Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

03.31.2013 , 12:44 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
I am miles ahead of you on that one.

My Sith Jedi is a paragon of goodness and light.
i took a u-turn on my idea.. gone evil..

04.01.2013 , 05:13 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by darksidechemist View Post
It's your guy; play it the way you want. Tell the nerd ragers to f off.
They have no business telling you how to play your character, if there were no exceptions in the Empire the devs wouldn't have added Light Side options to the game.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

04.02.2013 , 11:35 AM | #53
I get the same hate from players on the rep side of SWTOR when I play a dark jedi. In all facets of life and all organizations both real world and fictitious there is good and evil persons, personas or personalities. Play how you choose to and if people accept it awesome. If they don't screw them.
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to ultimite power.

04.03.2013 , 06:35 AM | #54
I think the reality of it is if you look at the issue objectively, if you base your character on the idea that they are a 'real' person, then they would NOT always be picking one decision over the other. Even the nicest person will have that moment where they snp and lose their ****. Similarly, even the most evil person may spare someone at some point. Reality is shades of gray...and, as obi-wan once said, only Sith deal in absolutes....which...wait...that's the whole issue here....ugh.

04.14.2013 , 05:15 AM | #55
Why you ask? Because those people are one demensional morons! They think that "I am a bad guy so I must be bad" and don't think about what the choices are actually making.

I did run into this when the game first came out. I was on my first character running the Esseles FP and they were dectating what your choices would be in every conversasion. I was like " about no." They all got mad at me and I was surprized that I was not kicked. But I just could not believe that they demanded that I pick #1 on this conovo and then #3 on the next. These people are farmers for levels, rank, rep...whatever. They don't care about the the story driven game they are playing.

I have had fun with all of the classes making different choices. Before I make a character I think of who they are in this war torn world and what or how they will walk there life story. I finally just completed my first 50 as a Zabarak Jedi Knight. He is very LS becasue that is the kind of JK he is...but his black skinned zabarak brother (or son, I have not made up my mind on that part yet) is going to be a Jedi Consular and is going to be DS because, though he wants to help make this world a better place for the republic, he will be going about that goal in a much different way. He knows that some times you have to sacrifice one to save a thousand. He is not like is brother (father?) that has to save everyone no matter what the cost to you is.

Anyway I have rambled on long enough. Hopefully you will not run into that situation very much and like others have said just ignore those people. Its your story....tell it how you want to!
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

04.14.2013 , 08:35 AM | #56
Because people are idiots.

But this is a good topic to discuss from another perspective. I come from an RP server. There's a huge difference between:

(1) What choices your game-play character makes in flashpoints, etc. and
(2) What alignment your character is in roleplay.

(2) is different because it's frowned upon (for good reason) to RP as the Bioware plotline characters. This means you have a lot of freedom. Let's not pretend that "light side" means innocent sweetness and that "dark side" means puppy-killing child-eating evil. The one-dimensional characterizations in canon lead to bad RP, IMO. Lots of people love playing Darth Darksausage of Darkness, flying around in their ship made of ewok skulls, but it's hard to get in good RP with those people. If you want to annoy LOLEVIL and OnlyJediAreGood RPers, check out:

(Yeah, I know that "canon" sources have claimed the philosophy is false, but so what?)

04.14.2013 , 09:17 AM | #57
Because you fight the system. Don't stop fighting the power.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

04.14.2013 , 01:45 PM | #58
You shouldn't. Darth Marr is likely a light sided Sith: Don't mess with him but he is a champion of the Imperial citizens who view him as a hero because he puts the Empire and it's citizens before petty squabbles or power grabs. [This was stated in the prequel TOR darkhorse comics] And he is in charge of the Empire post 50.

Jedi are monks. A light sided Sith is more of a samurai.

04.14.2013 , 05:20 PM | #59
It's interesting.

My Light Side Assassin thinks she's dark. Until I really began playing my light Juggernaut, I was forming a theory of light-dark and dark-light.

Now, I have a light side Juggernaut who freely admits that he's light side. It's odd, but incredibly interesting. He reminds me a bit of Praven. Completely willing to kill an enemy, but has no interest in bloodshed for its own sake. He's talking about reforming the Empire because it's too dark, as opposed to my assassin who talks about reforming the Empire because it's too insane.

04.14.2013 , 05:38 PM | #60
My juggernaut is on light V. She's a patriot and think's that even though the Empire has many flaws, they can be healed from the inside.

May I ask, in what server are you people who are getting yelled etc. at? I play all my characters with with a "personality", taking options that fit that personality instead of blindly following ds/ls, and the only time my choices have been commented was a. when I took a ds option with my assassin (female in dark V with dark side corruption visible), someone said something like "a woman with no mercy" and b. when my gunslinger picked the ds in the end of Esseles and someone said "I got double the light side points! Thanks for being in dark side".