Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Disaster Known as Double XP

Drudenfusz
03.18.2013 , 07:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by yabntraw View Post
Really. I thought my argument was clear I want to play the game as the developers intended.
Games are changing, get over it. And the devs now say double XP is okay, so it is intended.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

JPryde
03.18.2013 , 07:31 AM | #22
Really. I thought my argument was clear I want to play the game as the developers intended.
Who did create double exp in your opinion, if not the devs ??

The devs gave you double exp, so by complaining about double exp, you essentially do NOT want to play the game as the developers intended.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Eillack
03.18.2013 , 07:50 AM | #23
Get the tinfoil hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP, you should know that this is being done to get people to 50 so they can access 2.0 content on as many toons as possible; devs have even said how xp boosts ontop of the xp weekends is a good thing, so not useless.

But anyway, unsubbin due to this is a new type of /facepalm
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

yabntraw
03.18.2013 , 08:06 AM | #24
How many f2p players would welcome double xp if they had to pay for the privilege. Pay your sub and watch while f2p players laugh at you. Enjoy the steady errosion of your sub status.

yabntraw
03.18.2013 , 08:09 AM | #25
Double xp is about rothc sales. Wake and smell the ********.

anonnn
03.18.2013 , 09:38 AM | #26
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! _ Read the email distribution regarding double-XP! _ There is double XP also on the next THREE weekends, and then it probably is done for quite a while.

The reason? _____Preparation for the Expansion Pack! If you don't like leveling quickly, don't use any +XP boosters the next 3 weekends, and maybe don't play at all on weekends for 4 more weeks. The email distribution:

JOIN THE MARCH TO MAKEB
Get ready for the first Digital Expansion with new Double XP Weekends!

GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS AN EDGE LEADING UP TO RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL!

Advance faster and bolster your characters as you prepare to face the ultimate challenge in the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel coming this Spring with five new levels and a brand new planet, Makeb. Join the March to Makeb now and be sure to pre-order your copy of Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

FIRST EVER DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS

In anticipation for the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, earn Double XP and level your characters faster to Level 50 during the following weekends:
  • March 15, 2013 to March 18, 2013
  • March 22, 2013 to March 25, 2013
  • March 29, 2013 to April 1, 2013
  • April 5, 2013 to April 8, 2013

Achieve even faster gains with XP Boosts, which also double and are available in the Cartel Market!

Don't worry if you have already hit Level 50, your Legacy XP will also double - so jump in now! (All Double XP Weekends begin Fridays at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT and end Mondays at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT.)

_
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .

Master-Nala
03.18.2013 , 09:53 AM | #27
There is no need to do the following to boost XP. Flashpoints, Warzones, Space Missions, Explore Planets etc. Double XP means you are overleveled. Planetary and Enemy scaling if out of sync. Players are on Taris (Empire) at level 42, yet Planet max scale is 36. There is no fun nor joy in this. Grinding levels and watching your XP inch towards another level was the way of the game. Achieving level 50 after all those Story Arcs, Flashpoints etc was electrifiying. Now my char jumps 6 levels in less than an hour. All the additional content is now redundant. This so dismay me that I did the following. Unsubscribed with 3 months to go, deleted my char, had already pre-ordered RotHC, but Bioware can keep the money. And why did I do this? Simple. It turned from an excellent game with endless possibilties to Star Wars The Old Republic (3 year old edition). There are those who of course may see my actions as ludicrous, But how many people currently leveling are doing anything but Story mode and a few side missions. I spent days leveling my other char to level 50, and now people jump from level 24 to 42 in a matter of hours. Can anyone in all honesty say this is the same game they played before Double XP. Can anyone honestly say they are not totally skipping content. Can anyone honestly say they will feel a sense of achievement upon reaching level 50 under those conditions. Those are my thoughts and reasons for leaving SWTOR. A shame that sales of RotHC take priority over game content. Goodbye.
Off-topic: There is a key on most keyboards called an "ENTER" key. It does what was called on typewriters, a carriage return. What that looks like for computers is that it moves to the next line. Let me demonstrate;

See?

That empty space between the words 'demonstrate' and 'see' sets off the text. It also makes it much easier for your readers to read what you are trying to say. It's also used to separate paragraphs. Paragraphs are 1 or more sentences that express a similar idea. For example, I am using this paragraph to explain uses for the Enter key.

Even if you're not adept at constructing paragraphs, even just using the enter key every couple of sentences will help your readers comfortably read your text. Use it, it's a great invention.

On-Topic: No one cares that you didn't like double exp. Many people love it.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

BlazingShadow
03.18.2013 , 09:56 AM | #28
this made me lol so hard.

leveling hasn't been hard since they took out all the overtuned solo bosses, and even then it wasn't difficult.

JoeeyyMagzz
03.18.2013 , 10:01 AM | #29
Yeah Bioware, listen to the OP and take away double xp for the next 3 weekends...... or don't.... it doesn't really matter at all.

This post was equally as useless and ridiculous as the thread itself. Thank you for reading.

Kovaos
03.18.2013 , 10:02 AM | #30
lol is someone really crying about double xp on a weekend? It's nice to weed these babies out of the pack though.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."