Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Allow SGR to be turned off

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMB's Avatar


JediMB
03.11.2013 , 03:51 PM | #11
Let's also implement a toggle for black and Asian people, because seeing them irks me. [/blatant racism]

BioWare has already stated that a toggle would be considered discriminatory, and discussion on the subject is (last I heard) not allowed.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

McCamper's Avatar


McCamper
03.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CedricJulliard View Post
I dont think that EA or Bioware will have a homophobia option in the settings when SGR comes out. .
Don't see how being against something automatically gives you a phobia. You do understand what a phobia is, right?

Doesn't matter to me either way, I don't do any flirt options or romances.

It wouldn't make sense to give the option to every single NPC or companion that is romanceable. Some of the companions just don't make sense and others do.

Obviously (more like for legal reasons) they won't actually put someway to have SGR's as an option...not many people or large business's want to be sued for discriminating or be called "politically incorrect" or be diagnosed with a made up phobia.

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
03.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CedricJulliard View Post
I dont think that EA or Bioware will have a homophobia option in the settings when SGR comes out. As previously stated, just dont flirt with the male or female and you will be able to live your life happily.
I just love how people like you just jump right to the homophobia type slander right away. Myself I don't so much care about the option being there, as a parent that has a kid that plays form time to time it is something that I don't necessarily want him exposed to in game. I am capable of understanding the the implications of such relationships but my son being only 12 years old I don't feel is necessarily mature enough to understand all of the implications involved with such decisions. So please don't insult the intelligence of people like me by going off with the rote homophobia BS just because someone asked for an option to disable it if they so choose.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
03.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #14
anonnn, I wholeheartedly disagree.
In my opinion, the Romance options should not be limited in any way. As I said, the game is rated "16+" in Europe, and "Teen" with "Sexual Themes" warning in US.

I am willing to bet that any 16+ year old has seen something way more hardcore than what we get in game. I am not going to say pr0n, but certainly something that implies sex much more than this game does, heck, Iron Man movie has much lower age restrictions (PG-13), and you can see Tony Stark getting it on with pretty hot journalist very early in the movie (mostly clothed, on bed, which they promptly fall off out of camera before clothing start coming off, SWTOR does not do even that).

If people are irked by the freedom to choose options that shape your character's personality in a Role-playing GAME, they should not play it or allow their kids to play it.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

McCamper's Avatar


McCamper
03.11.2013 , 04:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I just love how people like you just jump right to the homophobia type slander right away. Myself I don't so much care about the option being there, as a parent that has a kid that plays form time to time it is something that I don't necessarily want him exposed to in game. I am capable of understanding the the implications of such relationships but my son being only 12 years old I don't feel is necessarily mature enough to understand all of the implications involved with such decisions. So please don't insult the intelligence of people like me by going off with the rote homophobia BS just because someone asked for an option to disable it if they so choose.
Oh boy. I wouldn't have mentioned anything about having your child playing this game. Now they'll rip at you about "you won't expose your kid to SGR but you will expose him to violence!". It has happened many times with people being against SGR in the game.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
03.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #16
Just make the expansion M rating at this point seeing that both sides will never get along.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
03.11.2013 , 04:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Let's also implement a toggle for black and Asian people, because seeing them irks me. [/blatant racism]

BioWare has already stated that a toggle would be considered discriminatory, and discussion on the subject is (last I heard) not allowed.
What a load of disingenuous crap, and a terrible straw man argument at that.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
03.11.2013 , 04:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by McCamper View Post
Oh boy. I wouldn't have mentioned anything about having your child playing this game. Now they'll rip at you about "you won't expose your kid to SGR but you will expose him to violence!". It has happened many times with people being against SGR in the game.
Meh let em.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
03.11.2013 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
anonnn, I wholeheartedly disagree.
In my opinion, the Romance options should not be limited in any way. As I said, the game is rated "16+" in Europe, and "Teen" with "Sexual Themes" warning in US.

I am willing to bet that any 16+ year old has seen something way more hardcore than what we get in game. I am not going to say pr0n, but certainly something that implies sex much more than this game does, heck, Iron Man movie has much lower age restrictions (PG-13), and you can see Tony Stark getting it on with pretty hot journalist very early in the movie (mostly clothed, on bed, which they promptly fall off out of camera before clothing start coming off, SWTOR does not do even that).

If people are irked by the freedom to choose options that shape your character's personality in a Role-playing GAME, they should not play it or allow their kids to play it.
Its not that people are "irked" by the freedom to choose options, this too is a disingenuous argument. And if anything going off of your very own logic, giving people the option to control which flirt options (to include all flirt options) they see if any is adding even MORE options, so the premise of your argument is flawed even on the very face of it.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Arvig's Avatar


Arvig
03.11.2013 , 04:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by s_w_sanders View Post
Because just that flirt option is enough to irk some people. As for it being the same game code perspective it could be tweaked (sorry not a game designer don't know how or how hard it would be) to put a specific piece of code inside sgr and anything with that code could be blocked with the option off.

Now if that's not possible I don't know but i'm sure it could be done.
I've only read the first three or so posts of this thread, so my reply reflects that.

You can't please everyone. IMO if people are going to be angry over an OPTION to do a {FLIRT] they can easily ignore, they are too touchy for their own good anyway.

There's people that get angry if you say "Hello" to them wrong. Seriously.

Anyway, I actually feel LET the people whom would actually nerdrage over a same gender [FLIRT] option nerdrage. They IMO are the sort whom would nerdrage over pretty much anything they have decided they hate this week.