Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Immortality, Can It Be Achieved?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Character Immortality, Can It Be Achieved?

Berronaxftw
03.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #1
As the title says.

We know the emperor is supposedly immortal, but the way he achieved it was.. let's just say he won't be winning any humanitarian awards..

That is one way to achieve immortality.. but in the infinite wonders of the galaxy there must surely be other ways to achieve this ultimate power.

I don't know much about lore.. or rituals and what not.. only about the one ritual
Spoiler
but i don't know if that one ritual alone would be enough for you to achieve immortality

DarthGile
03.25.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
But at what cost?

Lord Scourge is very direct when he expresses what he misses and what he regrets after the Emperor gave him immortality.

He can't feel... not just emotions, but he can't feel sunlight hitting his skin, or the smell of something pleasant. He sacrificed everything that makes life... life. Ironic. Sure, there may be less costly methods.. but I'm sure they don't come without consequences.

Berronaxftw
03.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #3
Very true.. however me personaly.. i would do anythong for immortality

bohleyc
03.25.2013 , 03:05 PM | #4
I Hope they can give Sith inquisitors this ability in the future but it would be a thing you will have to work for by going on a quest for spirits that will be vary limited in open world so not every si can achieve it.

YoshiRaphElan
03.25.2013 , 03:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bohleyc View Post
I Hope they can give Sith inquisitors this ability in the future but it would be a thing you will have to work for by going on a quest for spirits that will be vary limited in open world so not every si can achieve it.
How would you even notice it? It keeps you from dying from old age. You can still be killed. The game won't go on that long.

Berronaxftw
03.25.2013 , 03:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bohleyc View Post
yeah but it shouldnt be inquisitors only. anybody force sensitive should be able to do it

Zardac_the_Great
03.26.2013 , 12:36 AM | #7
Well...then you potentially have a problem where you have eternal characters in a Star Wars storyline. They would have shown up in later books/movies/whatnot, but didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, physical immortality is overrated and would be very bogus.

Berronaxftw
03.26.2013 , 12:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
Well...then you potentially have a problem where you have eternal characters in a Star Wars storyline. They would have shown up in later books/movies/whatnot, but didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, physical immortality is overrated and would be very bogus.
Well my idea for that is, my character goes into hiding for 4000 years.. or gets frozen in carbonite stasis.. either 1 of those would work.. and HEY PRESTO! i come back after the movie saga.

Zardac_the_Great
03.26.2013 , 07:33 PM | #9
Into hiding. For 4,000 years?

Yeah, I don't think so. Especially as the galaxy starts coming down around their ears.

Carbonite...meh. I suppose it could happen, but what a boring twist to the story. I'm not sure about all the implications of being frozen in carbonite, but it seems that in the old republic it was a viable thing to do, but I seem to recall Han Solo being frozen. They weren't sure he would survive, and his block had all sorts of readouts and gadgets on it. Better hope that the ones responsible for keeping you alive for four millenia don't break down.

Oxades
03.27.2013 , 08:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Well my idea for that is, my character goes into hiding for 4000 years.. or gets frozen in carbonite stasis.. either 1 of those would work.. and HEY PRESTO! i come back after the movie saga.
If you are immortal I guess a little 4,000 year nap isnít to long.