Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Marr and Makeb

DarkIntelligence
03.27.2013 , 10:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Gotta say I was very impressed with the Darth Marr character, enough that I googled him and read up about him
You are such a tease! I really had to restrain myself from looking at those videos! BTW let me just say thanks for all the hard work you do at dulfy.net, it's an enormously valuable resource! Hope to run into you on another thread again.
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________

Zaxem
03.27.2013 , 10:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIntelligence View Post
You are such a tease! I really had to restrain myself from looking at those videos! BTW let me just say thanks for all the hard work you do at dulfy.net, it's an enormously valuable resource! Hope to run into you on another thread again.
lol i tried but i had to watch the last 1 with darth marr at least couldn't wait
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Akilus
03.27.2013 , 10:51 PM | #13
I'm glad that they are leading the spotlight over to Darth Marr, he seems very menacing.

Airmo
03.28.2013 , 02:05 AM | #14
I always liked Marr, always took him as the most reasonable sith in the room. He didn't immediately want to kill my SW when I barged into the council chamber for Baras. And for a long time we had a similar taste in headgear.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Beherit
03.28.2013 , 02:55 AM | #15
Darth marr 2013! Yes we can!

sithgreyguard
03.28.2013 , 03:06 AM | #16
I am starting to wonder if hes related to Visas Marr.

Callaron
03.28.2013 , 03:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Gotta say I was very impressed with the Darth Marr character, enough that I googled him and read up about him
Spoiler

I think I'll do the same and finally find out whether he's related to Visas Marr or not.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Alec_Fortescue
03.28.2013 , 04:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KaleTogras View Post
They changed his voice now, it doesn't have that kick-*** reverb anymore ...

Still, the fact that this guy is in firm command of things now instead of a Dark Council consisting entirely of Snidley Whiplashes, Dick Dastardleys and Darth Getskilledoffscreenersons makes me...well, actually hopeful for the Empire .

So iron your best sleeveless vest Sateele, me and Marr are taking you out .
Yeah, I am absolutely pissed. I watched some cut-scenes with Marr, enough not to spoil anything, and he does sound quite different... Why?! They better bring the old voice back for the next dlc.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

_biddan_
03.28.2013 , 06:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Yeah, I am absolutely pissed. I watched some cut-scenes with Marr, enough not to spoil anything, and he does sound quite different... Why?! They better bring the old voice back for the next dlc.
it's most likely the same voice actor,maybe the fact that the empire is on the verge of loosing made him wiser and calmerm,that's why he sounds different.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

KaleTogras
03.28.2013 , 07:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
it's most likely the same voice actor,maybe the fact that the empire is on the verge of loosing made him wiser and calmerm,that's why he sounds different.
Two reasons, IMO:

1) At the very end, when he's speaking on his bridge, he has the same speaking voice as he did previously, because of ambient acoustics.

2) The voice actor or his voice director...just weren't very good . Oh, Marr's VA sells the s**t out of short bursts of laconic intimidation, like he does on Voidstar or for the Sith inquisitor, but here, when he has to maintain a prolonged conversation, you can hear unnatural pauses, the emphasys being put prematurely in sentances, elements of delivery that sound flat, rather than nonplused etc. But looking through the entirety of the campaign I could see that the voice acting in general was on a level half a step below that of the original .