Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions disapperaring

DarthAliCat
03.24.2013 , 10:12 PM | #1
I've opened several tickets ingame about this, but they get closed with no resolution!

Account wide I have an issue with my companions. They'll be with me one moment, then gone the next. I have to go through the motions of actually dismissing them and then summoning them back. Last time this happened earlier tonight in a span of 30 minutes, I had to do this at least 10 times!

This glitch makes it very hard to play the game to be quite honest. I would like some sort of reply to help me try to fix this!

DarthAliCat
03.25.2013 , 09:27 PM | #2
Just to update. It's still going on to the point that I actually spend more time summoning the companion back than I do playing the game!

Ilhares
03.25.2013 , 09:49 PM | #3
I can verify this problem, and insofar as I can tell it's caused by a number of specific quest dialogs. There may be other glitches that make it happen periodically, but there are some quest givers/conversations (usually planetary story quests rather than class story) where once the convo is over, your companion is broken. The only way for the player to correct the issue is to terminate the game client and reload/reconnect. It's been around since launch and it's rather a pain in the arse, because often times after doing this, the next convo with the same quest giver winds up breaking you again.

DarthAliCat
03.26.2013 , 06:08 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilhares View Post
I can verify this problem, and insofar as I can tell it's caused by a number of specific quest dialogs. There may be other glitches that make it happen periodically, but there are some quest givers/conversations (usually planetary story quests rather than class story) where once the convo is over, your companion is broken. The only way for the player to correct the issue is to terminate the game client and reload/reconnect. It's been around since launch and it's rather a pain in the arse, because often times after doing this, the next convo with the same quest giver winds up breaking you again.
It's not always when there's a convo though! Sometimes I'm just running to my next quest and the next thing I know my companion is gone!

FSUJL
03.26.2013 , 06:10 AM | #5
same here on one of my alts the window is not there I keep having to press n

Warloque
03.26.2013 , 06:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAliCat View Post
It's not always when there's a convo though! Sometimes I'm just running to my next quest and the next thing I know my companion is gone!

I noticed this too seems they are falling under the floor based on where the mobs are looking.

Roalmo
03.26.2013 , 06:19 AM | #7
What server or servers is this happening on?

Warloque
03.26.2013 , 06:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
What server or servers is this happening on?
I play on Shadowlands

DarthAliCat
03.26.2013 , 06:51 AM | #9
I play on Shadowlands also.

Jrmngndr
03.26.2013 , 07:18 AM | #10
I've had a similar problem for a long while. Not much like a disappearing one though, more of a not respawning problem. While doing planetary contents and dailies with a group, most companions start not summoning after the usage of a speeder/rocket boost and are to be manually summoned. It gets fixed upon disbanding the group and reforming it. Just wanted to add.

p.s. Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU player here.
Drakeld | Malygris | Jormungandr
The Tchazzar Legacy