Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem Val stops attacking during Backlash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Khem Val stops attacking during Backlash

03.24.2013 , 02:24 PM | #1
I have put talent points into Backlash, where nearby enemies are blinded for three seconds when Static Barrier ends, but I have noticed that every time the enemies are blinded, Khem Val stops attacking. If it's just one enemy, he just stands there and waits for the enemy to resume attacking him. If it's multiple enemies, he will immediately switch to a non-blinded enemy. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this the intended behavior, or am I doing something wrong? It really lowers the value of the ability in my opinion.

03.24.2013 , 02:30 PM | #2
You do know that "blinding" effect ends prematurely if the target is damaged at all?
So there would be really no point to this ability if he didnt stop attacking.

03.24.2013 , 03:49 PM | #3
The talent specifically says "This effect does not break on damage", and I am able to attack the enemy without breaking the effect.

03.24.2013 , 10:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
You do know that "blinding" effect ends prematurely if the target is damaged at all?
So there would be really no point to this ability if he didnt stop attacking.
The blindness from this talent last for the full 3 secs and does not break on damage.

The reason why he stops attacking is because companions will not use direct attacks on a CC target and the blind is technically a CC. How ever it is still a great talent to have for soloing and well as keeping a bubble up on the tank in a FP.
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.

03.25.2013 , 12:46 PM | #5
Also worth noting that you can order him to attack a blinded target yourself and he will do so. Companions will generally ignore CC'd targets but can be forced to attack them by you.

03.25.2013 , 07:16 PM | #6
Oddly enough Khem seems to attack enemies that are CC'ed with other unbreakable effects, such as Electrocute, which makes me inclined to consider this a bug. It should be uniform across all unbreakable CC effects as to whether or not your companion will attack them on their own.

03.26.2013 , 07:17 AM | #7
companions are retarded, get used to it, its better that he doesnt attack CC'd enemies at all than attacking them all because often you cc targets and want them to stay CC'd for as long as possible or until you are ready, i guess the designers made some negative effects stop companions attacknig and some not, and blinded is one that makes them stop. for example is there blind skills that DO break on damage? because i am very inclined to believe that they would jsut make companions react differant ways to differant afflictions not tailor behaviour to every incapasitating effect in the game as it would take them longer...

just an oppinion

03.26.2013 , 10:57 AM | #8
Backlash used to break on damage. They changed this, but I guess khem didn't read the patch notes