Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Customer Support ROCKS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware Customer Support ROCKS

NwahsNirom
03.07.2013 , 09:48 AM | #1
I had spent 350 black hole comms on a hazmat implant that I had already bought. I bought it, looked at the stats, and decided at the time I didn't want to trade the absorb for defense or something. So I threw it in my vault.

Then weeks/months later, I bought the same implant again, forgetting I had bought it before, and wanting those stats.

I sent in a ticket praying I could get those comms back, and check it out:

Quote:
Dear Shawn,

Thanks for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service to report the issue you encountered.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us (ticket 8217388). Please click here to begin: https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=P2-b58217388

We'll listen to any feedback you'd like to provide as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people and our community.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, we appreciate your custom and are always glad to assist you.

Regards,

Patrick

Bioware rocks
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website

Ebon Hawk | Guild Leader | PvE, PvP

TheNahash
03.07.2013 , 09:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by NwahsNirom View Post
I sent in a ticket praying I could get those comms back, and check it out:
Why couldn't you just vendor it back and get your 350 comms?

Eldrenath
03.07.2013 , 09:56 AM | #3
I'm confused...the email you posted doesn't actually say they're giving anything back, it just says they hope you had a good experience and asked you to fill out a survey.

Also, you can get full refunds on items for a period of a few hours, I believe, precisely to try to help alleviate these kids of problems (which is actually a really nice system that I very much appreciate).

Alavastre
03.07.2013 , 10:00 AM | #4
Sarcasm is hard.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

wainot-keel
03.07.2013 , 10:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
I'm confused...the email you posted doesn't actually say they're giving anything back, it just says they hope you had a good experience and asked you to fill out a survey.
That's the thing I guess.
I have had a couple of tickets closed without addressing the issue I presented, just thanks for contacting them, or responding with an unrelated matter. In those cases, after a drop by at the support forum and a new ticket with references to the original one, I got a proper answer.

Eldrenath
03.07.2013 , 10:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
That's the thing I guess.
I have had a couple of tickets closed without addressing the issue I presented, just thanks for contacting them, or responding with an unrelated matter. In those cases, after a drop by at the support forum and a new ticket with references to the original one, I got a proper answer.
Doh. Sarcasm detection fail on my part. >_<

Fayrelle
03.07.2013 , 10:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Why couldn't you send vendor it back and get your 350 comms?
^^^^This. lol
Shadowlands
The Krispykreme Legacy

Miladymalady: 40Ladyhealsauce: 50Koltokween:55

wainot-keel
03.07.2013 , 10:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayrelle View Post
^^^^This. lol
Maybe he bound it with an augment slot ?

Seriously, from my experience, the main problem with customer service is the really long time tickets can take to have an answer (of any kind)

I remember a ticket of mine a while back, shortly after dread guard stuff was released. I bought 1 clickee relic for power. Fooling around with it and with a Campaing one, I noticed they didn't share the exact same cooldown. I mistakenly assumed it would be the same with 2 Dread Guard power relics and bought another one. I didn't realize it until it was too late because I immediately put an augment slot on the new relic.

So I made a ticket explaining what happened (it was on my synthweaver so not even good for stabs or schematics, only vendor trash) . Took like 2,3 weeks I think but not only they gave me back the commendations, but also the augment it was still attached to it in an "unbound" state no less.

That was nice. If they had refused my request, I couldn't have said anything since it was my mistake.

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.07.2013 , 10:48 AM | #9
I know from experience that they will refund your item if you put the ticket in timely enough. If you've had it bound for several weeks they will refuse saying you had it for too long.

Kesica
03.07.2013 , 10:52 AM | #10
The last CS ticket I sent took 3 weeks to receive answer.

Face it they dont care