Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Broken Physics In Swtor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Broken Physics In Swtor

iamef
03.17.2013 , 05:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
The vanguard started his pull before he lost los
Exactly. I have jumped several times and hit pull in mid air to make what would be "impossible" pulls.... The start and end location of the pulled player are determined the moment the pull occurs, regardless of what the animation shows, so, what happened was the player was pulled to a location in mid air, and then dropped into the pit.
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / Ėrnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

Wooker
03.17.2013 , 07:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by iamef View Post
Exactly. I have jumped several times and hit pull in mid air to make what would be "impossible" pulls.... The start and end location of the pulled player are determined the moment the pull occurs, regardless of what the animation shows, so, what happened was the player was pulled to a location in mid air, and then dropped into the pit.
he DID NOT PULL HIM WHILE HE JUMPED DOWN.

Rincewend
03.17.2013 , 09:49 PM | #13
There are physics bugs in the game some are code some are lag. Most have to do with things they never thought we would do.

But I have found soft walls even in PVE content, D7 has got one just after the bridged tower were everyone speeders along the pipe on the wall. Half the people I have been in there with have jumped at the wall expecting to slide down and land on the pipe, however most times they land stuck in the wall. /stuck never works and best bet is to have a sorc (me) pull you out.

Doing WB's on Belsavis so long ago our tank was pulling the boss away from the group to keep his AOE attack pointed at him and not the DPS and healers, and he feel threw Belsavis. All we could see was a white spot on the ground, he got to see the inside of the terrian (like the old clipping cheat in doom games) he feel never dieing.

If you run into something make a ticket hope they will fix it. If you can get video (not all of us are recording all the time) post it for the rest of us to laugh at.

cashogy_reborn
03.17.2013 , 09:52 PM | #14
you only need LoS when you activate the skill. some abilities have animation delay, which is where you see things like jumping/pulling through walls
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Philelectric
03.17.2013 , 09:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Yep, I was thinking the same lol
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Kawabonga
03.18.2013 , 04:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wooker View Post
he DID NOT PULL HIM WHILE HE JUMPED DOWN.
How the hell would you know that :/? Are you that vanguard? Because if while ball is a few meters away from goal an enemy vanguard jumps in the pit, even an idiot could tell that his purpose is to pull the ball carrier into the pit with him :/

I do this all the time on my assassin. it's the most efficient way of being safe. Pushes and knockbacks may suffer lag and make you end up pushing the enemy straight through the line, while on your screen you had him facing the pit.

Wooker
03.18.2013 , 01:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
How the hell would you know that :/? Are you that vanguard? Because if while ball is a few meters away from goal an enemy vanguard jumps in the pit, even an idiot could tell that his purpose is to pull the ball carrier into the pit with him :/

I do this all the time on my assassin. it's the most efficient way of being safe. Pushes and knockbacks may suffer lag and make you end up pushing the enemy straight through the line, while on your screen you had him facing the pit.
i was right next to the vanguard before he jumped down and then 2 seconds later pulled the ball guy

_Pryor_
03.18.2013 , 01:29 PM | #18
i was right next to the vanguard before he jumped down and then 2 seconds later pulled the ball guy
Was in a game last night where a vanguard pulled someone across the entire map.

Do you believe me?

Should we just take your word for it?
Pryor - Concealment Operative - Uncensored
Pry'r - Deception Assassin - Uncensored
Ganniccus - Infiltration Shadow - Uncensored
Pry-or - Scrapper Scoundrel - Uncensored

Capt_Beers
03.18.2013 , 01:35 PM | #19
I do this all the time. Jump > pull.

Harpoon has sort of a delay on it where the cable wraps around the target as opposed to Force Pull which is instant. So that could seem like he waited. You also only need los on the target to hit the ability you don't need to maintain it during the pull. So once that cable has them they aren't going anywhere. Unless they hit a wall or something towards you. That will stop them.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

Zoom_VI
03.18.2013 , 03:34 PM | #20
about 3 out of 4 times i use harpoon in huttball i get either
a) target is immune
b) cannot see target
c) target is out of range
d) harpoon goes on cd but nothing happens

That Pt that is pulled you back is probably dancing a jig for successfully harpooning anything at all
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittyavenger View Post
You sure you didn't tab target satan by accident, leaped straight to hell?