Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

unluckyperson
04.10.2013 , 05:56 PM | #31
So I've been doing some testing with levels 50,51,52,53, and 55 tanks.

The equation I've been able to come up with for Defense is the following:

Defense Chance = bonuses + 30*[1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^{(Defense Rating/Level)/(Level*0.13-5.95)}]

Or here for a clearer representation.

For Shield and Absorb I've been getting discrepancies in the Coefficient that multiplies against the level, at 55 the coefficients that are next to the level are 0.78 and 0.65 respectively but I don't have enough data to put together the formulae because there are discrepancies I can't make up for, which is either a data problem or points to I have the wrong equations.

Isolde
04.11.2013 , 07:25 AM | #32
Thanks for all the effort you guys have put in so far!

Is there any way now of knowing what the amount of points we should be putting into the various stats now? My math is hopeless so if anyone could spell it out that would be fantastic. (i.e pre 2.0 crit was 350, surge 300 etc)

LetoAtreidesII
04.11.2013 , 02:45 PM | #33
So, I remember on the PTS forums, people were saying that crit had become a worthless stat because of the harsh DR curves, even after they buffed it a little. That is to say, it was always worth it to take power instead. Is this still the case?

IInox
04.13.2013 , 04:01 AM | #34
I tried to see if the crit formula gives me the same numbers I see in game and it's correct, (just 3 points at 55), are correct too the crit former main stat?

About how much crit to stack, as shadow infiltration (so all about crit surge and power) I'm so dubious cause I need crit chance, since I have +50% crit to project and force breach (and 30% to shadow strike) but with new formula to stack it it's hard and it doesn't give a good efficiency: it seems the crit cap can be around 27/28%..(I didn't have calculations) with 450+ crit rating needed.. So what do you think about?

Surge around 78%.

For augments I think I will stack power.
[Shadow Infiltration] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
All 3 Shadow/Assassin Spec Compendiums

Infiltration Shadow: Easy to learn, Hard to master, Impossible to compete. (cit.)

XscottguyX
04.14.2013 , 10:49 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Those persons would be me and a guild mate. We're currently working on improving it while adding the new formulae which are found here. There is a lot of work from us to come in the near future.
And as far as I've been able to see, if you have the 9% buff to your stats then mainstat's the way to go, but if not then power it is. (that's a very general statement that has NOT been extensively tested)
Are you able to link this program?
Scottguy/Scottgirl/Scottchap/Scottbroad/Scottbloke/Scottdude/Scottlady
REGULATORS - GM
Scottfeller
Overlord

notalltogether
04.15.2013 , 03:53 PM | #36
standard health appears to be 2686.

i am using standard formulas for abilities and i got the same number on 2 abilities after all modifiers. this isn't sound fact as several other abilities i could not get to line up but in most cases the formulas i have suggested that those abilities were supposed to be way more powerful, so it's possible those abilities were retuned (both are spec specific abilities) with the talent trees and the current formulas are not actually known.

odawgg
04.15.2013 , 06:14 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by notalltogether View Post
standard health appears to be 2686.

i am using standard formulas for abilities and i got the same number on 2 abilities after all modifiers. this isn't sound fact as several other abilities i could not get to line up but in most cases the formulas i have suggested that those abilities were supposed to be way more powerful, so it's possible those abilities were retuned (both are spec specific abilities) with the talent trees and the current formulas are not actually known.
I concur, I think it's actually 2685, I've only tested with Tracer Missile ability so far, but that number works for me

notalltogether
04.16.2013 , 08:39 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
I concur, I think it's actually 2685, I've only tested with Tracer Missile ability so far, but that number works for me
yes i see the 2685, I have compared against several more abilities enough to narrow it down.

ML_DoubleTap
04.30.2013 , 01:46 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Those persons would be me and a guild mate. We're currently working on improving it while adding the new formulae which are found here. There is a lot of work from us to come in the near future.
And as far as I've been able to see, if you have the 9% buff to your stats then mainstat's the way to go, but if not then power it is. (that's a very general statement that has NOT been extensively tested)
Maybe you(or someone) can resolve an question I've had when working to figure out the best option between main stat and power augs...

Doesn't the Knight buff(+5% Bonus Healing/Damage) improve the value of mainstat as well? Since the buff doesn't boost 'power' but instead Bonus Healing/Damage, the portion of those values that comes from main stat would be boosted as well correct? So, we're not only getting the 5% from Consular buff, but a 5% boost on the mainstat portion of bonus healing/damage as well. From what I've calculated, the easy answer on main vs power is to always say main stat. Only for very low levels of crit/surge(from skills/bonuses) and no mainstat boost does power ever win from my findings. And, when it does it's by a very tiny margin, so the easy answer, is go for mainstat.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

odawgg
04.30.2013 , 02:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
Maybe you(or someone) can resolve an question I've had when working to figure out the best option between main stat and power augs...

Doesn't the Knight buff(+5% Bonus Healing/Damage) improve the value of mainstat as well? Since the buff doesn't boost 'power' but instead Bonus Healing/Damage, the portion of those values that comes from main stat would be boosted as well correct? So, we're not only getting the 5% from Consular buff, but a 5% boost on the mainstat portion of bonus healing/damage as well. From what I've calculated, the easy answer on main vs power is to always say main stat. Only for very low levels of crit/surge(from skills/bonuses) and no mainstat boost does power ever win from my findings. And, when it does it's by a very tiny margin, so the easy answer, is go for mainstat.
I know you asked dragon but I thought I'd chime in. Yes the buff will improve bonus damage for both mainstat and power. And you're spot on, go mainstat augs.