Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

XcomCaveRat
01.26.2012 , 07:23 AM | #21
Wasn't she patched in version 1.1? I believe she's not as hard now as she used to be.

LawStanz
01.26.2012 , 09:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by XcomCaveRat View Post
Wasn't she patched in version 1.1? I believe she's not as hard now as she used to be.
I didn't have a significant challenge with her when I did the quest so I'm not entirely sure what tactic I used. IIRC, As a level 32ish Balance Shadow I used Theran, interrupted what I could, kept all my DOTs on her, and kited a bit to keep Theran and me out of her AOE.

bruudoc
01.26.2012 , 11:00 AM | #23
I didnt have any issue with her either on my Seer Sage with Qyzen or on my Kinetic Shadow with Tharan. You just have to use your interupts, which is usually the case with any elite mission boss.

If you think Sidonie is tough, wait until you meet Stark...

DaShuk
01.27.2012 , 01:34 AM | #24
Thought she was pretty easy, although I was +2 when I fought her, she went down in about 30 seconds. Using Tharan as my companion and I never went below 90% health. The boss fights in this game have honestly been pretty underwhelming, especially once I got Tharan. With Qyzen it was at least a good fight, now with Tharan I rarely get below 80% in any fight, and I trounced Vivicar(Act I boss) in less than a minute, which was a little annoying after hearing for 35 levels that he's this awesome Sith lord behind this massive scheme...meh. Seems like as much work went into the Consular bosses as the actually story itself.

GloamingLeuceti
01.27.2012 , 02:45 AM | #25
Best tactics I found was to use a healing companion (ie theran) and save knocks, stuns and interupts for her heals.

Sunblade
01.27.2012 , 03:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XcomCaveRat View Post
Yes she was. Easier now.

I had a hard time with Sidonie when I encountered her as a 30 sage. Racked up a lot of repair costs Left and came back as lvl 32. Easy as pie. Used Qyzen as companion.

As others have said, interrupts are king for this fight.
"Don't change colors to match the walls, look like you belong, and the walls will change color to match you."

Timberley
01.27.2012 , 12:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zidiuss View Post
Proceeded to defeat Vivicar and complete the Fortitude quests at lvl 30 without a hitch. The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?
Yeah, bested her a couple of days ago, though I was a Level 32 Infiltration specced Shadow. She took an age, and forced me to go from Shadow to Combat Technique, but she was doable. The trick was having Theran with me, and using my medpack at one point, amongst other things...

Spoiler

Tim
Kecandra - - Infiltration

Bilirubin
01.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #28
The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?
Yes, and she didn't drop anything! Was quite annoyed.
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

Shadontwo
02.15.2012 , 10:26 PM | #29
I killed this chick as a lvl 28 shadow (consular). Heres a nice trick for ya.

First of all, Theron is a MUST, at least at this level.

Interupt her force blast and her projects EVERY time using either our kick, stun, or knockback

Force speed out of her aoe. The range is MUCH larger than the blue circle so ****

Stagger your CDs throughout the fight

Make sure your heroic moment is up, but only use it on a confident pull, its a long CD

Finally, heres a sweet trick...once your HP startes to drop below 50%, use force lift on her. This will incapacitate her, give theron some time to heal you up, and let you use mind crush for some extra damage and dot. Its a fantastic break during the fight.

happy killing!

DaShuk
02.15.2012 , 11:03 PM | #30
Easily beat her as shadow infiltration with Tharan at lvl 29. No kiting, only clubbing and interrupting. I stack only willpower, power, and accuracy; no **** stats.

Proceeded to defeat Vivicar and complete the Fortitude quests at lvl 30 without a hitch. The one I did not manage to defeat is the optional lvl 32 Champion sith sorcerer on the Fortitude. Has anyone bested her?
Yes, although she didn't drop anything but credits so I was kind of upset. The key to her is saving all the prisoners on the ship before you get to her, then they end up helping you out in the fight. The extra DPS is certainly nice.

As for Sidonie, she was a cakewalk, fought her around 32 as balance shadow with Theran, don't think she even lasted 45 seconds, fight was as big a joke as Vivicar using interupts.