healing mob, plenty of times that dps start nukeing the main boss with guard up and healer healin him , tunnelvision )
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

Kawabonga
03.29.2013 , 04:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post

My playstyle and thinking processes do not require people agree with me. They usually come to see things my way. Some sooner, some later; depending on their intelectual and cognitive abilities.
While i do agree with you that a tank is quite an idiot if he ready checks before every mob and i would vote kick him sooner or later (that wouldn't happen though because i bother with flashpoints only on my tanks), this bit i quoted invalidates any point you make. I hope you realize this up here come off as incredibly self-centered, arrogant, void of any credibility... Sounds like it's coming out of a 60 year old fascist cab driver :/