Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planets That Need To Be Added

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars
03.27.2013 , 05:57 PM | #12
Mhm. I think we could actually make this work.

Geonosis would be a great PVP World, so they could add that.

They could do just about anything with Kamino and have it stay in canon, because nothing was ever mentioned about Kamino before the clone wars. It would be sweet to see it have islands-- instead of it all being flooded like it is in the clone wars. Maybe the islands contain resources that both sides would want.

Kashyyyk would be an amazing world. Maybe the Empire is using Wookies as slaves and the Republic comes and attempts to liberate them. Idk.

I also personally would love to see Mustafar. Ideas on this? I was thinking it could be mineral rich (or something along those lines) and both sides fight for it.

Also, I agree that they should have Space Stations like Peragus. I mean, that's genius. Maybe it is a fairly large yet abandoned one, so both the Empire and Republic are fighting for it- though that seems more like a flashpoint.

Anyways, all of these are greats ideas.

SW:TOR has a LOT to expand on, so I'm sure they may all be added eventually. Any other good ideas for some planets?
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

Brittaany_Banks
03.27.2013 , 06:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sir_star_wars View Post
I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk
Naboo
Kamino
Geonosis
Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
NO! I'm tired of episode 1-6 BS. Give me new things. Give me planets I have not played in the other video games, or seen in the movies. Episode 1-6 are done. Its about time to give us more planets from the EU.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Axe_Faktor
03.27.2013 , 07:19 PM | #14
Oh god I'm loving this thread so I want to react to a ton of you in one big post:

Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
I'd even go with the obvious just from the KOTOR games...

Dantooine (duh?)
Onderon/Dxun
Telos
Manaan
Love the idea of Onderon/Dxun! We already have a moon/planet combo with Hutta and Nar Shadaa and I think it would be sweet to have another one. Given the apparently small size of the expansion packs, I'd think they could make one based on those two worlds. "Return of the Beasts" or some such nonsense.

I get why Dantooine would be an obvious choice, but in terms of interesting planets, it's pretty low on my list. We already have Hoth (a big ice ball) and Tattooine (a big desert), and I don't see a big field being that much more interesting than those two.

Next!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bastila-chan View Post
Yes, definetely. But you must be aware that Naboo in the old republic isn't like the one in the movies. I think this is around the time of the settling process. But mostly it's a jungle with gungans.

Kashyyk would be awesome of course, wookies are an old species so that one would definetely fit in the old republic. You would have like the upper level in the trees, and then the lower level, which would be full of dangers.
I like your attention to canon!

Also, I think for a planet story on Kashyyyk it would be neat to have the wookies in a state of civil war generated by imperial and republic agents trying to gain influence on the world. While technically neutral, the war would very much be alive on Kashyyyk. Similar to the Voss story I guess. If they did this planet, it should be much more vertical in design than past planets have been.

Next!
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Yavin IV.
Yes. So much force and dark side stuff going on here, and all those big temples to explore. Could easily do some tie in with the whole Exar Kun story, Massassi, etc.

Next!
Quote: Originally Posted by sir_star_wars View Post
Geonosis would be a great PVP World, so they could add that.
Yup. Either a warzone in a Geonosis coliseum with rotating game modes (TDM, Hardpoint, King of the Hill, etc.) Or a planet similar to Ilum's original intent where half of it is Daily oriented and the other half is Open World PvP except with actual rewards this time. Geonosians are already in the game on Tattooine, so this one should really be a no brainer.

Next!
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
NO! I'm tired of episode 1-6 BS. Give me new things. Give me planets I have not played in the other video games, or seen in the movies. Episode 1-6 are done. Its about time to give us more planets from the EU.
In spite of everything I've said above, yes I agree with this most of all. There are particularly lots of quality planets in the EU that could make great additions to the story. Particularly, I'd like to see planets included that could bring new playable races with them. Falleen, Kiffu/Kiffex, Shili.

And finally, I'd add Boz Pity. A graveyard planet. Current canon says it is untouched by most conflicts up until the New Sith Empire and the Clone Wars, but how hard could that be to overwrite. I liked the whole "scary" vibe of Rise of the Rakghouls, and I think it would be cool to add some more of the fright factor to the game
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

DarthDrachonus
03.27.2013 , 08:01 PM | #15
Dantooine
Manaan
Telos
Pretty much anywhere Revan and Meetra visited. Maybe Mandalore, the Malachor planets system...the Five Brothers, I'd like to see all of these..but I think it's time to leave the planets from 1-6 alone for a bit.
The Most Interesting Sith in the Galaxy!

sir_star_wars
03.27.2013 , 10:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDrachonus View Post
Dantooine
Manaan
Telos
Pretty much anywhere Revan and Meetra visited. Maybe Mandalore, the Malachor planets system...the Five Brothers, I'd like to see all of these..but I think it's time to leave the planets from 1-6 alone for a bit.
Meh. I still would really love to see Kashyyyk and Kamino in this game. Those are the only two I am willing to "die for."

SalBasss
03.28.2013 , 08:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
I guess Voss, Quesh, Denova, Asation, Belsavis, and Makeb were not enough?
Shadowlands

sir_star_wars
03.28.2013 , 09:33 AM | #18

Exactly. There is still more to come-- but wouldnt it be exiting to pull in some old planets, while at the same time have those planets that we have all come to love thrown in there.

Also, they should make the expansion packs slightly larger. Js.

Axe_Faktor
03.29.2013 , 08:34 AM | #19
I think the point isn't that they haven't done any, but just that the galaxy is so huge and SWTOR is a perfect opportunity to explore parts of it we haven't seen yet. Remember too that of the six you mentioned, two are WZ/Operation exclusive and one is Quesh, which is pretty meh.
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Coldjaguar
03.29.2013 , 07:01 PM | #20
Even if some Say 1 to 6 let it be, i would live to get Yavin moon, when the rebellion is setup on the old temple.

dagoba would be good too, did not get alot except the place where Yoda hid himself from the emperor.

beside that, every location raven did go is a great idea.
Its Star Wars.