Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

Spetulhu
03.14.2013 , 02:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Most of the real world's Empires of the past brought about real and positive changes in knowledge, technology, and commerce. Were they all "evil?"
Whether the good the empire brought outweighs the things it did to become and stay an empire is a difficult question. If any outsiders or citizens got in the way they certainly did "evil" to them.

Some more evil than others, ofc. The Persians would let conquered peoples keep local customs as long as they dealt honestly with them - the punishment for dishonesty doesn't bear thinking about. The mongols would give you a chance to surrender but it was often almost as bad for you as resisting. Pax Romana... aye, it's peaceful when the belligerent city has been leveled to the ground and all survivors taken away as slaves. Alexander's empire might have spread the most "good" from our POV, what with exporting hellenistic culture so far away.

stupidsyrup
03.14.2013 , 03:13 AM | #22
I know the topic is on "Sith" but I've mostly seen talk about the Empire. Anywho, I roll a Light-Side Bounty Hunter because, well, I'm lazy. If I can make credits without having to pull out my blaster then it's a good day. People tell me "Oh you're a bad guy be bad!" I'm just like "If you wanna make my choices then pay for my subscription pal" and that shuts them up, or on the rare instance gets me kicked out of the group but nonetheless... Just ignore those guys. They only wish they could do these things without being punished for it.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Atramar
03.14.2013 , 04:40 AM | #23
I never ever heard anything bad for either being LS Sith, or Sith pureblood on rep side, or DS republic.
maybe you got unlucky, and any one giving you grief needs to get a life.
I understand some coments (as I get RP people on my Sith/Rattataki republic chars, saying that 'they feel DS' from me - while they mostly LS any ways), but making a notice is hardly 'so much hate'.
As for empire being evil, it's rought, xenofobic and cruel, while republic is corrupted, two sided...

there are no good guys, even Jedi are Bstards, 'for greater good' is to good excuse.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

JattaGin
03.14.2013 , 04:57 AM | #24
Many valid points have been mentioned here so far.

I also think it depends what Sith you play. Do you play a pureblood Sith? Then a lightside char is somewhat not overly realistic, because it is in the nature of their race to be evil (imho).

However, I play a Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer. I chose it, because it thwarts the Sith way. Twi'leks are the lowest alien breed there is (in the eyes of a pureblood Sith) and their biggest worth would be serving as slaves. The storyline sometimes reacts to my char being a Twi'lek, however only slightly. In such a context, I find it absolutely unbelievable to play a dark side Twi'lek Sith. Or a Sith at all, but that's another topic.

So, all in all, find your own context in the game and then dark or light side will fit to it. And please don't give a cr*p about what others think about your playing style. Have you not noticed that there are many id*ots playing this game? Don't let them spoil your fun. Always ask yourself this question: Why does the other even care for it? Why are you an issue for him/her? If (s)he would get along with him/herself, (s)he would not bother whether you are ls or ds. Simple as that.

Berronaxftw
03.14.2013 , 07:49 AM | #25
I'm gonna roll a sith pureblood light-side jedi

COME AT ME HATERS

DAWUSS
03.14.2013 , 11:12 AM | #26
I've hardly gotten any stick over my LS SI.

Keitanic
03.19.2013 , 08:30 AM | #27
In my opinion, play how you want. I started my firt character as a pure light side jedi shadow and couldn't stand the na´vetÚ of accepting all things good. Sometimes characters deserve to have my lightsaber in their stomach. Similarly, I find it immensely interesting to simply answer in context now, regardless of class or alignment. My freshly rolled Jedi Sentinel got the Dark Jedi lightsaber for accepting Bengal morr's offer a d my SW is neutral because it is more interesting to question choices than to just spam one side's answer or the other.

So, it's your money and time, so play how you want!!

LadyKohastFel
03.19.2013 , 08:41 AM | #28
My agent on empire side is LS purely because she takes the pragmatic view of not breaking potentially useful tools that she can use in the future.

She will not simply kill a prisoner, but she will make sure that they live so that they can end up serving the empire whether or not they are aware of it in the future.

She is not exactly nice either because even the LS choices on an imperial character tend to have a grimdark end to them so that for instance a prisoner who you spare may well have a full interrogation at the hands of the sith or imperial intelligence in their future with any number of sharp pointy objects being used on them.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

psandak
03.19.2013 , 08:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Keitanic View Post
In my opinion, play how you want. I started my firt character as a pure light side jedi shadow and couldn't stand the na´vetÚ of accepting all things good. Sometimes characters deserve to have my lightsaber in their stomach. Similarly, I find it immensely interesting to simply answer in context now, regardless of class or alignment. My freshly rolled Jedi Sentinel got the Dark Jedi lightsaber for accepting Bengal morr's offer a d my SW is neutral because it is more interesting to question choices than to just spam one side's answer or the other.

So, it's your money and time, so play how you want!!
This is the crux of the matter - farming points (both LS/DS and companion affection) is BORING. Go with your gut, give conversation responses based on the personality you want your character to have not what will generate the most points.

Aelflaed
03.19.2013 , 06:15 PM | #30
Oh, who cares? I'm under the impression many of them are very wee children, and ignoring that, only light side Sith get the best moment in the game - when your light side Sith Warrior gets to tell Baras that Jaesa's mum & dad are bound to live in luxury, & he delights in the Comfy Chair solution. That never gets old to me. I wish I could keep a save of it, but sadly, this is an mmo... (and that harkens back to dealing with some brat that cares how another plays the game)