Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ready Check not usefull for tanks atm

Wolvereen
03.28.2013 , 02:32 AM | #1
Hey BW, right now i can't use RC as tank when i'm not the leader of the pack^^

When i queue via GF and not get the lead, i always have to "beg" to get the leadership to perform a RC

You should alter it this way, that tanks can perform a RC always, even if they are not the groupleader.

W

PS. in a guild-run, i don't need a RC, because we're on vent - so no need for RC^^
and in a PUG, where a RC could come in handy, it won't work due to restrictions

slafko
03.28.2013 , 03:25 AM | #2
Dear Lord, it's started already. The first tank I see doing a ready check in a flashpoint will get a vote kick. Seriously. Just stick to your task and the group follow you regardless of who was awarded with the "leader" role. You're the tank, for Force's sake, you're the leader of the pack. Leader, not a babysitter.

Wolvereen
03.28.2013 , 03:48 AM | #3
Cool, excellent idea vote kicking a tank

Enjoy the waiting time of 1h+ for a new one

W

slafko
03.28.2013 , 05:53 AM | #4
I'd rather wait for a capable one than be doomed to play with such a bad one.

SWGEvictee
03.28.2013 , 06:25 AM | #5
So you want your tank to just start fights whenever not caring if the group is ready or not?

And you will try to vote kick a tank who does try to make sure all are ready? God I hope I'm never grouped up with you.

Atramar
03.28.2013 , 06:31 AM | #6
Energy check on healer, and you know if you can pull next group. You are a tank, not a midnless dps, you should know how to make judgment call.

RC is more for operations so you are sure that all 8/16 guys are ready to start, not afk, so you don't wipe on a boss fight.

Giving everybody right to RC will be a pain... so would be RC before every single damn trash group in a flashpoint...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

slafko
03.28.2013 , 06:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
So you want your tank to just start fights whenever not caring if the group is ready or not?
And you will try to vote kick a tank who does try to make sure all are ready? God I hope I'm never grouped up with you.
I want my tank to be able to judge the group's readiness on his own, not by some annoying tool that slows the progress down. And yes, I will initiate a vote kick on a tank that keeps abusing this feature and making the run unenjoyable. But that's just crazy old me; thinking that learning to play is far better than being spoon-fed and "progressing" with the speed of a snail.

God I hope you group with me and actually learn something.

Wolvereen
03.28.2013 , 06:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I'd rather wait for a capable one than be doomed to play with such a bad one.
Dear slafko, enlighten us with your unlimited wisdom^^

how do you recognize a "capable one"? you claim, a tank who's doing RCs is a bad tank?

Guess you're the "ogogogogogo!!!oneeleven - we don't break for anybody"-type from WoW!

SWGEvictee
03.28.2013 , 07:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I want my tank to be able to judge the group's readiness on his own, not by some annoying tool that slows the progress down. And yes, I will initiate a vote kick on a tank that keeps abusing this feature and making the run unenjoyable. But that's just crazy old me; thinking that learning to play is far better than being spoon-fed and "progressing" with the speed of a snail.

God I hope you group with me and actually learn something.
All I would learn from you is how to suck all the enjoyment out of a run by racing ahead and vote kicking any who don't meet my ideal of a perfect player.

slafko
03.28.2013 , 08:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Dear slafko, enlighten us with your unlimited wisdom^^
how do you recognize a "capable one"? you claim, a tank who's doing RCs is a bad tank?
Point is - RC is not needed in flashpoints. All it does in flashpoints is giving bad tanks (those who stand in front of each mob for 10 seconds before aggroing) another way (besides standing around doing nothing) to annoy the rest of the team.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Guess you're the "ogogogogogo!!!oneeleven - we don't break for anybody"-type from WoW!
I'm a good tank *because* I didn't come from WoW, my dear sir.

Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
All I would learn from you is how to suck all the enjoyment out of a run by racing ahead and vote kicking any who don't meet my ideal of a perfect player.
TBH, you wouldn't learn anything. But not because I don't have anything to teach you.