Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

level 50 faction change over

jovianus
03.18.2013 , 11:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
I don't see why any of those would be difficult, if you take an empire item over to republic toon it automatically changes, companions can be given just like they would for anyone who picks the advanced class in the first place, as goes for the rest.
So you're suggesting that in the event of future story expansions, they not only create continuations for the 8 existing lines, but 8 completely new ones for 'defectors'? This would admittedly be awesome, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's wildly impractical for the devs from a cost standpoint.

And if your simply converting/getting slotted in to your mirror on the opposite side, what is the point of a transfer? Your previous story was just rendered completely null anyway, why not just create a new character of the appropriate class? If you want to use the same name, just liquidate everything on your current character, put all the credits/gear/items in holding with a placeholder alt, delete and reroll.

Holyexecutor
03.19.2013 , 05:26 AM | #12
I don't understand it that way.
I have BH, who is 99% in the light side. I just stay BH, with my skills, with my companions - the things that change are: from now on I dock on Republic fleet, I can visit Republic planets (and can't visit anymore Imperial ones) without be able doing the usual quests on those planets, but of course can do the repeatable ones, the dailies, the FPs and OPs on Republic side.

Akash
03.19.2013 , 08:14 AM | #13
Considering how little time it takes to level a character to 50 (ever try Aion or EQ1?) the drama it would create amongst a lot of fans who thought storyline purity was being thrown in the dumpster, and the potential future storyline costs associated with such a move, I don't think this idea would have enough community support to justify the cost of a revamp.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

Icebergy
03.19.2013 , 08:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Holyexecutor View Post
I have BH, who is 99% in the light side. I just stay BH, with my skills, with my companions - the things that change are: from now on I dock on Republic fleet, I can visit Republic planets (and can't visit anymore Imperial ones) without be able doing the usual quests on those planets, but of course can do the repeatable ones, the dailies, the FPs and OPs on Republic side.
Except most of your companions would refuse to switch with you.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Holyexecutor
03.19.2013 , 08:24 AM | #15
My companions don't have Light/Dark side...

Altyrell
03.19.2013 , 01:04 PM | #16
My companions don't have Light/Dark side...
Ah but they do have personality and some would conflict with Switching Sides

And then you would no longer get any individualized Class Story or possibly no future Class Story at all. And while what you are saying might make sense for the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, that wouldn't for the other 6 Classes

jovianus
03.19.2013 , 03:16 PM | #17
The issue is what happens with future expansions, not just story but level wise.

Do they put trainers for all 8 classes in both fleets and on every planet?

Include rewards for all 8 classes in every quest for both sides?

And if there are story expansions in the future, what happens with your char?

Does your BH get drafted into the Republic Army and just get slotted into the Trooper quest line? That has issues by itself, because it's going to be kind of awkward to have General Garza reminding your BH of all the great work he did for her on Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa.

Do they create 8 completely new story lines for 'defectors, in addition to continuations for the 8 existing storylines?

TwiggyTwotone
03.19.2013 , 06:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Ah but they do have personality and some would conflict with Switching Sides

And then you would no longer get any individualized Class Story or possibly no future Class Story at all. And while what you are saying might make sense for the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, that wouldn't for the other 6 Classes
I think the faction jumping could be a cool option. But it is impractical and unlikely to happen for any number of reasons. Other people can talk about those.

I just wanted to point out that the Imperial Agent story is perfectly designed for faction jumping. Moreso than either the bounty hunter or the smuggler. (I shan't spoil anyone...go youtube the ending for yourself. Or play an agent - incidentally it's my favorite storyline.)

Mcadamsl
03.19.2013 , 11:41 PM | #19
as others has listed the only way to do it is either faction change and it resets your class story which you would then have to play all the way through as a level 50 which kind of defeats the point of why you want to change factions I bet if you have to replay the story to level up, or it is a major undertaking in added voice over doubling any future class story addtion that the cost I doubt would work. added to the the whole changes in main hand/offhand for non jedi/sith.