Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK, I'm pathetic. I want my female BH to look good AND tough.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
OK, I'm pathetic. I want my female BH to look good AND tough.

galadimana
03.20.2013 , 10:54 AM | #1
Ok, so here’s my sad situation. I want my bounty hunter (Female, Body type 3) to look good, AND tough, AND like a girl (as opposed to a [possibly, you can’t prove anything!] steroidal linebacker.) I understand that choosing BT3 may have been a mistake in this regard, and I accept that. But maybe someone has a solution for me.

My thoughts: As I leveled her from 1-11 so far, I thought I’d get over the terrible, terrible looking armor I have so far from drops/etc (did I mention terrible?) Her pants are clownish, canvass-y with purple and white stripes (?), the blue and yellow smears on her chest piece look hideous, and no other pieces even begin to address the ugly… and when one of my guildies suggested Unifying colors (shoulda thoughta that myself, of course), it unshockingly went from Totally Horrible to Almost Totally Horrible. I was underwhelmed.

So of course, I will be grinding some credits on my other 2 L50s to get her some much nicer Adaptable (or at least Orange) armor to level up in… but though I will end up a PT tank, I’m looking for alternatives to an armored behemothlady.

So now I appeal to you, the wise and kind Forumites who have nothing but good in your hearts and help any passersby and newbies who ask for assistance… Any ideas that won’t break my bank?

(Other general impressions – I like sleek pants, not skirts. Form-fitting armors without crazy shoulderpads… but not going for the ‘courtesan’ look for her, either, so no ‘dancing girl’ outfits, for her at least. (maybe for Mako…) Mako’s initial appearance with a little more bulk is what I’m kinda shooting for, maybe in a different color scheme… though I’m not familiar enough with all the armors to know what I should look for for options.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.

hallucigenocide
03.20.2013 , 01:06 PM | #2
have you checked http://tor-fashion.com/ ?
Master Dellamorte
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Stressfire
03.20.2013 , 02:46 PM | #3
Black Talon set is actually not to terrible to look at - very slim and streamlined compared to later sets with the football-pad shoulders. The chest is all but guaranteed to drop and is orange-grade.

You're gonna love the the Clan Varad stuff from Mandolorian raiders FP: Eeeew

Koyaanisqat
03.20.2013 , 03:06 PM | #4
Make friends with an armormech.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Forgettableone
03.28.2013 , 08:11 PM | #5
Try this, granted it's got strength mods in it - but considering it's a modifiable purple, just rip the bits out and whack some BH stuff in it. As for the rest - it can go kinda well with the dancers leggings from the Sec Key vendor (if you've got one) and I'm fairly sure there are some adaptive legs around that are relatively plain/form fitting that'd work well with it.
Requiescat in Pace

Zunayson
03.28.2013 , 08:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Make friends with an armormech.
It should be easy for a female to make a few quick buc- friends
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

DeadDogBarking
04.11.2013 , 04:19 PM | #7
If you read any of the Star Wars Republic Commando series
All Mandalorian Commandos look good in their armor. Mandalorian are not judged by race or sex but only by their dedication to the Mando life style and culture. I have been trounced by many female bike racers who had the same outfit on as their male counterpart (well lyricra and shaved legs may swing both ways). Are you playing a class first or want a hot chick who happens to be a BH. This is a question not an accusation.

Now there is some really good lightly padded armor and some cool boots and gloves that have more armor that make a cool balance. Check out the adaptive pilot outfits in the space port and the social armor you can buy on planets.

If you stay away from heavy Mando Knight style armor you will not be as much of a target in war zones. More of a fast shock trooper. The Gree stuff always rocks (helmet?).

If you like Mando story line get traditional armor, but not the gaudy heavy tank stuff and keep the helmet off on base.

Just my opinion

NSStember
04.12.2013 , 01:07 PM | #8
I absolutely loved the level 20 PvP armor set for my BH (the white/red/grey camo style). Made her look tough and yet still "hugged her curves".

OddballEasyEight
04.13.2013 , 03:45 AM | #9
Wow, the fact that people think the BT3 looks like someone on steroids just makes me lose faith in humanity.
Almost every female bounty hunter i see is BT1 so it seems people think that anorectic 14 year olds is the new norm for female forms.

To me this is how the bodies look:
BT1: Anorectic 14 year old stunted in growth.
BT2: Skinny woman in her late teens.
BT3: Athletic woman in her twenties.
BT4: Normal, healthy woman.

But from conversations with other players on the subject, heres how most seem to view it:
BT1: Good looking woman.
BT2: Curvy woman
BT3: Woman on steroids
BT4: Fatso.

It sickens me to hear stuff like that.

As for finding non-tank looking armor sets, try looking through some of the Imperial Agent stuff. A medium chest piece wont ruin your armor score too much (and it wont matter if you play as mercenary) so thats an option.
Find some of the leg and feet pieces from the sith warriors, as some of them are a bit more slim than the bounty hunters.
Other than that, theres always the adaptable stuff from the CM which can be nice looking on a bounty hunter if you combine the right pieces.

EDIT: Btw, heres my bounty hunter. She is type 3 and i cant say she looks like a tank on steroids...
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2itj5ok.jpg
Later i beefed her up a bit too with heavier chest, leg and feet armor, but she still doesnt look as heavy as a BT2 male in the same outfit.
http://oi45.tinypic.com/5l82vk.jpg
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Otrorto
04.13.2013 , 05:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
To me this is how the bodies look:
BT1: Anorectic 14 year old stunted in growth.
BT2: Skinny woman in her late teens.
BT3: Athletic tall woman in her twenties.
BT4: Normal, healthy woman.

But from conversations with other players on the subject, heres how most seem to view it:
BT1: Good looking woman.
BT2: Curvy woman
BT3: Woman on steroids
BT4: Fatso.
THIS. (with a little correction underlined to fit it perfectly)

Also i played all my female characters in BT4 and i normally get said in /w that my characters are attractive, but also being said in group/ops chats "why u like to play a fattie?" by some stupids.

The only thing i really miss is the chance to set height of characters, cause to be fair, i really preffered to work on apperances in other BTs, but the height of each of them make it impossible, i really love the height of BT4.
Server The Red Eclipse - Awesomo Legacy - PreludeOfLight/PreludeOfDark
Republic: Ototo - Scoundrel, Durilam - Guardian, Aduril - Sage, Valilkya - Commando, Ch'e'ji - Shadow. Imperial: Vr'assus - Sniper, Boobaleegs - Powertech, Darkylaine - Assasin, Darkvalkyl - Juggernaut