Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing all classes takes too much time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Playing all classes takes too much time

Skodan
03.23.2013 , 09:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryat View Post
Or better yet, legacy options that can give you increases to your XP. Then have them stack on with this double xp event.
if only we had this option in game already, and if only they stacked with double xp weekends
... oh wait, we already do
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

mithrelkhaar
03.23.2013 , 10:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
I have a gunslinger I'm playing only during these weekend events, because I can't stand anything but class quests. To the Op's point, some kind of permanent boosting mechanism would be welcome once RotHC drops.
they have that, its called legacy xp boosts, you can boost xp in all areas by 30% through the unlocks, they can be purchased for credits, or Cartel coins if you would rather.

they stack with the double xp from the weekends, so ya its already available. anything more would be compromising the leveling experience making it too fast.

making the leveling experience too fast is never a good option, as what you consider to be too slow, could be just right to someone else

Khevar
03.23.2013 , 08:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanWhiteWolf View Post
Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?
All teasing aside, when the 200% weekends go away, and you're back to the regular leveling, here's what I've done:

1. Buy the legacy XP perks.
2. Buy a stack of XP boosts off of the GTN and keep them on all all times.
3. Do your class quests, and pick up side quests along the way.
4. By picking up the side quests, you can sometimes end up completing them at the same time as the class quests -- the "kill x mobs" can be in the same area.
5. Don't go out of your way to do any side quests you've seen before.
6. Once you've reached the end of the class quest on a planet, if your level is too low you can:

a. Enter a couple of PvP matches, or
b. Do some space missions that are yellow or orange, or
c. Run the bonus series for the planet you just finished.

Unless you are a rabid completionist, it is unlikely you've done every bonus series for every planet on your first toon.

Following the above, even without the double XP, I can level my toons without having to redo stuff I've seen before. I've got 8 level 50s and am working on my 9th.

Oh, and if you alternate between Republic and Imperial, that helps as well.

thizeh
03.24.2013 , 07:28 AM | #14
"Playing all classes takes to much time"

Then don't.

oakamp
03.24.2013 , 07:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanWhiteWolf View Post
Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?
i dont think bw will read this forum or suggestion forum,
many times i posted about let alts can level only do their class story but bw ignore that.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Helig
03.25.2013 , 08:21 AM | #16
MMOs have time sinks.

More breaking news: Sith Assassins have stealth!
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

sumuji
03.25.2013 , 09:09 AM | #17
I play tanks and healers for the simple reason of getting into flashpoints faster...and because I enjoy playing the roles. I tried to stick with DPS but I prefer fhalshpoints and wz over running though a quest grind and I don't like long que times.

I have the 3 tanks and a op healer @50 on the Emp side and I have a Scoundrel healer and a Shadow tank on the Pub side I'm focusing on for the double XP(lvl 30 and 42). I find I already have too much to do so I might stop there. I can't hope to run everything through even the daily hardmode every day as it is. I'm already goign to have to pick a few to focus on and leave the rest for maybe when the expansion has been out a while and I can share some mods.

Atramar
03.25.2013 , 09:21 AM | #18
Couldn't agree less.
I have 6 50s, 4 40+ and 2 under 40.
countless of alts deleted after getting high level (tops would be mercenary and sorc deleted at 48t level).
I can safely say I played all 8 AC and their republic counters to atleast L 30.

And I'm not a no life either, live with my GF, have full time job + half time job and family life,dogs, etc.

key is not to spend time in game doing nothing (like some people log in just to chat for 2 hours - and then they cry that they don';t have money for repairs lol).

if you don't like doing some planet (I hate Hoth for example), do space missions. pop in on alt1, do space mission daily (usualy 2-4 missions) and then log alt2 to exp.
crafting? sure, between space missions/cooking/toilet etc (wash your hands!).
it's about organizing time.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

galadimana
03.25.2013 , 10:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
I have a gunslinger I'm playing only during these weekend events, because I can't stand anything but class quests. To the Op's point, some kind of permanent boosting mechanism would be welcome once RotHC drops.
Really? Are class quests really all that different from non-class quests? I mean, is there something I'm missing, or aren't they pretty similar, for the most part?

All due respect to the devs, but it seems like you are choosing to regard class quests as different than non-class quests on spec, without really trying enough of the non-class quests.

I have found many of the non-class quests to be very enjoyable, while not being a complete departure from the class content - and some, I have found to be far superior!

Or I could be crazy...
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.

Khevar
03.25.2013 , 12:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by galadimana View Post
Really? Are class quests really all that different from non-class quests? I mean, is there something I'm missing, or aren't they pretty similar, for the most part?

All due respect to the devs, but it seems like you are choosing to regard class quests as different than non-class quests on spec, without really trying enough of the non-class quests.

I have found many of the non-class quests to be very enjoyable, while not being a complete departure from the class content - and some, I have found to be far superior!

Or I could be crazy...
I think you're missing the key difference between class quests and planetary quests.

There are 8 different set of class stories. There are only 2 different sets of planetary / side quests.

Do one Republic Toon, one Imperial Toon, run the planetary quests on both. Any other class stories you see will be new, but everything else will be the same.

However, see my post above, it's possible with legacy xp perks and the bonus xp consumable to minimize the amount of repeated questing.