Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most hated and most loved ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Most hated and most loved ability

Onymus
03.09.2013 , 09:59 PM | #1
What is your favorite ability to use, what is the one you can do without and why?

Love

Flame Thrower! AOE damage, great animation and short cooldown.

Hate

Missile Blast. It uses too much heat, has pitiful damage and an unneeded AOE.
Andrunahl 55 Pyro Merc
Jung Ma

JimmyTheCannon
03.09.2013 , 10:53 PM | #2
Death From Above is my all-time favorite, although Rocket Punch is a close second (and the reason I'm leveling a Powertech now).

Least favorite is Power Shot. ::shrugs:: Just animation-wise, it's boring.

mufgufkin
03.10.2013 , 09:00 PM | #3
Shoryuken!!! I mean rocket punch.

Koyaanisqat
03.10.2013 , 09:56 PM | #4
Explosive Dart. I love that ****. I love how it has a 2 second primer to trigger burst, and I love when sages force speed away with less than 1,000 health and it fires off, killing them. That makes my day.

Least favorite ability? Sweeping Blasters. It should be longer like the Smuggler variant.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

JimmyTheCannon
03.11.2013 , 01:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Explosive Dart. I love that ****. I love how it has a 2 second primer to trigger burst, and I love when sages force speed away with less than 1,000 health and it fires off, killing them. That makes my day.
It reminds me of the good old days of using the Rail Launcher's secondary fire in Dark Forces, and knowing that the stormtrooper it hits has exactly three seconds to live.

It's even better here, though, because enemies in this game actually *know* they're going to die and panic appropriately.

Stressfire
03.12.2013 , 07:38 AM | #6
Oh, Rocket Punch all the way, even as a Merc - makes a thematic finisher for a melee enemy

As much as I enjoy missile blast for the knockdown on non-elites, it's an awful lot of heat to justify consistent use unless there is a real need for an instant cast.

LordExozone
03.12.2013 , 09:22 AM | #7
Most loved abilities:
Retractable Blade - Awesome animation. I especially love finishing people off with it when they end up with <5% hp - predator-style!
Flame Thrower - Roasting people in flames is simply awesome.

Most hated ability:
Flame Burst - It takes away from the uniqueness of the Flame Thower, and the spammable nature of it makes no sense to me. After all I didn't see Boba or Jango Fett spam bursts of flames everywhere. Our main spammable attack should be a blaster attack.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

paowee
03.12.2013 , 02:38 PM | #8
Heatseeker missiles! Even though I don't have a merc/bh ...
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Koyaanisqat
03.13.2013 , 04:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
It's even better here, though, because enemies in this game actually *know* they're going to die and panic appropriately.
And for the moment, it triggers shoulder-slam.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Zatriann
03.13.2013 , 08:04 PM | #10
Favorite : rocket punch. As stated, it makes a super nice finish (Tiger uppercut !).

Most hated : rail shot while tanking (I play pyro pt most of the time). Why is this just never up ??