Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Relic for Commando Gunnery in 2.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Best Relic for Commando Gunnery in 2.0?

oaceen
03.09.2013 , 06:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
the question is how "similar XXX effects" is defined
i think you're overthinking it, honestly.

the simplest solution is that it works as it's stated. damaging and healing effects have been defined in the game for a long time.

Kitru
03.10.2013 , 01:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
the simplest solution is that it works as it's stated. damaging and healing effects have been defined in the game for a long time.
Except that you're forgetting that it says "similar" effects so there's a lot of wiggle room in what exactly is stated, not to mention that's honestly how it looks to be coded at the moment. It also would make almost no sense for a 20 sec ICD relic to share a CD with a 4.5 sec ICD. If everything just "worked as it's stated", we also wouldn't have the whole "Tech proc relics and Force proc relics" issue, but, since it *doesn't* work exactly as stated, we have to deal with that.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

nbayer
04.11.2013 , 08:21 AM | #13
Can anyone post the stats on the new top end relics now that 2.0 is live? In particular these:

Power activate
Damage proc (kinetic and internal)
Power proc

Thufir_Hawat
04.11.2013 , 11:20 AM | #14
I've run with the new power proc relic and the elemental damage one. They do share cool downs but I think in an odd way when I look at the log.

Damage proc relic is uneffected by the power relic, I usually get a proc every 6 seconds and I averaged around that for the log. However, the damage on the power proc does seem to share a cool down so if damage procs while power is available you have to wait till damage is off cooldown before power procs again.

What this meant is that when using both in PvE I was seeing the damage proc every 6 seconds over 5 minutes (i.e 4.5 cool down + 1 GCD on average to proc, and I saw the power relic proc every 33 seconds, which is 20 seconds of cool down followed by 9 GCDs of not procing, probably because the elemental relic rolls first and then reset the cooldown for 4.5 seconds.

Hope this helps.

ArchangelLBC
04.11.2013 , 01:23 PM | #15
I'm probably gonna go with a power proc relic (preferabbly the one dropped from Thrasher in SM Scum and Villainy) and then an on use Power Relic (bought with 150 basic comms for Arkanian) for burst phases.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

nbayer
04.12.2013 , 09:03 AM | #16
Ok, here are the stats on underworld relics:

They all have these stats on them in addition to their effect.
98 end
32 pow

power proc
30% 550 pow for 6 sec, 20 sec cooldown

From my previous testing with proc relics I found that in general you would have about 2 global cooldowns between the internal cooldown ending and the effect being reapplied. While that was 3 seconds before, alarity could influence that now. I will use 3 sec for simplicity though.

(550 power * 6 active seconds) / (20 cooldown + 3 extra seconds for the proc to refresh)
143.47 pow/sec

power click
425 pow for 30 sec, I think the cooldown is 2 min?
(425 power * 30 active seconds) / 120 cooldown
106.25 pow/sec

kinetic proc
30% 352 kinetic damage, 4.5 sec cooldown
At the DG level the kinetic was more effective than internal for gunnery due to the AP cell, I havn't checked if that scaled with the underworld relics.

internal proc
30% 264 internal damage, 4.5 sec cooldown

I would be interested to see some logs from people wearing the power proc relic in general but also the power proc + damage proc. The questions I'm most interested in are:
1) Does the internal cooldown of power proc and damage proc interfere with each other?
2) If the damage relics procs, can that in turn proc the power relic.

ArchangelLBC
04.12.2013 , 09:43 AM | #17
Currently the Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages gives 395 power for 30 seconds as opposed to the Dread Guard Relic which gives 350 power for 30 seconds (I think your old values are from when the effects lasted 20 seconds).

Since DG relic also gives you 18 power all the time, while the gain from 45 more power on burn phases equates to only 11.25 on average, I'm sticking with Dread Guard until an Underworld relic becomes available or I decide to make the switch to a damage proc relic, though I have really come to like the on use power for burn phases.

Until I get the drop in raids (we had a power proc relic drop off of both thrasher and the Dread Council fight in TFB this week, but I lost rolls on both =( ) I'm using the PVP relic of the same type. 550 comms is like an hour in warzones, and with new bolster you can get your medals even in DG gear.

-Wnd

GeckoOBac
04.12.2013 , 04:04 PM | #18
One thing: we must now use the ENERGY relic, not the kinetic one. Arkanian kinetic (and I assume also the underworld version) is now FORCE, and energy is now the tech one.

That said, I did find the power change mind boggling. I guess I'll wait for the underworld versions as well.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

SafeJungleFever
04.15.2013 , 01:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
One thing: we must now use the ENERGY relic, not the kinetic one. Arkanian kinetic (and I assume also the underworld version) is now FORCE, and energy is now the tech one.

That said, I did find the power change mind boggling. I guess I'll wait for the underworld versions as well.
lol thx for the input. Seriously. Almost blew 150 basics on the wrong thing. Glad they stealth changed this stealth requirement. Idiots.

ArchangelLBC
04.15.2013 , 02:15 AM | #20
At least the relics unambiguously state whether they're doing Force or Tech now.

Also, honestly I wouldn't waste the basic comms.

-Wnd