Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

SilentKitty
03.29.2013 , 08:29 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by blindxsecrets View Post
Signed. I also really like this idea and hope this is how it's implemented. But I really hope for class stories to be continued, or at the very least...companion conversations?
Jupp. If we cannot have class specific stories at least let our companions talk to us. That will give each class something special to look forward to. Otherwise one you have done your avengers-arc you have seen it all pretty much.

*keeping fingers crossed for something with companions in the future*

Mellina
03.29.2013 , 10:40 AM | #72
Also signed. I was really against this game being an MMO. I wasn't even going to buy it. But during the holidays last year, Amazon had it for $5, so I bought it. Once I got to experience the game and the great individual class stories I loved it. If they are not planning on expanding the class stories, then they are taking away the best part of this game. That's one of the main reasons I play a game; it has to tell a good story.

DarthGile
03.29.2013 , 11:27 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Mellina View Post
Also signed. I was really against this game being an MMO. I wasn't even going to buy it. But during the holidays last year, Amazon had it for $5, so I bought it. Once I got to experience the game and the great individual class stories I loved it. If they are not planning on expanding the class stories, then they are taking away the best part of this game. That's one of the main reasons I play a game; it has to tell a good story.
$5? Dang.. Spent $150 on this game almost 2 years ago (July 2011)... I feel like a sucker. Oh well lol.

Class stories really are amazing. I hope they'll do something, but who knows. Class stories were probably the most development intensive aspects of this game. Shared world arcs are the future, folks. Look on the bright side. Even though it's Bioware's excuse that class stories were a way to establish your character's significance in the Galaxy and that future stories would be in greater scale (galaxy-wide) instead of personal .. it does make sense. All of the classes hit their proverbial ceilings when it comes to their careers/standings.

FuryoftheStars
03.29.2013 , 12:04 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
$5? Dang.. Spent $150 on this game almost 2 years ago (July 2011)... I feel like a sucker. Oh well lol.

Class stories really are amazing. I hope they'll do something, but who knows. Class stories were probably the most development intensive aspects of this game. Shared world arcs are the future, folks. Look on the bright side. Even though it's Bioware's excuse that class stories were a way to establish your character's significance in the Galaxy and that future stories would be in greater scale (galaxy-wide) instead of personal .. it does make sense. All of the classes hit their proverbial ceilings when it comes to their careers/standings.

Entirely true... however, they could've still put a class specific spin onto some of them as well. After all, a Trooper is most likely to handle the same situation differently then say a Smuggler or Imperial Agent.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

revial
03.29.2013 , 12:16 PM | #75
I'd love to see class stories continue, but I think it's important to be realistic about this. The dev team seems to put far more effort into the Cartel Market (just look at the last umpteen patch notes and what percent of them deals with the market), than content for the game.

Combined with a reduced staff, and a largely transient freebie population that has no long term investment in the game going through the revolving doors, and I imagine it'd be an incredibly tough sell to the suits at EA by the devs of this game to put resources into continuing the class stories.

Sometimes it's picking your battles that gets you nice things, and this just doesn't seem like a winnable one.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

Jemfisto
03.29.2013 , 05:00 PM | #76
I just hope they release flashpoints to complete the main storylines of the game. What happened to Revan? What about Kreia, appearing as the dark side entity in the Sith Warrior story?

CommanderKool
03.29.2013 , 05:27 PM | #77
Signed

SwiftyDragon
03.30.2013 , 01:06 PM | #78
Signed. The class story is the thing that sets this game apart from other MMOs.
------------------------------------------"Want Blizz to zap bad guys?"------------------------------------------

Brenfield
03.30.2013 , 05:50 PM | #79
as much as i'd like to see more class story, i doubt a petition will influence much

Wonkadude
03.30.2013 , 06:16 PM | #80
/signed

Whats the point of alts if the class story only goes so far!? may as well just level them to 50, finish class quests and reroll