Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PTS Closing? What happened to Merc/Mando changes Eric Musco??????
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Philastra
03.25.2013 , 03:57 PM | #21
LIKE the changes cant wait to see them in action. To bad we didn't to get to test it.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Jherad
03.25.2013 , 04:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Betting is closed. I'll call these changes NOT even a backhanded negative, though I can't say they'll make us ranked viable.
You're WAY more positive than I am about this.

The entire point was to make us ranked viable. This won't even come CLOSE to that - we're going to be so far behind snipers as RDPS it's not even funny. And we'll likely see nothing more for a long time to come.

Game over man, game over.

Get your alts ready
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

WahineKoa
03.25.2013 , 04:07 PM | #23
AAAAAWEEEEESOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE!

It`s a Good day to be a trooper!

Thank You Bioware =)

Daemonson
03.25.2013 , 04:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task.

The following changes are going out in 2.0 and won't be making it onto PTS.

Bounty Hunter
Mercenary
-Electro Net: This ability now applies its effects instantly instead of waiting for a projectile to finish traveling.

Arsenal:
-Tracer Missile: The Heat Signature applied by Tracer Missile now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Heat Signature effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.
-Heatseeker Missiles: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Heat Signature. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Heat Signature effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Tracer Missile.
-Light 'Em Up: No longer affects Heat Signatures applied by Tracer Missile.

Trooper
Commando
-Electro Net: This ability now applies its effects instantly instead of waiting for a projectile to finish traveling.

Gunnery:
-Grav Round: The Gravity Vortex applied by Grav Round now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Gravity Vortex effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.
-Demolition Round: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Gravity Vortex. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Gravity Vortex effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Grav Round.
-Gravity Surge: No longer affects Gravity Vortices applied by Grav Round.
Here is a question, will that 25% damage boost to HSM be in addition to the current buff we get, or just the same thing. Because if it is the same thing we have now this essentially does absolutely nothing for arsenal/gunnery

WahineKoa
03.25.2013 , 04:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemonson View Post
Here is a question, will that 25% damage boost to HSM be in addition to the current buff we get, or just the same thing. Because if it is the same thing we have now this essentially does absolutely nothing for arsenal/gunnery
They say "additional" damage, so it means on top of the current buff.

I mean, im loving the changes!
- It`s an Awesome day to be a Trooper!

Glower
03.25.2013 , 04:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task.

The following changes are going out in 2.0 and won't be making it onto PTS.

Bounty Hunter
Mercenary

Arsenal:
-Tracer Missile: The Heat Signature applied by Tracer Missile now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Heat Signature effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.
-Heatseeker Missiles: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Heat Signature. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Heat Signature effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Tracer Missile.
-Light 'Em Up: No longer affects Heat Signatures applied by Tracer Missile.

Trooper
Commando

Gunnery:
-Grav Round: The Gravity Vortex applied by Grav Round now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Gravity Vortex effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.
-Demolition Round: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Gravity Vortex. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Gravity Vortex effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Grav Round.
-Gravity Surge: No longer affects Gravity Vortices applied by Grav Round.
Pure BS... /sadpanda
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyĺd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Jherad
03.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #27
It looks like it is replacing. Currently Demo round receives 5% extra damage per grav vortex, up to 5 stacks (25%). This will be replacd with a flat 25% for one vortex (no stacking).

So a buff in that it reaches max damage quicker, but no extra damage in total.

Quote: Originally Posted by WahineKoa View Post
They say "additional" damage, so it means on top of the current buff.
No.
Youtube / Twitch

ArchangelLBC
03.25.2013 , 04:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
You're WAY more positive than I am about this.

The entire point was to make us ranked viable. This won't even come CLOSE to that - we're going to be so far behind snipers as RDPS it's not even funny. And we'll likely see nothing more for a long time to come.

Game over man, game over.

Get your alts ready
Like I said, I'm calling this a win that it wasn't basically just a nerf in disguise. There is no way I can look at this that makes it a nerf. Partial burst in PVP is better (full armor debuff plus fully buffed DR with only one cast of GR) and a little more unpredictable, and like I said this is a nice small QoL buff in PVE.

Take what we can get and run imo after looking at what they did to Assault. I mean holy crap that was bad.

Except a burst phase doesn't require 3 full casts of TM to get off a fully buffed HSM along with the armor debuff on the boss for the rest of your raid.

It's a very small QoL improvement, and it's not a nerf. Lets count ourselves lucky and resign to continuing to not being ranked viable imo.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
03.25.2013 , 04:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Like I said, I'm calling this a win that it wasn't basically just a nerf in disguise. There is no way I can look at this that makes it a nerf. Partial burst in PVP is better (full armor debuff plus fully buffed DR with only one cast of GR) and a little more unpredictable, and like I said this is a nice small QoL buff in PVE.

Take what we can get and run imo after looking at what they did to Assault. I mean holy crap that was bad.
Yeah, I was holding out for being in a better place vs other classes in high end pvp than we are on live. I don't believe that has happened. At all.

In that respect, this has been a complete and utter failure.
Youtube / Twitch

ArchangelLBC
03.25.2013 , 04:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, I was holding out for being in a better place vs other classes in high end pvp than we are on live. I don't believe that has happened. At all.

In that respect, this has been a complete and utter failure.
Well sure, but there's failures like what gunnery faced, and failures like what assault faced. One of those is bigger failure than the other.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd