Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Disaster Known as Double XP

JPryde
03.17.2013 , 01:48 PM | #11
This is the suggestion box !
Where in your wall of (crazy) text is hidden a suggestion ?
Nowhere ? Oh, so you just wanted to make a senseless complain and tell everyone who doesn't care, that you leave... Fine...
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

BewareTheDonkey
03.17.2013 , 04:43 PM | #12
The TC just sounds like another whiner baby whose wish is to be the only neckbeard at level 50, because the only way to get to 50 is play 16+ hours a day where quests only give you 10xp each.

This way he feels superior somehow.

yabntraw
03.18.2013 , 03:20 AM | #13
I am one of the few people who believe that the game should be played as it was designed. When I find myself on Tatooine at lvl 29 having only explored 10% of the map and have jumped 6 lvls then I know its time to quit. I should not have to logoff till double xp is over. I loved this game but Bioware made the wrong decision regarding double xp. This is the forum where the devs supposedly come, maybe they will read the contents in its entirety rather than nitpick. As I said before fast track leveling should not be an option. This gsme is about discovery, grinding levelling etc. This is what I enjoy snd I make no apologies to anyone for my personal preference s. So to all, enjoy swtor if you preferences differ for it is not my place to judge you. Thank you.

Doctoglethorpe
03.18.2013 , 03:38 AM | #14
Its really probably the saddest complaint I've heard about the game so far.

"Damn Bioware and their generosity in letting me get to 50 and experience a class storyline with less grinding, HOW DARE THEY! I pay good money to grind my life away damnit! Huuyyhhhrrrrrruuuuuh Ubsub!"

Basically.

Theres plenty you can be upset about with this game but this is not something. This is like complaining that the free food you got at a party isn't the kind of food you like to eat. "Ew, pumpkin pie? I don't like pumpkin, I like cherry, this is ********!"

jovianus
03.18.2013 , 03:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by yabntraw View Post
I am one of the few people who believe that the game should be played as it was designed. When I find myself on Tatooine at lvl 29 having only explored 10% of the map and have jumped 6 lvls then I know its time to quit. I should not have to logoff till double xp is over. I loved this game but Bioware made the wrong decision regarding double xp. This is the forum where the devs supposedly come, maybe they will read the contents in its entirety rather than nitpick. As I said before fast track leveling should not be an option. This gsme is about discovery, grinding levelling etc. This is what I enjoy snd I make no apologies to anyone for my personal preference s. So to all, enjoy swtor if you preferences differ for it is not my place to judge you. Thank you.
This is just silly. It says it right on the tin, double xp weekends were instituted to let people get to 50 in preparation for the expansion.

More people buying the expansion=more money for Bioware/EA=more money to keep SWTOR going and produce new content...how terrible!

And a lvl 20 F2P'er who has to buy/use the occasional quest reward xp boost just to get the same base xp subscribers do is not likely to be in any hurry to buy the expansion.

yabntraw
03.18.2013 , 05:38 AM | #16
Subscription means paying which in turn means faster leveling. F2P means I don't want to pay and they should accept the fact that tnere are restrictions. RotHC is restricted for F2P. Is it then worth the cost. The problem with the swtor model is that F2P players want the same access as subscribers but want it for free. A two tier system is only workable only if everyone accepts they are a sub or f2p.

Drudenfusz
03.18.2013 , 05:40 AM | #17
Well itsnice to see that the F2P brigade are out in full. I subbed because I believe in supporting the developers. As to other games I play WoW where a free ride last as long as level 20. And all those who think this is such a wonderful game maybe should have purchased and played it on release. After all it is only popular because its free.
First, I am a subscriber, nevertheless I support double XP weekend. Since you bring up WoW, compaired to vanilla WoW leveling feels like a free ride there too. No, your issue is not the XP, you are just a grump, who hates it when people enjoy things you are not.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

jovianus
03.18.2013 , 05:41 AM | #18
Subscription means paying which in turn means faster leveling. F2P means I don't want to pay and they should accept the fact that tnere are restrictions. RotHC is restricted for F2P. Is it then worth the cost. The problem with the swtor model is that F2P players want the same access as subscribers but want it for free. A two tier system is only workable only if everyone accept s whether they F2P or sub.
So you're offended that for a whole 8 days, broken up into weekends, F2P'ers get exactly 1 of the same benefits that subscribers do?

yabntraw
03.18.2013 , 05:43 AM | #19
Really. I thought my argument was clear I want to play the game as the developers intended.

MikeMayhem
03.18.2013 , 05:55 AM | #20
This is proof that you can't make everybody happy. lol

I work minimum of 50 hours a week in a hospital, and I'm trying to get to 50 so I can gear up and be helpful to my guild. It's been pretty tough only gaining a level or 2 a day, but this weekend, I finally got the boost that I needed. Albeit I didn't get to 50 yet, I'm happy I got close.

And yes, I am a subscriber.

If you're complaining that you're leveling faster and enjoying more of the class quests easier, then you really need to rethink your mindset. Probably in general, not just about SWTOR.
Guild:Imperial Ground Forces.
Server: Prophecy of the Five.

Hecarimx: Immortal Juggernaut.