Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese gear for my female SI… what a let-down ! !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Tionese gear for my female SI… what a let-down ! !

markcymru
03.16.2013 , 08:39 PM | #1
Today I leveled my first character to 50, my female SI healer.

What a let-down ! Probably the frumpiest looking outfit possible.

Yard-long pointy shoulder pads !

An ugly mask that covers her beautiful face ! (And I thought the damn hoods were bad ! )

A 2-foot high pointy hat ! Bare midriff !

And it makes her bum look fat ! ! ! !

This could only have been designed by some plastic-pocket-protector- wearing adolescent males working out of their parents’ basement rec room.
Elizabeth Warren for President !

Chemic_al
03.17.2013 , 04:42 AM | #2
All the SI gear, pve and pvp is hideous. Sorry.

markcymru
03.17.2013 , 02:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
What am I in for with my Smuggler and Consular and all the other characters ?
Elizabeth Warren for President !

Kawabonga
03.18.2013 , 05:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
I disagree... Battlemaster outfits are awesome.

Anyway, hide headslot = 2 problems solved.
Rip mods out of chestpiece and stick them in something you like, another problem solved set bonus only needs 4 pieces (or 2 considering you probably won't ever need that exra 50 force if you play it right)

Jayshames
03.18.2013 , 05:27 AM | #5
Not to worry, the tables have turned in 2.0.
The only gear that's even worth looking at in 2.0 is the inquisitor gear, the rest looks disgusting.
SCOTLAND

Chemic_al
03.18.2013 , 12:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
What am I in for with my Smuggler and Consular and all the other characters ?
Honestly, you have to suck it up for a bit until you get either war hero or campaign armourings, so you can ditch the shells and place them in adaptive armour from the cartel market, or find something a synthweaver or armourmech has crafted.

That's not to say there aren't some good looking bits that drop from random loot, or treasure hunting either.

But yeah, for the most part, I just look at the base outfits and go "really? that's what you think they should look like."

Stressfire
03.18.2013 , 12:05 PM | #7
At least you didn't get the helmet with horns Now that one looks ridiculous

Thankfully, with my merc I was able to keep my old foundry helm even though I have to put up with a chestpiece that has 4 pipes poking out the back for some reason

space_mechanic
03.19.2013 , 06:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Not to worry, the tables have turned in 2.0.
The only gear that's even worth looking at in 2.0 is the inquisitor gear, the rest looks disgusting.
Most of 2.0 endgame gear is horrible. Inquisitor masks especially. Check it out http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-le...models-preview

@markcymru Try buying legacy gear on Dromund Kaas or some Cartel Market ones instead. And then just place the mods there as stated above. To get gear bonus you have to insert 2 (4) campaign armorings to shells.

Fiamma_Verde
03.19.2013 , 12:15 PM | #9
What really bothers me about the SI Tionese/Columi/Rakata stuff is that it is some of the only models that change depending on gender, and I think that the male versions look much more complete, and thought out.

There are a few others, some sentinel/Mara pieces and what seems like a ton of SI light armor that does the same thing. I don't mind the mid drift, but I'd really like to be able to get a 'complete' version of these for my SI as well. *sigh*

Joefjr
03.23.2013 , 03:09 AM | #10
You only need to have 4 out of 5 equipped so do what i do. Hide and equip helm, equip hands and legs. Find a chest shell that you really like xfer the mods and turn on the sync colors option.
"If you rolled an operative to pick a stealth class, you picked the wrong one." - GeoLager