Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Newcomers

EnvyLivius
01.31.2012 , 07:17 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by GymQuirk View Post
The Guild Hall forums have been set to Read-only for a while before they are deleted.

Use the new Server Group forums instead.

(IIRC, this was implemented a couple of weeks back.)
Thank you so very much, much o obliged friend.

Dragondog
02.01.2012 , 02:45 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by _JediKnight View Post
Great guide!

I do have a question regarding the Story section though. I'm a brand new player having just started a few days ago so still reading through the forums for info and may have missed this somewhere but I'd like to know...are there more implications for going to the opposite spectrum of the force than your initial allegience? I'm considering taking a jedi and turning him dark but don't know the full impact of what that means and whether that will make me weaker in some way. I know you can't use blue lightsabers if you go down the dark side path but is there more to it than that?

Also, I'm assuming there are benefits to being a higher rank one way or the other but haven't seen any explanation of what that is...do you get stronger if you are on Rank 2 of the light side rather than Rank 1?
Your light/dark rank allows you to access stuff at light/dark vendors that you otherwise wouldn't be able to use. Certain color crystals are only available to some ranks. If you go dark, the dark side will affect your appearance, unless you turn that off in preferences. You are not stronger or weaker for goinging one way or another.
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.
CE VIP

Nemu
02.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #213
My issue was fixed, n/m.
Proud vet of the 367

_JediKnight
02.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Your light/dark rank allows you to access stuff at light/dark vendors that you otherwise wouldn't be able to use. Certain color crystals are only available to some ranks. If you go dark, the dark side will affect your appearance, unless you turn that off in preferences. You are not stronger or weaker for goinging one way or another.
Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for, thinking of turning my sentinal dark and wasn't sure what the outcome would be.

TxAstarte
02.01.2012 , 03:23 PM | #215
Just wanted to say thank you for compiling all this useful info.

I'm new in town, and trying to figure a lot of stuff out right now. I didn't even know I'd rolled a nerfed class till I checked in on the IA forums.

Guess I should QQ now, right?

Ipsin
02.02.2012 , 04:19 AM | #216
Great guide, but do you know what internet speed is needed/recommended ?

ZacharyHill
02.03.2012 , 05:33 AM | #217
In case no one has told you yet you can find out what kind of responses your companions would like by looking in the codex section of your mission log.

TxAstarte
02.03.2012 , 09:17 AM | #218
Ah, yes, I love the codex. Lots of little nuggets in there-hadn't noticed that one yet, though.

Thank you.

CzaplaM
02.05.2012 , 07:11 AM | #219
Here are a bunch of great tips for beginners.
http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2568

_Theno_
02.05.2012 , 08:20 AM | #220
I don't know if it is mentioned but I see OP said that a raid can only have 16 players. I had a 24 players raid yesterday on Coruscant for the world boss. I am not sure but maybe it could be even bigger.