Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing all classes takes too much time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Playing all classes takes too much time

AlanWhiteWolf
03.22.2013 , 05:13 AM | #1
Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?
“If you hold to my teaching,
you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth,
and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31

MediumD
03.22.2013 , 07:46 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanWhiteWolf View Post
Like if by doing all quests on a planet would unlock a legacy option to gain 200% xp on that planet or something? How do you guys feel about that?
I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience.

Never_Hesitate
03.22.2013 , 08:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience. That way you'd only need to play class missions to level your umpteenth alt.
(I'm sorry if I didn't catch your irony)

*cough* Double exp weekends *cough*
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

MediumD
03.22.2013 , 08:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
(I'm sorry if I didn't catch your irony)

*cough* Double exp weekends *cough*
I have a gunslinger I'm playing only during these weekend events, because I can't stand anything but class quests. To the Op's point, some kind of permanent boosting mechanism would be welcome once RotHC drops.

Lyshar
03.22.2013 , 08:46 AM | #5
In the beginning did all the missions I could find, but quickly you outlevel everything. Especially when you PvP or do FPs regularly.

Right now I have several characters, just doing FPs and occasional planets for class missions, it works fine.

If you just want to do class missions and hit 50, then I suggest killing a lot of stuff. For that using the right XP boosers is advisable, and as suggested using the double XP weekends.

Ryat
03.22.2013 , 08:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
I agree. It'd be neat if there were some kind of server-wide events where the game gave you double experience.
Or better yet, legacy options that can give you increases to your XP. Then have them stack on with this double xp event.

JuryDuty
03.22.2013 , 12:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanWhiteWolf View Post
Hey guys does anyone else want to play every class but really not have the time? Or really not want to grind out the quests 4 times?

I have 3 level 50's and a level 40 and I feel like all that leveling should give me some kind of xp increase. If it were at all possible to be able to level to 50 just by doing the class quests and planet main quests that would be awsome. Im just tired of doing all the quests over and over.

For me I want the unlocks and to enjoy the storylines of having played all the classes, but I really don't enjoy playing the same minor storylines time and again. I'd LOVE a permanent double-XP situation on each side (Light/Dark) once you've completed that side once.
--JuryDuty

ElevenBfour
03.22.2013 , 09:10 PM | #8
I understand the OP's point, but what other exp boost do you want? They're all over the place.

drug_cartel
03.23.2013 , 01:45 AM | #9
Double XP weekends have been incredible about increasing my enjoyment in the game. Like many players, I am less interested in the endgame gear-grind of generic MMO and much more prone to enjoy the storyline of a quality Bioware game. I've been subscribed for quite a while and basically just bang my way to the end of the class mission, then drop the character and start over with a new class or alignment path.

The world missions kill me. Specifically Alderaan and Voss on Republic side; they are so incredibly boring and I've already done them a dozen times. Leveling up a second Consular to go Dark Side or building another Smuggler to try Gunslinger instead of Scoundrel still gives me a lot of fun, until I get to these worlds where I know I have to do the exact same story again, and the missions were obnoxious the first time.

With the Double XP weekends, I basically only have to do my Class Mission and then about 1/3 of the world missions. That allows me to pick and choose, trading it up with each new character so the experience stays somewhat fresh and fun, instead of the tedious drudgery of knowing that I will have to do basically every single non-Heroic world mission, plus most Bonus Missions, just to keep up with the level of my Class Missions for progression.

Cleet_Xia
03.23.2013 , 08:56 AM | #10
Well, this is a refreshing change from "Mak Moar Kontent NAO !!"
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~