Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Disaster Known as Double XP

yabntraw
03.17.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1
There is no need to do the following to boost XP. Flashpoints, Warzones, Space Missions, Explore Planets etc. Double XP means you are overleveled. Planetary and Enemy scaling if out of sync. Players are on Taris (Empire) at level 42, yet Planet max scale is 36. There is no fun nor joy in this. Grinding levels and watching your XP inch towards another level was the way of the game. Achieving level 50 after all those Story Arcs, Flashpoints etc was electrifiying. Now my char jumps 6 levels in less than an hour. All the additional content is now redundant. This so dismay me that I did the following. Unsubscribed with 3 months to go, deleted my char, had already pre-ordered RotHC, but Bioware can keep the money. And why did I do this? Simple. It turned from an excellent game with endless possibilties to Star Wars The Old Republic (3 year old edition). There are those who of course may see my actions as ludicrous, But how many people currently leveling are doing anything but Story mode and a few side missions. I spent days leveling my other char to level 50, and now people jump from level 24 to 42 in a matter of hours. Can anyone in all honesty say this is the same game they played before Double XP. Can anyone honestly say they are not totally skipping content. Can anyone honestly say they will feel a sense of achievement upon reaching level 50 under those conditions. Those are my thoughts and reasons for leaving SWTOR. A shame that sales of RotHC take priority over game content. Goodbye.

ScytheEleven
03.17.2013 , 12:17 PM | #2
So you un-subbed because you got double XP on the weekends?

k, bye

yabntraw
03.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #3
No I unsubcribed because I was paying for XP gains via subscription. Those are now null and void. F2P players get to party, for no cost. I prefer not to hang around in a universe that is populated by people who have had a free ride to 50. F2P is and will continue to be the death of SWTOR. And I suggest you read the post in its entirety. People are skipping content because they don't need to do it.

FelixGoldenHeart
03.17.2013 , 12:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yabntraw View Post
There is no need to do the following to boost XP. Flashpoints, Warzones, Space Missions, Explore Planets etc. Double XP means you are overleveled. Planetary and Enemy scaling if out of sync. Players are on Taris (Empire) at level 42, yet Planet max scale is 36. There is no fun nor joy in this. Grinding levels and watching your XP inch towards another level was the way of the game. Achieving level 50 after all those Story Arcs, Flashpoints etc was electrifiying. Now my char jumps 6 levels in less than an hour. All the additional content is now redundant. This so dismay me that I did the following. Unsubscribed with 3 months to go, deleted my char, had already pre-ordered RotHC, but Bioware can keep the money. And why did I do this? Simple. It turned from an excellent game with endless possibilties to Star Wars The Old Republic (3 year old edition). There are those who of course may see my actions as ludicrous, But how many people currently leveling are doing anything but Story mode and a few side missions. I spent days leveling my other char to level 50, and now people jump from level 24 to 42 in a matter of hours. Can anyone in all honesty say this is the same game they played before Double XP. Can anyone honestly say they are not totally skipping content. Can anyone honestly say they will feel a sense of achievement upon reaching level 50 under those conditions. Those are my thoughts and reasons for leaving SWTOR. A shame that sales of RotHC take priority over game content. Goodbye.
I'll start it off saying you don't HAVE to level during the double exp. No one's forcing you to. Who is doing other things besides story mode and side missions? Myself and many others I'm sure. There's pvp, and flashpoints. Not to mention general trolling of fleet chat. Hangin out with friends and stuff, dueling whilst hanging out, etc. The Gree event, 50 pve dailies. There's plenty more to do that you don't have to limit yourself. Is this game the same as it was before double exp? Yes. Was it the same as a year ago? No! That's what an MMO does. It evolves as it grows, or it flickers out and dies. As for unsubbing, that's your problem and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Faithful people to this game, and people who enjoy the swtor storylines etc will stay and play.

This game is far from perfect sure, but at least they are putting forth effort to make it better. Is it an extreme amount of effort? No, but at least there's some.

TheNahash
03.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #5
No I unsubcribed because I was paying for XP gains via subscription. Those are now null and void. F2P players get to party, for no cost. I prefer not to hang around in a universe that is populated by people who have had a free ride to 50. F2P is and will continue to be the death of SWTOR.
Did you miss the "Weekends" part?
Or the fact there's just 4 of them planned?

Well, anyway, bb.
Don't mean to sound rude, but the less entitled people around who don't understand the many advantages of being a subscriber, the better.

Good luck with the next game you choose. If I were you I'd choose one that has the minimum amount of population and is not looking for more people because I think you'll be disappointed to find out that all major MMOs use marketing tricks like these to get more people to play.

bb.

yabntraw
03.17.2013 , 12:35 PM | #6
Well itsnice to see that the F2P brigade are out in full. I subbed because I believe in supporting the developers. As to other games I play WoW where a free ride last as long as level 20. And all those who think this is such a wonderful game maybe should have purchased and played it on release. After all it is only popular because its free.

TheNahash
03.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #7
Well it nice to see that the F2P brigade are out in full. I subbed because I believe in supporting the developers. As to other games I play WoW where a free ride last as long as level 20. And all those who think this is such a wonderful game maybe should have purchased and played it on release. After all it is only popular because its free.
Um...I pre-ordered the game and and I've been here since launch.
Also, the F2P brigade will not be arriving anytime soon, since F2P players cannot post in the forum. Sorry to burst your bubble, there.

You could argue that it is only popular because it's Star Wars, but not because it's free. Other games are free and they're not as popular. So do you have a point or just trolling here?

yabntraw
03.17.2013 , 12:45 PM | #8
Subcriptions 2.5 million.
Subscriptions now 500k?
Current players - how many millions?

Trolling i don't think so.

TheNahash
03.17.2013 , 12:47 PM | #9
Subcriptions 2.5 million. Subscriptions 500k. Current players - how many millions?

Work it out for yourself. It free.
Wow.
Logic is having an off day...
So, there were 2.5 mil, that fell to 500k and then the game went F2P, which brought it back to life and made it possible for you and me to continue playing it.

OMG, the horror of F2P.
How could they show any kind of support to the F2Ps...??
Shocking I tell you!

PS: Could you please link me your sources for the current subscriber base? thank you

yabntraw
03.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #10
Google it .
Logic has taken a back seat if you believe that fast leveling is the future of SWTOR.