Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harrison Ford: 'I'm Done With That Star Wars Crap!'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion

Selorian
03.18.2013 , 06:50 PM | #1
An interesting article about Harrison Ford and his relationship with Star Wars:

Slowpokeking
03.18.2013 , 08:56 PM | #2
Just drop the big 3, keep their best image of the saga, use another era.

Eillack
03.18.2013 , 09:04 PM | #3
I thought it was known that Ford was meh about his role, just llike Carrie...though she is a bit....unstable anyway.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Slowpokeking
03.18.2013 , 09:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I thought it was known that Ford was meh about his role, just llike Carrie...though she is a bit....unstable anyway.
Carrie Fisher is not pleased with Leia because she was never able to get out of the shadow of this character.

Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 09:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
That's what I wish they would do.

Did nobody learn the lesson of that new Indiana flick?

Ah but nostalgia = cashmoney. I bet most hardcore fans that are getting there hopes up are gonna consider the returning actors one of the biggest mistakes of the films in retrospect. Callin it.

Ventessel
03.18.2013 , 10:04 PM | #6
Carrie Fisher is not pleased with Leia because she was never able to get out of the shadow of this character.
The cocaine sure didn't help her career...
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel
03.18.2013 , 10:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
This article makes it seem like Ford really just wished to see more character development for Han Solo. It's a bit late to include that in Ep. VII, though. I feel as though trying to rework the missed opportunities of Return of the Jedi is just going to fall flat. We need to see new characters and new situations, and just learn from the mistakes of earlier films when it comes to characterization.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Selorian
03.19.2013 , 12:52 PM | #8
I agree about new characters as they can help to develop existing ones.

maxetius
03.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #9
Well her drug addictions sure as hell didn't help with landing future roles.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Blackholeskipper
03.20.2013 , 11:21 AM | #10
This. Honestly, I watched the original trilogy again a few weeks ago and I am less excited after watching them than I was before. It's been decades and whole 'skywalker' story has been done to death. Something new would be much better.

Hopefully darker too where the bad guys can actually friggin AIM and kill some good guys in a straight fight. What's the point if your opponent is friggin handicapped? It's almost like watching a bunch of bullies go to work on a defenseless empire that can't even defend itself from cuddly teddy bears.