Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith = republick LOGO? : /

AbyssWyrm
12.20.2011 , 09:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Milhurian View Post
Have you ever considered that the Sith Empire wins in the end, but after let's say... 1 000-2 000 years there is an massive revolt in the galaxies and the Jedi help the populations destroy the Sith? Having the Sith Empire change it's power system doesn't mean it would be 100% be abolished. Just think of the Soviet union anthem... First the "new" Russia wanted it gone but then they brought it back... Same can happen! in SWTOR
I just cant see how it fits that Republic picked the hatefull Sith LOGO as its own Mind to tell that Palpatin didnt hate the Republic itself, just a jedies.

Snackshack
12.20.2011 , 10:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by elvigy View Post
Haha, I had to go Googling to figure that one out. Nice.
I'm sure lots of folks did. It still catches me off guard when i see pictures of 3,000 year old gold statues with that symbol on their foreheads.
Helm of Graush's Server Forum
Lunchbox - Vanguard

GKIOI
12.20.2011 , 10:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AbyssWyrm View Post
I am sure this question was asked here like may be hundreds time, but still let me ask once again:
Why da hell SWTOR's Sith Empire have Republic LOGO from 1-3 episodes

For those who might not be aware, Palpatin simply didn't changed the LOGO, then he transformed Republic to Empire. That was understandable political choice, since he tried to show like he actualy saving the Republic.
But i hardly can imagine that Republic itself had copied old Sith Empire LOGO (after events of SWTOR era)
Not entirely sure; however, a safe guess would be that Palpatine used this symbol to unite the Republic as it is connected to Ancient Sith tradition and Palpatine is secretly Sith. I would gather that it wasn't a dead giveaway for Palpatine's motives because no one probably remembers it as a Sith symbol, being that it was last used thousands of years ago. I actually do not remember seeing this symbol until at least episode II where the clone army's existence is uncovered and Palpatine's plot is set into motion. However, I would guess that the Republic has the Sith Empire logo and not vice versa by these estimations. I don't think the Republic did copy a Sith Empire logo, it was probably Darth Sidious who was posing as Palpatine that set that into motion as a sort of irony hearkening to the level of deception he employed.

If you're interested, there are numerous things in Star Wars that are based off of real cultures, places, and history. I.e. Budapest is a Star Wars city, it is a place in Russia also. Palpatine is akin to the word in Latin meaning "tongue." The Empire's symbol resembles the Japanese Empire's flag. We could go all day... powerful symbols from anciet cultures sometimes come back in real life too. And their origins as so old hardly anyone knows them.
"There are two kinds of Mandalorian Warriors, Jarael. The ones who figure out how to use their medkits -- and the ones we bury." -Demagol

DeathlySin
12.21.2011 , 04:28 AM | #14
the galatic empire has the same ish symbol possibly due to palp doing it but if you look closely the sith and empire have 6 prongs but the republic in the films had 8. as to the reason for why the republic one is so similar all i can think is lore wise is the sith have had a background hand in the running of the republic until palps went to the fore front. real life wise GL wanted to show that they are the empire in the making to link the 2 trilogys
Verd Ori'shya Beskar'gam

Imragus
12.21.2011 , 06:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GKIOI View Post
If you're interested, there are numerous things in Star Wars that are based off of real cultures, places, and history. I.e. Budapest is a Star Wars city, it is a place in Russia also.
Budapest is not a russian city, it's hungarian. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest

BiggGee
12.21.2011 , 07:28 AM | #16
Maybe the sith never lost power after all........maybe they were the backbone of the Republic from the shadows
Ultimately, the Jedi Knights are not nearly as strong as they appear to be. Their constant seeking of moral perfection and serenity actually weakens them. Jedi who shun emotional attachments, cut themselves off from the Living Force that sustains the Light Side of the Force and leaves them unable to summon the second strongest emotion of all; love. I do not know if it was a Sith Lord who secretly introduced the Jedi Knights to discarding their emotional connections but if it was, he contributed above all other Sith to our ultimate victory over the Jedi.

WhoDaresWins
12.21.2011 , 08:02 AM | #17
According to the writers, at some point at the end of the story of The Old Republic (a few hundred years or so maybe) the Republic and Sith Empire begin to sort of mold together, which is why for instance the 'British' accent is the Coruscanti one and such, even though Daniel Erickson said that the British accent comes from the Sith Empire exclusively.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"